X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LX+R
    replied
    Originally posted by Vinny1967 View Post
    Last time I tried altering the build.prop I bricked my device :P .In the old firmware there was an option in the settings to hide the system bar.
    You have to be careful with some settings, that's true. But I think these two are not very dangerous. Any news on the ETA for the next version?

Leave a comment:

• Vinny1967
    replied
    Last time I tried altering the build.prop I bricked my device :P .In the old firmware there was an option in the settings to hide the system bar.

Leave a comment:

• LX+R
    replied
    Installed firmware on my UT1 and it's working fine.Only thing that's annoying is the system bar at the bottom doesn't stay hidden after reboot.Is there a way to keep it hidden ?
    Try playing around with these build.prop settings:

ro.show.navigationbar=yes
    qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Leave a comment:

• LX+R
    replied
    Installed firmware on my UT1 and it's working fine.Only thing that's annoying is the system bar at the bottom doesn't stay hidden after reboot.Is there a way to keep it hidden ?
    I think it is just a build.prop entry, something like "systembar=hidden". Google should be your friend.

Ava: Is there an ETA for the next version? Can someone confirm that USB On-the-Go is not working on this ROM? Where are the Mappings for the Remote located, so they can be extracted to use them with another ROM?
    Last edited by LX+R; 05-21-2015, 06:22.

Leave a comment:

• Vinny1967
    replied

Leave a comment:

• arcsmurf
    replied
    Finally got round to updating UM2 at the weekend - OTA up[date worked like a charm - but am guessing will need to do a full flash to get the new partition size for apps :-)
    So far everything I use (Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Kodi) seems to work ok, however Kodi is still shows as version 14.1

Leave a comment:

• flhthemi
    replied
    Noticed that "tchip remote control server" is trying to be accessed by my PS3 as a DLNA server and gets a 720 error from PS3. This is quite annoying when you're playing a game or movie on the PS3 and the error message keeps appearing on the PS3. Is this app for the factory remote control or for some kind of adaption for a PS3 joystick/game pad?

No way in the app manager to disable it but I did force stop it and the errors from the PS3 stopped until it started running on the UT2 again....this is a real problem as I have 2 UT2s and these error messages from PS3 are getting in the way.

Leave a comment:

• n_ways
    replied
    Thank you!!! I´ve installed OTA (first try fails, I think due to all modifications I do in 1.1.0, but after a new flash of 1.1.0 OTA works great) and now reconfiguring my apps. Until now everything looks great. Just after install screen was flicking, but after a time it appears to stop.
    Good job!

Leave a comment:

• flhthemi
    replied
    Originally posted by LX+R View Post

You got the wrong end of the stick, pal. I own a UGOOS UT1 which doesn't have a built-in bluetooth chipset. The last 2 years I tried to find a solution with an external usb bluetooth dongle, which finally worked 2 nights ago (There is a seperate thread for this) I just asked this question to decide whether I flash the new firmware 1.1.1 because this "add-on" only works with bluetooth visible in the settinsg menu. I think I'll take a pass on this one and wait for version 1.1.2 where hopefully the bluetooth menu is unhidden.
    I knew what you have (UT1)....YOU asked this question of me :"Is the bluetooth section available in the new firmware 1.1.1? ".

I gave you the answer....now you hold the other end of the stick for a while I'm tired!

Leave a comment:

• LX+R
    replied
    Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
    I don't answer PMs about things that should be asked/answered out in the forums. Not trying to be mean about it but I think the question you PMed me might interest and be of benefit to others here as well.

With that said, you asked me if Bluetooth options are available in V1.1.1. Yes they are! I just paired a BT speaker to the UT2 and it worked. Sound is ~slightly delayed but not bad. In Kodi you could adjust the delay and be fine IF it bothered you.
    You got the wrong end of the stick, pal. I own a UGOOS UT1 which doesn't have a built-in bluetooth chipset. The last 2 years I tried to find a solution with an external usb bluetooth dongle, which finally worked 2 nights ago (There is a seperate thread for this) I just asked this question to decide whether I flash the new firmware 1.1.1 because this "add-on" only works with bluetooth visible in the settinsg menu. I think I'll take a pass on this one and wait for version 1.1.2 where hopefully the bluetooth menu is unhidden.

Leave a comment:

• flhthemi
    replied
    This morning I took the OTA from v1.1.0 to V1.1.1. Update was very quick and problem free. Great job! My UT2 finally has a working remote control again!! The extra option of obtaining root works very well. I choose "Silent Mode" and now have root. Easy one click root! I have two UT2 boxes. One of them came to me with the RK3188T chip. This is the box I have installed the V1.1.1 FW on and it works fine so far on it. So now I will update the other UT2 with V1.1.1. Incidentally, mapping the BLUE button to start Kodi was a brilliant idea!

Thanks so much for finally giving some attention to the UT2! Looking forward to V1.1.2 with fixed static IP!

LX+R

I don't answer PMs about things that should be asked/answered out in the forums. Not trying to be mean about it but I think the question you PMed me might interest and be of benefit to others here as well.

With that said, you asked me if Bluetooth options are available in V1.1.1. Yes they are! I just paired a BT speaker to the UT2 and it worked. Sound is ~slightly delayed but not bad. In Kodi you could adjust the delay and be fine IF it bothered you.

Last edited by flhthemi; 05-07-2015, 13:46.

Leave a comment:

• LX+R
    replied
    Originally posted by Ava View Post
    No, in 1.1.1 Bluetooth settings hidden on UT1 . You solved your problem with adb?
    I could try and flash the firmware for the UT2 and reflash the Kernel for the UT1. Could you post a link including the new kernel from version 1.1.1.? I will test ADB afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• Beonico
    replied
    Sorry for the inconvenience of the past. Please try using new firmware... I think problem was solved.
    For me is very important your review.
    Ava, Thanx !!. Now I was able to install V1.1.1 on my Ugoos UT1 and it works.
    The system information in the system bar and the power menu is handy.
    The comming days I will check the stability with other app's.
    Thanks for the good job.

Leave a comment:

• Ava
    replied
    Originally posted by LX+R View Post
    Thank you for the new link. Is the bluetooth section in settings visible/available? Otherwise I can't add the bluetooth function.
    No, in 1.1.1 Bluetooth settings hidden on UT1 . You solved your problem with adb?

Now OTA Updates available for download.
    We know about wrong size value of the package in the message about new available updates. It is not critical bug, and this mistake on our server. Dont worry about this. Updates should installed without any problems.
    Size of OTA package from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 ~90 mb.
    Size of OTA package from 1.0.0 to 1.1.1 ~460 mb.

Thanks for all the help in creating firmware!

Leave a comment:

• LX+R
    replied
    Sorry, i dont know why link is broken.. Please try from here: link
    Thanks for you solution, may be i will integrate this in the next version of firmware.

first post was update..
    Thank you for the new link. Is the bluetooth section in settings visible/available? Otherwise I can't add the bluetooth function.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X