Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working VNC server that supports mouse clicks

Hello all,

I recently got a MK908II TV Player as a christmas present. I used the stuff from this great forum to get rid of all the bugs that the vendor did not solve (e.g., video sync fix, bluetooth MAC fix, ...). One thing I could not find a solution for was a working VNC server. All the ones from the Play Store did show the screen correctly, but mouse input was not possible. So I solved it by myself.

It seems that Rockchip and/or Tronsmart changed the input system in a way that it does not react to touch events through the uinput device correctly. All the VNC servers use the uinput device to emit key and touch events. I solved it by injecting the touch events directly through the Android API.

Please find my solution attached. It consist of the androidvncserver binary that needs to be started in a console. The binary requires an extended version of Android's built-in input command. It is called by androidvncserver and acts as an event injection server. Installation instructions are included.

One odd thing that remains unsolved: Every once in a while the WLAN driver of my MK908II looses connection. It seems that the traffic caused by the VNC server triggers a bug in the driver. It's not a big issue: The box automatically re-connects to the WLAN. Only the vnc connection needs to be re-established.I used Finless' ROM V1.5a for MK908II.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Bye

grueni75
    Attached Files

Yes!

Okay, thank you so much for this. It worked for me, i followed the directions, and after that i did like this:

1. Right clicked the androidvncserver in es file explorer. Checked all permission boxes.
    2. Typed su and enter
    3. Typed androidvncserver and enter
    Then it was running and is working like a charm.
    Last edited by morfarj; 01-09-2014, 17:32. Reason: i answered my own question

Comment

Question

Does this replace another VNC server or does it work with another VNC server?

Thank You...Brad

Comment

Originally posted by BP-isMe View Post
        Does this replace another VNC server or does it work with another VNC server?

Thank You...Brad
        I uninstalled other vnc servers before i installed this one. But if you already have a fully working vnc server i wouldnt bother installing this one if i were you.

Comment

I do have a VNC server

I do have a VNC server and it works well except it has the input issue that this one fixes. I may also post a comment to the developer of the server that I am currently using about the issue.

I appreciate that grueni75 took the time to find the problem and post a fix.

Brad

Comment

I do have a VNC server and it works well except it has the input issue that this one fixes. I may also post a comment to the developer of the server that I am currently using about the issue.

I appreciate that grueni75 took the time to find the problem and post a fix.

Brad
            It is definitelt a device related issue with Uinput. All other Android devices i tried is working..

Comment

Start on Boot

Do you know of a way to start the server on boot without using Tasker?

Brad

Comment

Do you know of a way to start the server on boot without using Tasker?

Brad
                I have no idea, i'm a newbie with Android/linux.. But i'm sure the author og this thread van help. Please let me know if you find a solution..

Comment

Autostart server on boot

Originally posted by morfarj View Post
                  I have no idea, i'm a newbie with Android/linux.. But i'm sure the author og this thread van help. Please let me know if you find a solution..
                  This application is great! I do not know all the android, but I found a
                  simple solution to the Auto-boot.
                  1 - Download Boot Shell apk / free / and install.
                  2 - Add to the boot command:

su c androidvncserver -p [password]

(-p is not required if a password is not required)

3 - Save as boot command.
                  4 - Reboot

Comment

Working...
                  X