Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop Game Controller From Affecting Launcher, home button action etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Game Controller From Affecting Launcher, home button action etc?

This is annoying and screwing up some games. I do not want my 360 controller navigating launcher apps and being as a home button, exiting games and frustrating stuff like that.

Any way to fix this?

Strange

Originally posted by relaxxxrrr View Post
    This is annoying and screwing up some games. I do not want my 360 controller navigating launcher apps and being as a home button, exiting games and frustrating stuff like that.

Any way to fix this?
    Is the controller already working correctly in games? As if you mean the button presses do the opposite to what they are expected or differently to expected,then it is likely not detecting the reciever properly and applying the settings right,that applies obviously to a wireless 360 controller though,as i had that,but plugging in a wired 360 controller and then the reciever after that mapped it all correctly,it was on a K-R42 android tv box though.Otherwise you must mean you need to disable some of the functions of the controller basically,so for that you'd want to type that in google and sift through responses pertaining to it in google really,as it sounds a very niche request to be honest.But some dev could probably manipulate some kind of config file text somewhere to make that happen i am assuming?

I know it sounds weird but if you do not have a wired 360 controller borrow it get the dead trigger game installed and then add the wired 360 gamepad to the tv box or whatever it is your using on android,or if it is wired still do the same regardless as explained thus far,once in game start your game so it's playing then try the controlls,if it fails to work close your game down and unplug the controller while at the desktop screen of the android device (tv box/tablet etc) then try navigating the menu with the gamepad,you should notice it do as it's told and what you tell it to do now,if not unplug it and try it all again a second time.If it is navigating correctly restart a game in dead trigger and test it out,then map controlls to buttons as you want them in game from the games settings menu and play,it should then work as is supposed to,if you don't like the controlls but it plays dead trigger as told via the gamepad then the gamepad and mapping in android is fine,If your using a wireless reciever at this stage you can go to the main screen disconnect the wired 360 controller and add the wireless reciever and should work in dead trigger if not repeat the process multiple times until it does work,but if your trying say 5 times or more times and no luck then i can't assist further sorry.If it's working ingame fine but not as you want for everything else then you will probably need help from a developer or someone experienced enough to modify some configuration file of some description accordingly to do as you want it to in terms of behaviour,that's where my expertise ends in relation to it all lol.Good luck mate.
    Last edited by PHYSC; 03-24-2014, 00:12.
    What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

Dead trigger works fine. The problem is some other games don't work so great. They don't seem to block the launcher control. When you plug the 360 controller in, it controls the launcher desktop; the stick selects icons, button Y launches icons, button A goes back... I think something else is the home... When Dead trigger loads it stops the controller from affecting the launcher and there is no problem, A button no longer goes back etc... Some games don't stop this from happening and therefore the controller doesn't function right in the game.

I had this happen with a few games where there's a button conflict and button A or B exits the game back to launcher home. The only one I can think of at the moment is Angry Birds Go, You can steer with the stick but if you hit A or B the android pops back to home screen and not only that the launcher remembers the stick movements in some kind of cache and icon highlights are flying all over the place and launching random apps. If I could turn off the function of the controller navigating the launcher then I don't think this conflict will happen and mess up certain games.
      Last edited by relaxxxrrr; 03-30-2014, 12:40.

Comment

POSS VIRUS?

Dead trigger works fine. The problem is some other games don't work so great. They don't seem to block the launcher control. When you plug the 360 controller in, it controls the launcher desktop; the stick selects icons, button Y launches icons, button A goes back... I think something else is the home... When Dead trigger loads it stops the controller from affecting the launcher and there is no problem, A button no longer goes back etc... Some games don't stop this from happening and therefore the controller doesn't function right in the game.

I had this happen with a few games where there's a button conflict and button A or B exits the game back to launcher home. The only one I can think of at the moment is Angry Birds Go, You can steer with the stick but if you hit A or B the android pops back to home screen and not only that the launcher remembers the stick movements in some kind of cache and icon highlights are flying all over the place and launching random apps. If I could turn off the function of the controller navigating the launcher then I don't think this conflict will happen and mess up certain games.
        Right sorry for slow response,any way it sounds so far fetched stating it is a virus causing some of the miss-behaviour,but try qihoo 360 security download from play store and run it,get the virus scan running wait till it says no network (means it completed the scan) ,it means it just quick scanned though so just click ok,then you'll see a circular icon top right corner of the open screen, click on that and a full scan will commence after no network or network error appears click ok it's scanned now and done,if you find vulnerabilities and malware just allow to fix all message or ok on it,it should repair any faults if you have them,let me know what they are though if it does please.You see i have never had that behaviour regardless of game or ontroller,yes some actions may be from specific game input config files but how it makes things do as they please sounds a bit dubious to me? Also clear all caches to all things you use just don't clear data.Then use the 360 security app as i explained to use it.Tell me what it finds please if anything? I simply want to discount a threat being the root of some of the issues,this narrows down what is causing the problems and shows that the device is clean of infections mate.

Tere seem to be some seriously nasty little apps getting in via auto installs etc,and also redirects are popping up on webpages allowing dodgy apps to self load.Hence i think you should keep that 360 on it as i use it day in day out.It will cleanup from the little desktop circle stating a percentage click it then click the propeller icon to do a quick cleanup of the device.It's rated no.1 from what i find of reviews online on most i read anyway it is high in the lists of best security apps and it's the only one i know that has removed something from a android yet.

Comment

the rom is pretty new and clean. it found one vulnerability, fake sms or something. it didn't help the game any.

i also tried the "new" launcher, it's just garbage, keeps saying stuff isn't responding..

Comment

the rom is pretty new and clean. it found one vulnerability, fake sms or something. it didn't help the game any.

i also tried the "new" launcher, it's just garbage, keeps saying stuff isn't responding..
            Might be better asking the firmware maker and game maker then mate sorry i can't help more,in regards to that threat it hapoens on any device,apparently pertains to google play store.So at least it's not an infectious problem id is the cause.

Comment

ok

Might be better asking the firmware maker and game maker then mate sorry i can't help more,in regards to that threat it hapoens on any device,apparently pertains to google play store.So at least it's not an infectious problem that's the cause.

Comment

Working...
              X