Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X88 Pro with RK3328 chipset, Android 9 // Root? Firmware?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    X88 Pro with RK3328 chipset, Android 9 // Root? Firmware?

    Hello,
    Via Amazon I purchased a X88 Pro, its "mark" was Turewell X88 Pro. After my research I think it is a "no name" clone of Wechip X88 Pro, I wanted to download its firmware, but the folder is empty: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=46126...GxUFsctkACuadc
    Hereby there is a report from my device:

    Manufacturer: rockchip
    Model: X88pro.hxj.p2.0.6256.d4
    Brand: Android
    Board: rk30sdk
    Device: rk3328_box
    Hardware: rk30board
    Platform: rk3328
    Product: rk3328_box
    Installed RAM: 2 GB
    Total Memory: 1959 M
    Core Architecture: 4x ARM Cortex-A53 @ 1104 MHz
    Instruction Set: 64-bit ARMv8-A
    Android Version: 9 (Pie)
    API Level: 28
    Android Security Patch Level: 2019-03-05
    Rooted Device: No
    Build ID: rk3328_box_hxj_x88pro-userdebug 9 PQ2A.190205.003 eng.foxluo.20190925.203707 test-keys
    Codename: REL
    Fingerprint: google/sailfish/sailfish:9/PQ1A.190105.004/5148680:user/release-keys
    ID: PQ2A.190205.003
    Incremental: eng.foxluo.20190925.203707
    Java Runtime Version: Android Runtime 0.9

    Wi-FI chip:
    MAC Address Lookup Result - A4:3E:A0
    A4:3E:A0
    hk - ?? iComm HK LIMITED
    Room 702 Kowloon Building 555 Nathan Road Kowloon HongKong
    Kowloon NA
    HK


    My questions would be:
    This device shows itself as a "non-rooted" device, but via Wireless ADB I can switch to root. Is there any opportunity to root this device?
    While I wanted to download the original firmware, many times I found a similar firmware, but for rk3318 and not for my rk3328. Shall I cross-flash them?
    Does anybody know, which firmware is suitable for this device? If it was originally rooted, it would be perfect.

    Many thanks!
    Last edited by rohamkocka; 04-20-2020, 07:43.

    #2
    In build.prop I have found this info:

    # begin fota properties
    ro.fota.platform=RK3328
    ro.fota.type=box
    ro.fota.oem=MiniA5X_Plus.p2.0.00.d4
    ro.fota.device=MiniA5X_Plus.p2.0.00.d4
    ro.fota.version=X88pro.hxj.p2.0.6256.d4_1.0.1
    # end fota properties
    ro.expect.recovery_id=0xeef6a132aa90f4a8c53f433871 667f442808b89f000000000000000000000000

    Comment


      #3
      https://androidpctv.com/firmware-smart-box-x88-pro/

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by rohamkocka View Post
        In build.prop I have found this info:

        # begin fota properties
        ro.fota.platform=RK3328
        ro.fota.type=box
        ro.fota.oem=MiniA5X_Plus.p2.0.00.d4
        ro.fota.device=MiniA5X_Plus.p2.0.00.d4
        ro.fota.version=X88pro.hxj.p2.0.6256.d4_1.0.1
        # end fota properties
        ro.expect.recovery_id=0xeef6a132aa90f4a8c53f433871 667f442808b89f000000000000000000000000
        Seems that you bought a clone device, it's not a RK3328, it's the low cost RK3318 that doesn't support 4K, HDR or gigabit ethernet and only runs at 1.1Ghz.
        You are going to have all sorts of problems because the manufacturer, most likely WeChip doesn't provide any firmware updates.

        Comment


          #5

          Yeah, I have a very similar device, hence I am a little bit confused, because overall I am reading about it, that this device has been shipped with RK3318 and not with the RK3328.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by mo123 View Post

            Seems that you bought a clone device, it's not a RK3328, it's the low cost RK3318 that doesn't support 4K, HDR or gigabit ethernet and only runs at 1.1Ghz.
            You are going to have all sorts of problems because the manufacturer, most likely WeChip doesn't provide any firmware updates.
            Thank you for your confirmation, I have a similar suspicion -- but in this case why does it "lie" about the CPU? Refer to CPU-Z it is RK3066, really funny and DMESG gives only the architecture:

            [ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0
            [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset
            [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
            [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct
            [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys schedtune
            [ 0.000000] Linux version 4.4.159 ([email protected]) (gcc version 6.3.1 20170404 (Linaro GCC 6.3-2017.05) ) #98 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 11 14:30:05 CST 2019
            [ 0.000000] Boot CPU: AArch64 Processor [410fd034]
            [ 0.000000] earlycon: Early serial console at MMIO32 0xff130000 (options '')
            [ 0.000000] bootconsole [uart0] enabled
            [ 0.000000] Reserved memory: failed to reserve memory for node '[email protected]': base 0x0000000020000000, size 0 MiB
            [ 0.000000] Reserved memory: created CMA memory pool at 0x000000007bc00000, size 32 MiB
            [ 0.000000] Reserved memory: initialized node linux,cma, compatible id shared-dma-pool
            [ 0.000000] On node 0 totalpages: 516096
            [ 0.000000] DMA zone: 8184 pages used for memmap
            [ 0.000000] DMA zone: 0 pages reserved
            [ 0.000000] DMA zone: 516096 pages, LIFO batch:31
            [ 0.000000] psci: probing for conduit method from DT.
            [ 0.000000] psci: PSCIv1.0 detected in firmware.
            [ 0.000000] psci: Using standard PSCI v0.2 function IDs
            [ 0.000000] psci: Trusted OS migration not required
            [ 0.000000] PERCPU: Embedded 21 pages/cpu @ffffffc07ff3d000 s45528 r8192 d32296 u86016
            [ 0.000000] pcpu-alloc: s45528 r8192 d32296 u86016 alloc=21*4096
            [ 0.000000] pcpu-alloc: [0] 0 [0] 1 [0] 2 [0] 3
            [ 0.000000] Detected VIPT I-cache on CPU0
            [ 0.000000] CPU features: enabling workaround for ARM erratum 845719

            With RK3318 I would be satisfied too, I use only to watch the TV and sometimes for YouTube, I do not have a big performance expectation.
            Refer to the build.prop I am researching on 4PDA https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=851877 , I am planning to backup my firmware then re-flash with an "original" firmware of A5X plus mini, or if it is really a RK3318, I could try with A95X R3 https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=971415 , but I am not sure ... my box is only a plastic box without any LED display, does it really matter?
            If I am correct, I should open the box the check the realistic CPU.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by rohamkocka View Post



              With RK3318 I would be satisfied too, I use only to watch the TV and sometimes for YouTube, I do not have a big performance expectation.
              Refer to the build.prop I am researching on 4PDA https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=851877 , I am planning to backup my firmware then re-flash with an "original" firmware of A5X plus mini, or if it is really a RK3318, I could try with A95X R3 https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=971415 , but I am not sure ... my box is only a plastic box without any LED display, does it really matter?
              If I am correct, I should open the box the check the realistic CPU.
              Best firmware for me is Android TV 9
              But i d'ont know if you have the same wifi chip
              https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry93518775

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by manu_manu4 View Post
                Best firmware for me is Android TV 9
                But i d'ont know if you have the same wifi chip
                https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry93518775
                Thanks, great, I will check it. There is no more mystery, I opened the box and on the motherboard it has been engraved:
                X88PRO-RK3318-D4-V1.1

                WiFi chip: SV6256P

                Comment


                  #9
                  I am sorry i do not have firmware for your wifichip you may still try my roms on your machine, they also are rooted.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Silver View Post
                    I am sorry i do not have firmware for your wifichip you may still try my roms on your machine, they also are rooted.
                    Absolutely no problem. It is a good challenge to hunt other firmware. By the way, refer to the etch-work I have found somebody, who disassembled it once already: https://wasp.kz/articles.php?article_id=1222

                    Comment


                      #11
                      first firmware link that i send to you https://androidpctv.com/firmware-smart-box-x88-pro/ is for x88 pro rk3318 & SV6256P wifi chip

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by manu_manu4 View Post
                        first firmware link that I send to you https://androidpctv.com/firmware-smart-box-x88-pro/ is for x88 pro rk3318 & SV6256P wifi chip
                        Yes, many thanks, I found it formerly and it was the first point, when I became a little bit confused, because everything is same, except the chipset (RK3318 vs. RK3328), but as we discovered here, my box is also a RK3318. I have another TV box, still with an old-style S905W, and for it, I have more versions of firmware, until now I had no experience with RK3318. I downloaded it and if there is no any other opportunity, I will root offline and flash it.

                        SV6256P WiFi: I think, it is not related to the TV box, but to the Android 9, I will check the other firmware.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          your rom is named x88pro_rk3318_d4_9.0_ssv6256_x88pro_20190705_r1.im g.zip
                          x88pro for box name
                          rk3318 for processor
                          d4 i don't know
                          9.0 for android version
                          ssv6256 for wifi chip
                          20190705 for date relase
                          r1 i don't know

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by manu_manu4 View Post
                            your rom is named x88pro_rk3318_d4_9.0_ssv6256_x88pro_20190705_r1.im g.zip
                            x88pro for box name
                            rk3318 for processor
                            d4 i don't know
                            9.0 for android version
                            ssv6256 for wifi chip
                            20190705 for date relase
                            r1 i don't know
                            Yes, it is absolutely clear. I wanted to explain, that my TV box lies about the CPU (not RK3328, but RK3318), hence I became a little bit confused at the beginning and in this topic it has been cleared.
                            My other plan, that this firmware is okay, but I am curious, if there is any other suitable fork (as my other box S905W has many alternative firmwares) or should I tweak this only one.

                            And also my observation (or suspicion), that for my WiFi chipset is not an exotic one, Android 9 has already driver for it -- but I will have to check it.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Get a better box to play with, the CPU is low powered it cannot keep up with todays needs.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X