Leelbox Q4 4g 32g alternative firmware or ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leelbox Q4 4g 32g alternative firmware or ROM

I can't use third-party launchers or wallpaper and the Google Store is so limited I flashed MX 10 firmware the same thing..... can you flash Oreo down to nougat is that possible there's anyone know of custom ROM or other firmware that would work for the situation or any other work around

is there a reason I don't get any input am I in properly posting or something I'm new I'm not sure

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      I can't use third-party launchers or wallpaper and the Google Store is so limited I flashed MX 10 firmware the same thing..... can you flash Oreo down to nougat is that possible there's anyone know of custom ROM or other firmware that would work for the situation or any other work around
      The Leelbox firmware is absolute garbage, full of bugs.
      No one is going to fix it and no custom ROM's for this device.
      Next time buy a better supported device.

Comment

Hey man I realize that ......it was a gift and I am trying to make the best of it I was just hoping there's a workaround for any of the issues ..... didn't have to be so harsh

Comment

I agree Leelbox version of firmware is complete garbage and unstable written on top of T9 firmware, here is a link to the Leelbox firmware Link if you choose to use it again.

BUT you may want to just use the T9 firmware as if you open up that Leelbox branded case you will see it is just that a T9 board with 4 GB of DDR3 RAM and 32 GB of eMMc storage memory. Here is the latest stock firmware that I found to be most stable and works perfectly. Link
          Last edited by mulehound; 01-11-2019, 19:31.

Comment

So over the past couple months I have flashed this box with about 6 or 7 diff firmwares all working to some extent so today I tried to flash it with its original firmware that Mulehound gave me and I think I bricked it ????when I plug it in it reads but fails str8 away at download boot even when I erase flash same thing ???Anyone wtf

Comment

So over the past couple months I have flashed this box with about 6 or 7 diff firmwares all working to some extent so today I tried to flash it with its original firmware that Mulehound gave me and I think I bricked it ????when I plug it in it reads but fails str8 away at download boot even when I erase flash same thing ???Anyone wtf
              I guess I should have put a bigger warning on my post regarding the original firmware, but I did say it was garbage and unstable firmware and also "If you choose to use it"

What method are you using to write the firmware? SD card or via PC/USB, etc? I use the SD method....FWIW

I wrote the T9 v8 .img to the SD booted from there and it's been stable since I installed in late December.

Comment

I tried the T9 image first it would let me download it said I needed an decryption key or something like that and I always use the computer I never had much luck with SD card but I'll give it a try ..... just load the image on the card and put it in powered up...... and you have any idea why I'm having problems downloading the T9 I was trying to do I got T9 firmware from somewhere else and I loaded that and I just sat there on the boot screen so then I tried the leelbox in the boot screen came on and then it started running I got to Google want to put my email in and tripped out and shut down and then the boot screen just kept flashing I really appreciate you trying to help me out though thanks

Comment

It's just crazy to me use in firmware that I wasn't supposed to be using and getting it to work and obviously having some Bluetooth issues and Wi-Fi on some of them but everything worked a little bit and then I use what its supposed to have it takes a poop that's funny

Comment

It's just crazy to me use in firmware that I wasn't supposed to be using and getting it to work and obviously having some Bluetooth issues and Wi-Fi on some of them but everything worked a little bit and then I use what its supposed to have it takes a poop that's funny
                    Yea, these boards especially those with the same specs are all T9 T9-Rk3328-XXXXX.... I figured I'd just go with who made the board's firmware. You can definitely tell the Leel people just wrote some code over the top rebranded a few graphics and added some unnecessary trash.

Depending on the instructions you found for writing the SD it can be confusing depending on who wrote them, I will tell you what I did:

1. Cleaned the SD card with Windows diskPart.
                    2. Opened SD_Firmware_Tool and selected SD, select Upgrade Firmware option then pick the firmware image and click CREATE (Not Restore).
                    3. Let it write it should take a little bit.
                    4. Insert SD in powered off T9 unit, boot without pressing reset button or anything, wait til it asks you to remove SD card (DO NOT Power OFF).
                    5. Let it finish and when you see launcher screen your done.

Side note, some of the versions from T9 or whomever had issues with Bluetooth and/or WiFi, until I got to V8. That did the trick; at least for me.

This post actually gave me the idea to open up my case and see what kind of board was in it, sure enough branding aside it just a T9. Source

Hope that helps.
                    Last edited by mulehound; 01-11-2019, 19:50.

Comment

I tried the T9 image first it would let me download it said I needed an decryption key or something like that and I always use the computer I never had much luck with SD card but I'll give it a try ..... just load the image on the card and put it in powered up...... and you have any idea why I'm having problems downloading the T9 I was trying to do I got T9 firmware from somewhere else and I loaded that and I just sat there on the boot screen so then I tried the leelbox in the boot screen came on and then it started running I got to Google want to put my email in and tripped out and shut down and then the boot screen just kept flashing I really appreciate you trying to help me out though thanks
                      Ah, did you use WinRAR or WinZip to extract the compressed T9.img file? If so you need to use 7-Zip to extract (just google/download/use that)

Comment

Yes I used WinZip for winRAR would not even open it.....

but there is no more problem I got no screen nothing

Comment

Yes I used WinZip for winRAR would not even open it.....

but there is no more problem I got no screen nothing
                          Hi ,

i saw your Post with "BootcardProblem" , i deleted it , you can ask all your Questions for Help here ,

no need to make an extra Thread for the same Box and Problems with it , okay !!!

important to restore your Box is that you have a Stockrom , do you have one ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hey I apologize I am have four boxes and I'm always just playing with them more than anything I forgot I even had that up there. No I don't have the stock ROM I can't seem to find it anywhere someone gave me it but I thought was a copy of it and that's what I ended up breaking it was but I somehow managed to get a working with GGTV firmware today I somehow got it to read and flashed it...... any opinion on a decent firmware I can Flash this box I know this box stinks but I have it kicking around so I'm going to keep playing with it

Comment

Okay so everything seems to be working but if I go on the Google Play Store I get a green screen flash and I got to reset the Box any idea

Comment

Working...
                              X