Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H96 MAX Rk3566 4/32GB or 8/64GB Dual Wifi BT4.0 USB3.0 Gig Lan Google Voice Youtube Rockchip Android 11 Smart TV Box

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by zeroprobe View Post
    Come across a first issue where the box is not detecting a 4K resolution from my 2019 Samsung TV.
    Bingo!

    but I'm wonder that,what kind of connection with your TV?
    and 4K content from where or what type of content?

    note;Samsung TV model/type etc.,??

    its very interesting happen

    ++

    Meanwhile,on the BOX side;is there any video-signal type or selectable menu such as SDR/HDR etc.,?

    Comment


      #17
      I've got this box Magisk rooted.

      Below link is the patched boot.img - This is for the 4GB 32GB Rom variant and needs flashing
      Only try if you are experienced.

      How to do and flash:
      https://mega.nz/file/aNoA0B6D#XFEuDu...qv8n7jI7WHl2PA


      Install DriverAssistant.
      Download the Firmware file - https://disk.yandex.ru/d/F29OpGlUWmyfKA?w=1
      Open RKDevTool
      Take power cable out of box.
      Hold the Reset button and then connect box to PC via USB - Let go of Reset after a second.
      RKDevTool should now say Found One Loader Device.
      Click Dev Partition - This will give you the Partitions and addresses for boot - I've already included the config_16.cfg from 4GB box.
      Right click Load Config - Select config_16.cfg
      Untick all except boot.
      Choose the boot_magisk_H96Max_4GB_RK3356.img
      Click Run - This will flash
      Once flashed, boot the box up and install Magisk Manager.
      When accessing Magisk Manager, there seems to be a bug saying another su is detected. Ignore this and root works fine with all apps.


      Below steps are just background and how to restore original firmware.
      Extracting your own boot.img from firmware.

      Extract imgRePackerRK - This is patched to open all RK chips.
      run imgRePackerRK 8G-RK3566_userdebug_H96_Max_RK3566_11_20210421.2051.i mg
      Navigate to created .dump folder.
      Copy boot.img to device
      Open Magisk and Patch

      Restoring original firmware.

      Open FactoryTool_1.72.2
      Open stock firmware.
      Access box recovery as from steps earlier, holding reset.
      Scroll to Port > Loader
      Click Run

      Comment


        #18
        Couple of Coupons from Geekbuying:
        4/32GB
        $84.99 [€71.42] after coupon: GKBMAY02

        https://www.geekbuying.com/item/H96-...tm_term=H96MAX

        8GB+64GB
        $102.99 [€86.54] after coupon: GKBTVN5
        https://www.geekbuying.com/item/H96-...tm_term=H96MAX
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

        Comment


          #19
          First if all thanks+

          well,all after this actions,how is the final result??
          or does it necessary all these procedure at least for "normal" home user??

          Comment


            #20
            Hmm.. Downloaded the files from zeroprobe
            Thanks
            I see: XDA tread : you made a backup, edited the files...Cool
            _____

            My unit came into day... 8/64gb version
            Will take some time..to get to know the device ( before flashing and stuff, if required)

            Cheers

            --------fw rk356x_box-userdebug 11 RQ1D.210105.003
            USB DAC support really good ( meizu / dragonfly's perfect playback plug and play ) (default color is magenta = 96khz ) (jitter free)
            Ota update says latest version
            wifi strength average / my tablets and phones see a lot more WiFi networks
            Remote range really bad / keeps blinking with new batt / airmouse works great
            CPU throttle says : allcores offline ? At 0.10 GHz ? Running test shows quite a bit off throttling
            Vanced YouTube with spoof : allows HDR playback
            android is android TV based / no notifications bar / no taskbar / 2 settings appz-pages / sound: no option to route sound to other devices like dacs
            Android 11 sdk30 arm64v8a arm-v7a widevine L3 clearkey 1.2
            RKMC kodi 18.9 is preinstalled info shows : 4cores at 12% with 6.4 gb of free ram / kernel 4.19 / batt level 50% / audio route option not given
            Bromite 64bit works good / preinstalled Firefox shows : banner no longer supporting android TV version
            Aurora market works / sentio works, but enabling appz in window doesn't work or even 50% 50% / Kodi 19 64bit works
            pcb = hcy-rk356x-1x32-v12 builddate = 2021-03-15 WiFi chip= hcy6355

            On my amazon 4k stick.. I tried to watch a really really long movie, but the unit stated : running out of space!
            The rk3566 however played the movie without issue

            "Smart YouTube next" has need options like 8k vp9+hdr with auto framerate switching... ( sadly I'm on a 27" monitor without HDR support )

