No announcement yet.

[Step by Step Tutorial] LibreElec on H96 Max+ *** Also IR Remote support ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Step by Step Tutorial] LibreElec on H96 Max+ *** Also IR Remote support ***

Firstly I would like to thank all user who have made a contribution in support of RK3328 device, in particular:
    balbes150, @hexdump from Armbian Forum, @easyb From Armbian Forum, @ amirul From Armbian Forum and LE community.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you need:

1 USB stick: at least 1 gb

1 SD Card : strongly suggespted at least 4 gb

Balena Etcher: https://www.balena.io/etcher/

LibreElec custom image for H96 Max+
    : https://mega.nz/#!IxYXFIbb!DCiQiwYLK...-dyQ8IUDnDl2nA
    referred imaginatively by me as "Libre_Elec H96 Max+ _Crossover"

IR Remote fix: https://mega.nz/#!hpZlxAzb!FaqEvNF_T...iwQmbXdOF7As3U

Let's Start

Install and open Balena Etcher ----> click on "select image" and choose
    Libre_Elec H96_Max+ _Crossover.img

Instert usb stick and SD card in your pc.
    -I suggespt to delete all partitions on these units , make a backup before doing it-

Click on "Select Target" and choose: USB stick and SD card

Click on
    "Flash!"----> wait for FINISH.

Now insert USB stick and SD card in your H96 Max+, connect HDMI cable to TV, connect power supply cable.

Now you can read on screen:
    "PARTITION RESAZING IN PROGRESS" , wait till the device is rebooted.

After the reboot you can see the home screen
    of KODI, complete first setup using a usb mouse.

Wait 5 minutes, then power off the device using the icon in KODI home screen.

Remove power supply cable, remove USB stick, keep SD card inserted in H96 Max+.

Power on the device,leave work the interafce till you see KODI HOME.

Now you have succesfully installed LibreElec on SD card

How to make IR Remote working:

Open IR_Remote_fix_by_easyb.zip,----> extract: [h96mp , rc_maps.cfg] in a free USB stick.

Open settings in KODI,----> click on File Manager ,----> click on Add source,----> set same as picture and click ok.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.1 KB ID:	790386

Insert your usb stick in H96 Max+.

You have now a situation like a next picture, you can see 2 different columns. -my usb stick is named "USB_STICK"-

In left column open your
    USB stick clicking on her name,
    in right colum open .config folder clicking on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	910
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	790534

You must click one for one on two files : [h96mp , rc_maps.cfg] in left column, till their names become green,
    ----> right button of your mouse and click on copy,----> Confirm. Results in next picture

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	885
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	790535

In the right column click and enter in rc_keymaps folder, reselect two files in left column, they become green, right button of your mouse, click on copy, Confirm. Results in next picture

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	879
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	790536

Reboot device. You have now a working IR Remote.

-------------------------------------------------
    HDMI AUDIO: works
    IR Remote: works
    Wifi usb dongle: works
    bluetooth usb dongle: works
    ON/OFF Led Indicator: works
    CEC: not tested
    -------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final conclusions: what I've done, and why:

I have assembled the image, but the credits belongs to others.

I chose to use:

The super system: LE 9.80 kernel 4 by balbes150: that support usb wifi and bluetooth dongles.
    The easyb dtb to be able to offer compatibility with HDMI AUDIO and have ON/OFF LED that works.
    The u-boot component of LE 9.1 generic official image, beacuse the easyb dtb doesn't work with balbes150 u-boot. i don't know why.
    IR Remote Fix by easyb: to make remote control works.

In the guide there could be inaccuracies regarding the terms used, forgive my lack of knowledge.
    There are LibreElec features that I haven't tested yet, any error report or correction report is welcome

Last edited by Digit97; 11-24-2019, 23:53.

As far as I remember rk3328, if the SD card is supported in DTB, the first start does not require a USB drive, everything should work with one SD card at once.

Comment

Ok thank you balbes, when i have free time i make an attempt to give a confirmation to users.

I think anyway that the dbt of easyb and perhaps also the other dtb for this device; needing to be improved as far as video support is concerned, the quality is not great when playing movies online.

Comment

Working...
      X