Found a fix for finless 1.7,1.8 and quickshot rom and sixaxis app not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crashnet2000 View Post
    can this fix be applied on Quickshot v2 ?

I can´t get sixaxis app to work on neo x7 with Quickshot V2 rom, can´t pair the controller...

Thanks
    Have you paired your controller with a USB cable and did sixaxis apps gave you the message master address updated if you did it well sixaxis should ask for USB permission. After that you must disconnect the USB cable then you force stop the bluethoot share and it should work. I use quickshot ROM v2 with this fix and it works perfectly. You need to pair the Mac address of your controller only once.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewise View Post
      Have you paired your controller with a USB cable and did sixaxis apps gave you the message master address updated if you did it well sixaxis should ask for USB permission. After that you must disconnect the USB cable then you force stop the bluethoot share and it should work. I use quickshot ROM v2 with this fix and it works perfectly. You need to pair the Mac address of your controller only once.
      Got it to work now, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Crashnet2000 View Post
        Got it to work now, thanks

I' m very happy that you resolved your problem happy gaming! If we meet in shadowgun deadzone please don't shoot me in the back!!

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewise View Post
          I' m very happy that you resolved your problem happy gaming! If we meet in shadowgun deadzone please don't shoot me in the back!!

Sure I will... shoot

Comment

Use Titanium to "freeze"

Just posting some findings, I used titanium backup to "freeze" bluetooth share, and Sixaxis works on reboot. I can't imagine any other bluetooth options do, but this is the only one I am worried about.

Comment

giveup

man, sorry but i'd tried all of the method but still, no works for me,
              my device is neo x7 with quickshot v2 ROM too....
              does anyone have other solutions?

Comment

Originally posted by lucaxion View Post
                man, sorry but i'd tried all of the method but still, no works for me,
                my device is neo x7 with quickshot v2 ROM too....
                does anyone have other solutions?
                Maybe you can give some more details about what you have tried? For example, was sixaxis installed before you disabled/and or froze the bluetooth share APK?

You know if you freeze it with titanium, you have have to have the paid version of titanium backup? Maybe try to clear data on the sixaxis app, then uninstall. Then freeze the bluetooth share apk, reboot, check to make sure it's still frozen, then install sixaxis and try that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradleyw801 View Post
                  Maybe you can give some more details about what you have tried? For example, was sixaxis installed before you disabled/and or froze the bluetooth share APK?

You know if you freeze it with titanium, you have have to have the paid version of titanium backup? Maybe try to clear data on the sixaxis app, then uninstall. Then freeze the bluetooth share apk, reboot, check to make sure it's still frozen, then install sixaxis and try that.
                  i've tried the force stop with two ways :
                  1. with bluetooth set to on, i've paired the controller, disconnet it, then i forced stop the bluetooth share, back at sixaxis app, then i start... but not working
                  2. still with bluetooth set to on, i've paired the controller, disconnet it, press the start, then i forced stop the bluetooth share.... still not working

i'd tried with bluetooth set to off, but i think that'll not work,
                  coz i think the app need the bluetooth to pair with the controller, aaand the fact, not working that way too.

so it wrote "pair" not "pair controller" i dont know if this kind of different app or not, but on my gal-note it wrote "pair controller" and it work just fine without any other setting needed,
                  oh yeah one more thing, on my neo x7 after i press the start button on the app, it says :
                  "attempting connection type 1...
                  driver starting..." and sometimes
                  "touch screen device created..."

on my gal-note that works perfectly, it says like this "attempting connection type 2... driver starting... touch emulation (type B) blablabla... succesfully configured bluetooth, listening for contollers...

after i pressed the ps button, it just pair easily...

so what is my problem i have with my x7?