            Tweaking
            Developer options has lots of options like
            Disable google apps / disable "suspend execution of cached apps" / disable auto run "stress test for rockchip" and "google" / force sRGB

            Root acquired... Was a pain to get unit into "loader" ( unit powers up from otg cable - so it needs enough power from USB )
            -methods : remove all cables / get ready to push reset button / connected otg cable unit will light up blue / hold reset button ( hope and pray it works )

            Downloaded jellyfish 4k uhd 10bit 140mbps :
            Mxplayer some frame drops / off Kodi horrible frame drops / media center looks good / nova lots of framedrops

            Rooted Boot.IMG for 8/64 version : https://ufile.io/bvd83kml
            Kodi/RMMC 18.9 for those with rockchip devices : https://ufile.io/t82z6tas
            Last edited by mitchell4you; 05-11-2021, 11:20.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by zeroprobe View Post
              I've got this box Magisk rooted.

              Below link is the patched boot.img - This is for the 4GB 32GB Rom variant and needs flashing
              Only try if you are experienced.

              How to do and flash:
              https://mega.nz/file/aNoA0B6D#XFEuDu...qv8n7jI7WHl2PA


              Install DriverAssistant.
              Download the Firmware file - https://disk.yandex.ru/d/F29OpGlUWmyfKA?w=1
              Open RKDevTool
              Take power cable out of box.
              Hold the Reset button and then connect box to PC via USB - Let go of Reset after a second.
              RKDevTool should now say Found One Loader Device.
              Click Dev Partition - This will give you the Partitions and addresses for boot - I've already included the config_16.cfg from 4GB box.
              Right click Load Config - Select config_16.cfg
              Untick all except boot.
              Choose the boot_magisk_H96Max_4GB_RK3356.img
              Click Run - This will flash
              Once flashed, boot the box up and install Magisk Manager.
              When accessing Magisk Manager, there seems to be a bug saying another su is detected. Ignore this and root works fine with all apps.


              Below steps are just background and how to restore original firmware.
              Extracting your own boot.img from firmware.

              Extract imgRePackerRK - This is patched to open all RK chips.
              run imgRePackerRK 8G-RK3566_userdebug_H96_Max_RK3566_11_20210421.2051.i mg
              Navigate to created .dump folder.
              Copy boot.img to device
              Open Magisk and Patch

              Restoring original firmware.

              Open FactoryTool_1.72.2
              Open stock firmware.
              Access box recovery as from steps earlier, holding reset.
              Scroll to Port > Loader
              Click Run
              Hi friend and you can video instructions if it is not difficult, how to get Root rights

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
                Hmm.. Downloaded the files from zeroprobe
                Thanks
                I see: XDA tread : you made a backup, edited the files...Cool
                Can you or anyone else confirm, does your unit allow 3840x2160 4k resolution from the HDMI display setting?

                Comment


                  #23
                  well,read all very carefully
                  and I'm still confuse for buying RK3566("Brand" doesnt matter at present and seems all are same!)

                  so,sit and wait mode

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
                    well,read all very carefully
                    and I'm still confuse for buying RK3566("Brand" doesnt matter at present and seems all are same!)
                    so,sit and wait mode
                    Wait another 6-8 months or more and see if anybody will give some extra support to the chip, like maybe LibreELEC; but I don't think any big manufactures (Beelink, Minix, Ugoos) will be using this chip for TV box sales, nor add any support to the Software long-term, because Amlogic has already the cheap S905x2/S905x3/S905x4 that has more developer community support, and Amlogic is already superior chips for a TV box. The RK3566 is a chip best used for Linux systems like Single-Board-Computers. Maybe with the release of the Pine64 "Quartz64 Model B" SBC and some Time for development and developers to adopt the platform then maybe a Generic software image can be made with LibreELEC community help to use the chip in a STB. But even the SBC path seems like a "lose lose" situation because the chip is about the same performance as the chip in the Raspberry Pi 4 which has tons of support from Raspberry Pi developers and community.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      About 4k output.. No
                      Im on a 27" Samsung monitor 1080p ( goal is still to use unit as desktop PC ) ( email/docs/print with maybe dual screen? using displaylink )
                      - best to see YouTube reviews?
                      Hmm..why not test your self (on a friends or family 4k TV )

                      As for howto root...you need:
                      On rk3566 download lastest version of Magisk manager apk (XDA forum..read warning about android 11 )

                      On Windows pc
                      -Rockchip driver installer and RKdevTool
                      -you need the 4gb or the 8gb ram version boot.img (provided above)
                      -A USB A to USB A cable ( on freaktab there is a howto on diy/self making one or google 'diy usb a to usb a cable' )

