This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by derf View Post
    I want to backup my Zidoo before I try lollipop, but when I try to use Mo123 backup it says device not found. I installed both of his programs, I bring up android backup tool and use the paper clip but keep getting a menu that says press esc and menu to reboot, and no device found. Can someone who has backed this box up give me a hand please?

You can also use this to backup

User Zahir & natzen successafully backup up their devices with the tools posted, so maybe they can help.

You connect a male to male USB cable to device and PC.
    You hold a paperclip in the recovery/reset hole.
    Then connect power to device while still holding in the paperclip.
    Release paperclip after 5 seconds.
    You should also install the drivers with DriverTool v4.3, can be downloaded from Tronsmart's website.

Then disconnect and reconnect following all the steps again after installing the drivers.

Comment

Thanks for the link, Zahir. I wood not care, But its just taken my about 2 & half hours to set up Ivue tv on kodi, Im going to have to start all over again. HAha.

Comment

derf, before using any backup program with your Zidoo, make sure you have a copy of the last OTA ZIP file handy. (1.016). You may well need to resort to it when it comes to restoring your original Zidoo firmware. Those backup restores don't always work straightforwardly.

Comment

Hi All,

I finally got my x6 cleared through danish customs. In the end the administration fee was larger than the actual import fee. But that is danish bureaucracy for you.

My first problem is: How do I select hdmi passthrough?

I see spdif passthrough in the options, but why is is not possible to use hdmi passthrough. My receiver has optical, so I suppose I could use that, but would prefer a single cable.

Thanks,
          Jesper

Comment

Go to settings in the launcher menu. Go to sound and then to audio output and set to hdmi. Then start Kodi, go to systems, click down to system, then click on system to change it to expert, go up to audio output and enable passthrough etc.

Comment

Please test Kodi with new Mediacodec Surface video acceleration
              http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/a...rmeabi-v7a.apk

Test
              - Video playback 1080p, 4k
              - Passthrough, HD Audio(enable more speakers and HD Audio in Kodi settings, also HDMI Bitstream in Android settings)
              - Audio in sync, out of sync
              Is official Kodi now finally working fully on RK3368 devices or are there still problems
              eg. no passthrough, hd audio not working, audio out of sync?

(I know Zidoo Kodi has 3D and other nice features, but want someone to test just the basics and compare)

Comment

Originally posted by derf View Post
                Go to settings in the launcher menu. Go to sound and then to audio output and set to hdmi. Then start Kodi, go to systems, click down to system, then click on system to change it to expert, go up to audio output and enable passthrough etc.
                Hi Derf,
                In the setup there is a "sound and notifications" and in that an "audio output" option, but that only contains PCM, SPDIF Passthrough, HDMI Bitstream. There is no HDMI option.

Could you please elaborate your guide.

Comment

Originally posted by jesper View Post

Hi Derf,
                  In the setup there is a "sound and notifications" and in that an "audio output" option, but that only contains PCM, SPDIF Passthrough, HDMI Bitstream. There is no HDMI option.

Could you please elaborate your guide.
                  HDMI bitstream is HDMI passthrough

Comment

Light os on ZIDOO X6 coming soon(Dual system switch)

ZIDOO X6 will support Light OS and Android 5.1 dual system easily switch
                    You will also get a Biz mini pc, and a best media center
                    Light OS is a light biz office system,support Microsoft office Suite

More: At the Zidoo Forum
                    Cheers
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

hi guys, i need a help i have zidoo x6, but it won't play bitstream audio only .wav(dts 5.1), .Ac3(5.1). i tried both stock music player and kodi aswell.
                      also video file mkv with ac3 5.1 alsonot working only "hissssssssssssss" sound only come.
                      plz help me guys.
                      thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by arun555 View Post
                        hi guys, i need a help i have zidoo x6, but it won't play bitstream audio only .wav(dts 5.1), .Ac3(5.1). i tried both stock music player and kodi aswell.
                        also video file mkv with ac3 5.1 alsonot working only "hissssssssssssss" sound only come.
                        plz help me guys.
                        thanks.
                        please switch audio output to "spdif passthrou" or "hdmi bitstream" in android setting

Comment

thanks zidoo.
                          already tried but not working.

Comment

Check out post #245. Did you do all that?

Comment

This thread has gone a bit quiet. I am about to receive my box today, really looking forward to it

Comment

Originally posted by kmunir View Post
                                This thread has gone a bit quiet. I am about to receive my box today, really looking forward to it

I think you will find that Zidoo and and the testers are working on updates can be a slow process,
                                Mine is currently running about 16 hours a day, bit of a torture test, monitoring 3 WIFI camera's, streaming music.
                                Not getting heavy use, reliable no hiccups.
                                Cheers

treboR
                                Please consider
                                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                                X