Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airplane mode app for pmid701c

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have a clue to where I can download a Airplane Mode Control app. I would like to be able
    to put the app on a SD card and install it that way. I have tried to download directly from Getjar with the tablet, but no luck. Site says there are 4 or 5 of them, but when I click on download, nothing ever happens. I get the progress bar but it never does anything.

I am just a user and not really into hacking things, but sure would like to figure this out. My battery
    meter says 81% of my use is by the cell part of the system. This seems like a total waste.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sam

Auto Airplane Mode

I downloaded Auto Airplane Mode apk from the app store. Its on the Amazon store as well as Play, and it is free. It largely cures the problem of loosing WiFi after the tablet goes to sleep. It does a good job of automatically putting the WiFi into ariplane mode when the tablet goes into sleep mode. Then it automatically turns the WiFi back on when you wake the tablet up. So far it works about 97% of the time - every once in a while it doesn't get the WiFi back on, but I am not sure why. Its a great improvement, though, and has made the Tablet usable and and meant that I didn't have to return it. BTW, if you download an app and don't know where it is, usually it will download an apk file to your Download directory. Just use the file browser to find it, and then just by tapping on it the apk will run and install the app you have downloaded.

Originally posted by esl1885 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Does anyone have a clue to where I can download a Airplane Mode Control app. I would like to be able
    to put the app on a SD card and install it that way. I have tried to download directly from Getjar with the tablet, but no luck. Site says there are 4 or 5 of them, but when I click on download, nothing ever happens. I get the progress bar but it never does anything.

I am just a user and not really into hacking things, but sure would like to figure this out. My battery
    meter says 81% of my use is by the cell part of the system. This seems like a total waste.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sam

Comment

I checked Amazon App Store and came up with a blank.

Sam

Originally posted by db8max View Post
      I downloaded Auto Airplane Mode apk from the app store. Its on the Amazon store as well as Play, and it is free. It largely cures the problem of loosing WiFi after the tablet goes to sleep. It does a good job of automatically putting the WiFi into ariplane mode when the tablet goes into sleep mode. Then it automatically turns the WiFi back on when you wake the tablet up. So far it works about 97% of the time - every once in a while it doesn't get the WiFi back on, but I am not sure why. Its a great improvement, though, and has made the Tablet usable and and meant that I didn't have to return it. BTW, if you download an app and don't know where it is, usually it will download an apk file to your Download directory. Just use the file browser to find it, and then just by tapping on it the apk will run and install the app you have downloaded.

Comment

Try Play Store

Its possible that I got it at the Play store, then. Twiddled with my Tab as per a post on this site and installed the Play store, but it wasn't fully functional and didn't include the other Google Apps. But I have since gone through that process and now have the fully blown Play Store and apps on my Tab. If you don't want to get the Play app running first (as per another thread here,) try going to this url using your browser on the Tablet. It has an install button for downloading the app. I found it by doing a Google search on the terms "auto airplane mode apk" You know, you can find a lot of useful things searching Google!

www.appbrain.com/app/auto-airplane-mode/com.blogspot.donkun3.autoairplane

Comment

When I try to use these places, they all tell me my device cant be used or some sort of message .
          But, I did find a website that will let you download the apps to your computer and install them
          with the SD card. It's called 1mobile market and you can download their app to install their
          own marketplace on your tablet or download directly to your computer.

Thanks for all the suggestions,

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by esl1885 View Post
            When I try to use these places, they all tell me my device cant be used or some sort of message .
            But, I did find a website that will let you download the apps to your computer and install them
            with the SD card. It's called 1mobile market and you can download their app to install their
            own marketplace on your tablet or download directly to your computer.

Thanks for all the suggestions,

Sam
            Hey Sam,
            Thanks for the heads up for 1mobile market. Perfect for those that need access to free apps but don't willing/able to hack their tablet to install Google's Play Store.
            Jim

Comment

Working...
            X