Bluetimes MX5 custom firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetimes MX5 custom firmware

Does something like this existing somewhere? I couldn't find it here...

Yes, there's some custom roms on androidpc.es for this box. I'm actually working on a custom rom with Daemonium as DualKiT Team.
    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Thank you for buying me a beer

Comment

Thanks, I saw there's something called "Dharmageddon 2". Hope this firmware is something similar to Finless products like the one for. f.i. Prometheus.

Unfortunately, I don't speak Spanish, so this is a problem...

In the meantime I successfully bricked my Bluetimes without success in un-bricking it. I tried with the pin method described on spanish forum, but no luck. 5 blue blinks is all I can get, and after that blue light stays on, but without any picture on TV.

Maybe you have a solution in un-bricking that device?

Comment

Currently only know these methods:

the first by short circuit pins

and the second using a sd card

I hope you get lucky

language is not a problem having google translate
        There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Thank you for buying me a beer

Comment

Originally posted by litry View Post

I've already tried both methods (in second I was using 3rd method - which works with win7) without success.

Comment

Originally posted by dankec View Post
            I've already tried both methods (in second I was using 3rd method - which works with win7) without success.
            It sounds very bad, how did you brick your box? Maybe you didn't bricked it, we've seen some of this boxes get bricked due to a bad quality nand.
            Do you have any usb to ttl interface?

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

That board is like the Jynxbox HD I have that I bricked.
              I tried shorting those 2 pins on the little chip next to the NAND chip and that did not work for me either.

Then I went directly to the NAND chip.

Look at the chip and you will see a little dot in the corner. This is pin 1.

Now for this chip count up from the bottom of that pin row (not from pin 1). Count up from the bottom to pin 7&8. It's not really pin 7&8 as that would be counting from the dot down. I did not cound down from pin one as that was too hard so I counted up

Anyway short those 2 pins and hold them shorted while you plug the power in. Also if you box has a reset button as well, you need to hold that down too!!! Make sure you have made a recovery SDcard using make sdcard tool. FYI first I tried a 2gb card I had and it didn't work. I went to a 16GB card and that worked.

This worked for me.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
                It sounds very bad, how did you brick your box? Maybe you didn't bricked it, we've seen some of this boxes get bricked due to a bad quality nand.
                Do you have any usb to ttl interface?
                Box was working fine. I left it open for 3 hours and when I've returned home it was dead. Until then I cannot switch it on anymore, just blue blinks when keep pressing power button and constant blue light when I release it.

I don't have usb 2 ttl cable, but if there's a possibility to unbrick it this way I will find one.

Have you tried this method by yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  That board is like the Jynxbox HD I have that I bricked.
                  I tried shorting those 2 pins on the little chip next to the NAND chip and that did not work for me either.

Then I went directly to the NAND chip.

Look at the chip and you will see a little dot in the corner. This is pin 1.

Now for this chip count up from the bottom of that pin row (not from pin 1). Count up from the bottom to pin 7&8. It's not really pin 7&8 as that would be counting from the dot down. I did not cound down from pin one as that was too hard so I counted up

Anyway short those 2 pins and hold them shorted while you plug the power in. Also if you box has a reset button as well, you need to hold that down too!!! Make sure you have made a recovery SDcard using make sdcard tool. FYI first I tried a 2gb card I had and it didn't work. I went to a 16GB card and that worked.

This worked for me.

Bob
                  Got it! To be 100% sure here's Bluetimes MX5 picture. Could you mark approximate position of pins 7&8?

Comment

Nevermind, I tried to short 7&8 from bottom, up, and the other side (bottom & up). Also 8&9 from both and 5&6 from the other side.

Bluetimes don't have a reset switch so it's not so hard to keep pins shorten together with giving them power...

I used 1gb, 8gb and 16gb sd card made with SDcardmaker and 2 original and 1 custom firmware (Dharmageddon)...

NO LUCK! Box is dead.

Unfortunately, I don't have winXP to try some other procedure for SD card making, but I could try with some other pins...

Wish I have SD card for which I could be 100% sure that it's ok and working.

Anyway, thank you all for your help!
                    Last edited by dankec; 01-23-2014, 19:35.

Comment

Bummer... sorry to hear that but I have bricked all 4 of my AML devices and shorting NAND with a proper SDcard weith a CORRECT version of u-boot.bin on it has always worked.

Oh and you also need to add a recovery to the card at a minimum. Again the stock recovery should work.
                      BUT you need to possibly put it on there twice depending on what your u-boot is looking for.

Please mine the capital letters!

recovery.img
                      then copy recovery again as
                      uImage_recovery

u-boot may look for one of these 2 names.

Then you may also need the boot image as well.
                      boot.img and copy it again as
                      uImage

Try that please.

Bob

Comment

Bob, here's what I have on SD card:

So, there's no "uImage_recovery" nor "recovery.img" but the third option "uImage_recovery-m6" and also no sign of boot image at all.
                        All standard bluetimes firmwares looks like that, and I don't know if there's a special recovery firmware, made for this purpose only.
                        Last edited by dankec; 01-24-2014, 07:56.

Comment

if the box died alone without interacting with it then probably we are facing a hardware fail and not a software brick.
                          i'm not sure the sdcard trick will work. Well, it will not kill the box since it's already dead.
                          it's just my opinion :P

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by dankec View Post
                            Bob, here's what I have on SD card:

So, there's no "uImage_recovery" nor "recovery.img" but the third option "uImage_recovery-m6" and also no sign of boot image at all.
                            All standard bluetimes firmwares looks like that, and I don't know if there's a special recovery firmware, made for this purpose only.
                            I would try removing the -m6 and make the file names exactly what I said.
                            You have to have a boot.img Open up that zip file and see if it is in there.

Bob

Comment

i will upload the needed files for you

Comment

Working...
                              X