Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UG007B - Custom firmware and how to create backup

Hi,
    I ordered a new ug007B from amazon. Tried searching the internet but am not able to find much for this device. Can someone help me tap into the resources for UG007B, like custom roms, How to backup the stock firmware before modifying, How to restore, tutorials.. etc

Also heard that these devices can be controlled by some app installed on an android phone. Can someone point me to that.

The prime purpose I bought it for is to run XBMC. Can someone share their experiences and suggestions.

Thanks
    gaya

Originally posted by rinkugaya View Post
    Hi,
    I ordered a new ug007B from amazon. Tried searching the internet but am not able to find much for this device. Can someone help me tap into the resources for UG007B, like custom roms, How to backup the stock firmware before modifying, How to restore, tutorials.. etc

Also heard that these devices can be controlled by some app installed on an android phone. Can someone point me to that.

The prime purpose I bought it for is to run XBMC. Can someone share their experiences and suggestions.

Thanks
    gaya
    Hi I've got the same model. Have a look at neomods roms in mk models section the 1.9a rom works for me. Regarding the remote have a look in the play store for RKremotecontrol.
    Thanks jimbo

Comment

Originally posted by Nationaljimbo View Post
      Hi I've got the same model. Have a look at neomods roms in mk models section the 1.9a rom works for me. Regarding the remote have a look in the play store for RKremotecontrol.
      Thanks jimbo
      Thanks Nationaljimbo... This is my first TV stick.. I see neomod released rom model 2.0 yesterday, maybe should try that..can you also point me to some steps or tutorials on how to flash custom roms to TV sticks. From an understanding of my level perspective I have flashed roms to android tablets like HP touchpad.

Comment

Have a look at this http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...H-A-CUSTOM-ROM read all the post
        I only got my stick a few month ago and found everything I needed on freaktab. Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Nationaljimbo View Post
          Have a look at this http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...H-A-CUSTOM-ROM read all the post
          I only got my stick a few month ago and found everything I needed on freaktab. Have fun.

Thanks.. very helpfull. Will get back if I need more info. Meanwhile if you update to Neomod ver 2.0 please update the post with your experience.
          Last edited by rinkugaya; 01-13-2014, 21:40.

Comment

Working...
          X