                      1.Download "Driver Rockchip Driver Assistant " / extract zip file / find .exe / "right click" Run-as Admin and install driver
                      2.make a directory like C:/Install
                      3.place boot.img in c:/install then extract RKdevTool.zip to c:/install directory
                      4.Go to c:/install/RkdevTool directory / Right click "run-as admin" on RKDevTool.exe
                      5.Take all cables out of the RK3566 box.
                      6.Hold the Reset button on rk3566 and then connect box to PC using ''USB A Cable'' to USB2.0 port of RK3566 - Let go of Reset after a second
                      (unit should give blue light and front display says "boot" ( if it shows "current time" try again )
                      7.RKDevTool should now say "Found One Loader Device"
                      8.Click Dev Partition - This will give you the Partitions and addresses (inside right panel)
                      Look at right panel...It should state : Boot 0x0000c800 (might diver on 4gb version? )
                      9.Left pane shows ''Loader'' highlighted in Green - Unselect it
                      10.Right click on Green line - New Line make it look like :
                      #1 0x00000000 loader
                      #2 ? 0x0000C800 boot c:/install/boot.img
                      11.Hit Run Button to flash (right pane changes.. and you see it flashing the img file )
                      12.First boot...blue light..."boot" then "time" on display..let it run while..say 15min
                      13.Disconnected Flash cable..
                      14.Connect everthing again (hdmi cable from TV / power adaptor / ect )
                      Boot the box up and install Magisk Manager.
                      When accessing Magisk Manager, there seems to be a bug saying another su is detected. Ignore this and root works fine with all apps

                      Thats it... I think
                      Cheers
                      Last edited by mitchell4you; 05-12-2021, 23:31.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

                        Wait another 6-8 months or more and see if anybody will give some extra support to the chip, like maybe LibreELEC; but I don't think any big manufactures (Beelink, Minix, Ugoos) will be using this chip for TV box sales, nor add any support to the Software long-term, because Amlogic has already the cheap S905x2/S905x3/S905x4 that has more developer community support, and Amlogic is already superior chips for a TV box. The RK3566 is a chip best used for Linux systems like Single-Board-Computers. Maybe with the release of the Pine64 "Quartz64 Model B" SBC and some Time for development and developers to adopt the platform then maybe a Generic software image can be made with LibreELEC community help to use the chip in a STB. But even the SBC path seems like a "lose lose" situation because the chip is about the same performance as the chip in the Raspberry Pi 4 which has tons of support from Raspberry Pi developers and community.
                        Hi thanks detailed info+

                        and totally correct
                        therefore in the past I'v been used many of "RK3399" devices as well and same stories too
                        and seems that this time another disappontment situation for the RK3566 devices!

                        now,at least I forget it this chip for a long time!

                        my Box on the way fm Bang.(905X4 F4 from A95X Brand) will see it soon

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
                          About 4k output.. No
                          Im on a 27" Samsung monitor 1080p ( goal is still to use unit as desktop PC ) ( email/docs/print with maybe dual screen? using displaylink )
                          - best to see YouTube reviews?
                          Hmm..why not test your self (on a friends or family 4k TV )
                          I don't have the option on my 4K TV, I read from one seller that a soldering issue on a certain batch was the cause.

                          Wondering if anyone else has the problem.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Boxput Official have confirmed early batch of H96 Max have a hardware fault that does not allow 4K HDMI output. The boxes are faulty on this specific batch.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              so in this respect,such as we have to check/test etc., and have to know all facilities with this new RK3566 on the all Brand devices

                              why manufacturers/official sellers send to the sample Boxes for example "FREAKTAB"???
                              we have here some of very clever users and they have to send it this Boxes to us!

                              ++

                              ...H96 Max have a hardware fault that does not allow 4K HDMI output....
                              are you kidding WTF

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
                                so in this respect,such as we have to check/test etc., and have to know all facilities with this new RK3566 on the all Brand devices

                                why manufacturers/official sellers send to the sample Boxes for example "FREAKTAB"???
                                we have here some of very clever users and they have to send it this Boxes to us!

                                ++

                                ...H96 Max have a hardware fault that does not allow 4K HDMI output....
                                are you kidding WTF
                                How on earth can a device ship with such a big problem?
                                Every device sold in the last few years support 4K, what did these manufacturers do, replace the default 4K HDMI port with a 1080p one to save costs and forgot?
                                Users are only beta testers for the H** and T** devices and these sellers know it's too expensive for buyers to send the devices back.
                                How will users know when the faulty batches run out and is not sold anymore by Banggood, Gearbest, Geekbuying, Aliexpress etc?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X