Comment

i've tried the force stop with two ways :
                    1. with bluetooth set to on, i've paired the controller, disconnet it, then i forced stop the bluetooth share, back at sixaxis app, then i start... but not working
                    2. still with bluetooth set to on, i've paired the controller, disconnet it, press the start, then i forced stop the bluetooth share.... still not working

i'd tried with bluetooth set to off, but i think that'll not work,
                    coz i think the app need the bluetooth to pair with the controller, aaand the fact, not working that way too.

so it wrote "pair" not "pair controller" i dont know if this kind of different app or not, but on my gal-note it wrote "pair controller" and it work just fine without any other setting needed,
                    oh yeah one more thing, on my neo x7 after i press the start button on the app, it says :
                    "attempting connection type 1...
                    driver starting..." and sometimes
                    "touch screen device created..."

on my gal-note that works perfectly, it says like this "attempting connection type 2... driver starting... touch emulation (type B) blablabla... succesfully configured bluetooth, listening for contollers...

after i pressed the ps button, it just pair easily...

so what is my problem i have with my x7?
                    The pair controller button is just to update your controllers bluetooth address to match that of your device. If you have updated the bluetooth controller to match your Note, then it won't work with Minix unless you change it's internal bluetooth mac address. That button should really say something like update controller address, because it's not really pairing it, it's preparing it to be paired.

The app can update the mac address in the controller if you have it plugged in via USB and hit pair controller. But, if that's not working, then you should probably use the sixaxis pair utility for windows. Download it here (http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com/s...ller/tool.html)

Once the controller has the same address as your Minix, then make sure bluetoothshare is disabled before you even start the app. The sixaxis app doesn't need the bluetooth share apk at all. If you are rooted, which I assume you are if you are using sixaxis, then it takes control of bluetooth all on it's own, so make sure it's completely off at all times. You never need it on, ever, not even when updating the mac address of the controller.

Let me know if you are still lost.

Comment

The pair controller button is just to update your controllers bluetooth address to match that of your device. If you have updated the bluetooth controller to match your Note, then it won't work with Minix unless you change it's internal bluetooth mac address. That button should really say something like update controller address, because it's not really pairing it, it's preparing it to be paired.

The app can update the mac address in the controller if you have it plugged in via USB and hit pair controller. But, if that's not working, then you should probably use the sixaxis pair utility for windows. Download it here (http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com/s...ller/tool.html)

Once the controller has the same address as your Minix, then make sure bluetoothshare is disabled before you even start the app. The sixaxis app doesn't need the bluetooth share apk at all. If you are rooted, which I assume you are if you are using sixaxis, then it takes control of bluetooth all on it's own, so make sure it's completely off at all times. You never need it on, ever, not even when updating the mac address of the controller.

Let me know if you are still lost.
                      oh my great good lord..!! it works man..!! thank you man,
                      so basicly i dont need the bluetooth set to on at all right, and i just updated my internal bluetooth adress for the controller, wow, i've been strugling with something simple man, thx for the advice, that's really helping.
                      so it works now, for the next i want to pair again, should i do the same thing?
                      i meant for the pair button? need to do that again? or just make sure to forced stop bluetooth share, and just hit the start button on the app and ps button on the controller?

Comment

oh my great good lord..!! it works man..!! thank you man,
                        so basicly i dont need the bluetooth set to on at all right, and i just updated my internal bluetooth adress for the controller, wow, i've been strugling with something simple man, thx for the advice, that's really helping.
                        so it works now, for the next i want to pair again, should i do the same thing?
                        i meant for the pair button? need to do that again? or just make sure to forced stop bluetooth share, and just hit the start button on the app and ps button on the controller?
                        I am glad I could help. From now on, you don't have to use the "pair button" again unless you want to switch that controller between the Minix and your note. If you want to use it with the note, then you will need to update the address with that button, and if you go back to the Minix, then same thing. But if you just use it on the Minix for a while, all you have to do is make sure bluetoothshare is disabled, and hit the start button.

There is actually a setting on the sixaxis app that let's you "autostart driver". Which means it's always listening for your controller. If the controller mac address is updated to the Minix, then you should be able to just hit the center button on the controller any time you want to pair, and that's all you have to do.

Comment

Just posting some findings, I used titanium backup to "freeze" bluetooth share, and Sixaxis works on reboot. I can't imagine any other bluetooth options do, but this is the only one I am worried about.
                          this works for me!

Comment

I've found this whole task really confusing, the last few posts have really helped me get my controller going and delighted now. Basically just a post to say thanks to the folk who help idiots like me get the most out of their devices!

Comment

This trick also works for me! I find this old Sixaxis_Controller_v0.6.4 easier to use for pairing.

Comment

I can pair my controller but or some reason cannot change the ime to sixaxis I am on quickshot v2 rom and an oc'd kernel. Any help is appreciated thx.
                                Last edited by jarheadm249; 05-04-2014, 00:26.

Comment

Working...
                                X