Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shenery
    replied
    Has anyone had any problems with USB Ethernet adapters on the um2? Mine was working perfect until I upgraded to the latest version. Now it works for 2 mins and then no internet. When I take out the Ethernet cable and put it back in it works again for 2 mins then cuts out. Can anyone test to see if it works for them?

Thanks
    Steven

Leave a comment:

• farzit
    replied
    Well I didn't get it closer to the router, and have been using the UM2 that way for...2 years I think
    The only thing's that has changed is that I updated the firmware to 1.1.3

Anyway, there must be a bug, for the moment I found an adapter to hook it up with ethernet

Leave a comment:

• flhthemi
    replied
    Originally posted by farzit View Post
    Are some of you getting serious problems with wifi on the UM2 with the 1.1.3 version ?
    The wifi signal is excellent as the UM2 is just besides my router but no matter the application, I seem to have nearly no internet
    Too close might be the problem...you may also be getting RFI from some other devices that are wireless and not wifi. Like cordless phones, baby room monitors and etc. Could also be other wifi networks in the area are on the same wifi channel as your router.

But if you're that close why not hook it up on a cat5 cable?

Leave a comment:

• farzit
    replied
    Are some of you getting serious problems with wifi on the UM2 with the 1.1.3 version ?
    The wifi signal is excellent as the UM2 is just besides my router but no matter the application, I seem to have nearly no internet

Leave a comment:

• Beonico
    replied
    Thanks, will do that, no problem.
    Was just curious as 15.0 was announced and in the release list of Ava.

Leave a comment:

• flhthemi
    replied
    You may as well either go to the google play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bmc.kodi&hl=en) or Kodi's download site (http://kodi.tv/download/) and get Kodi 15.2. It has bug fixes. You can update it without having to uninstall 14.xx if you've already set it up. I'm sure Ugoos only included 14.XX as an option because 15.2RC1 wasn't available. Works just fine on my UT2 with the latest update to the FW.

Leave a comment:

• Beonico
    replied
    Hi Ava,

I don't use Kodi on a regular basis, but today I used it and was surprised it mentioned version 14.2.

As I updated by OTA to your 1.1.3, I was expecting version 15.0 of Kodi. Did I do something wrong ? (UT1, 8GB)
    Updated: 1.Kodi was updated to version 15.0

Leave a comment:

• flhthemi
    replied
    Kodi by default settings will go in to screen saving mode. After 3 minutes screen will dim. Could that be what is happening?

Leave a comment:

• blackc0der
    replied
    well i change today the power supply.i also flash around 20 and more ut1 and ut2 devices
    the think sometimes it stucks on boot sometimes it get in fast
    but the big problem when i run kodi after 5-7 min it goes like stand by
    i dont know if the problem is the board

Leave a comment:

• flhthemi
    replied
    On my UT2 Isaw antutu over 22,000, think it was 24,587. This was with the new 1.1.3 on UT2 that has a RK3188T.

Leave a comment:

• LX+R
    replied
    Originally posted by blackc0der View Post
    well my friend i used also wasser rom.the problem is that when i power on the machine both machines it takes too long time to get in the box.then i update to the last original firm and the same problem when it power up also when i run kodi it power off the machine or something like stand by.i flash again to wasser but same issues.when u flash u restore and not upgrade correct;

I own a Ugoos UT1 and until the new official ROMs came out I used the wasser-ROM 1.0.4. for the K-R42, because wasser stopped at version 1.0.3 for the UT1. The bootup time has increased significantly since I implemented the bluetooth mod by Bionicman. Kodi 15.1 and my other apps run flawlessly on both ROMs. The wasser-ROM is heavily tweaked, so IMHHO there is still potential for the new official ROMs. Regarding Antutu scores I seem to remember that they were notably higher on the wasser-ROM (over 20000 vs 16142 Pts on 1.1.3). Can somebody confirm this?

Leave a comment:

• flhthemi
    replied
    well my friend i used also wasser rom.the problem is that when i power on the machine both machines it takes too long time to get in the box.then i update to the last original firm and the same problem when it power up also when i run kodi it power off the machine or something like stand by.i flash again to wasser but same issues.when u flash u restore and not upgrade correct;
    I am NOT an Android expert by any means. When I changed my UT2 from Wasser ROM I followed the instructions included with the Ugoos UT2 update zip file (Ugoos_flashing_guide.pdf).
    Make sure the power supplies you are using are at least rated for 2 amps output. The description of the problem you are having sounds very much like others I have read that had power supplies that were not proper or were defective. Still it is strange that this is happening on both a UT2 and a UT1. My UT2 takes about 45 seconds to boot to Home screen on the V1.1.3 firmware. Kodi 15.1 runs just fine on it though I am not using the passthrough for 5.1 I am using HDMI for video/audio.

Maybe some app you have installed is the cause of the problems. When you flash the next time do not install any apps that are not needed by KODI. See if Kodi will work. If it does then install other apps one-at a-time. I have also read that after a ROM is flashed, you should do nothing for 15 minutes after if flashes as this gives the software access to all the memory and writes/reads that it needs to get settled in to the device.

I also am running in rooted mode which is an option in the settings (Settings>Ugoos Settings>Root/Unroot

Leave a comment:

• blackc0der
    replied

Leave a comment:

• flhthemi
    replied
    hi
    i have a ugoos ut1 and ut2
    i install both waaser last firm also both last android 4.4.2
    the problem is every time i run kodi 14.2 or 15 or 15.1 machines are reboot
    anything else i can run on both android boxes are working fine
    like spotify google chrome games and etc
    any suggestions thanks
    Flash these ROMs on your devices. Use the proper one for each device, of course. I use Kodi 15.1 on my UT2 with no issues, not even the android crash at start is there any longer. Wasser has a great ROM, I used it until these came out. Now my remote control even works!

Leave a comment:

• blackc0der
    replied
    hi
    i have a ugoos ut1 and ut2
    i install both waaser last firm also both last android 4.4.2
    the problem is every time i run kodi 14.2 or 15 or 15.1 machines are reboot
    anything else i can run on both android boxes are working fine
    like spotify google chrome games and etc
    any suggestions thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...