Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointed by CS968 (?)

Hello, guys!

I'm new to this forum and I'm astonished by all the hard work made by this community to improve our Android devices.

First of all, a big thank you to all of you!

I've recently bought a CS968 (CR11s) box, but unfortunately I'm somewhat disappointed with it.
    Now on a 1080p ROM, the Android UI is laggy and XBMC doesn't play fluidly any video above SD resolution, and even that with video and audio out of sync.

Fot the past 7 days I've tried every combination of ROM (for CS968) and XBMC, but to no avail. Yes, I know, MX Player works just fine, but XBMC is the main reason I wanted a dedicated media player and I'm not going to change that. And yes, I know justXBMC works great with MX Player, but again, I can't use the Subtitles addon and some other stuff native to XBMC.

In a desperate move, last night I've flahsed levvy's HFW for CS918 on my CS968 - I wasn't expecting it to fully work, or even work at all, but I didn't know what else to do.

To my surprise, the box booted just fine and the performance was INCREDIBLE. Almost no lag in the Android UI and the XBMC experience was almost perfect. It still suffered from minor frame drops during 1080p playback, but totally watchable, and 720p and SD were flawless and audio/video in perfect sync.

Unfortunately (in fact, as expected, based on the HW differences), only 2 USB ports were functional, and no camera, IR, bluetooth, wifi or ethernet connectivity.

So now I'm a little confused.

What do you guys think I should do?
    Is there even a remote chance of having one of the great modded ROMs out there ported to CS968?
    Has any of you managed to fix your box through a miracle combination of ROM and XBMC build?
    Or should I just give up, sell it and buy a Minix X7 instead?

Thank you all for your time and I'm eagerly waiting for your replies.
    Last edited by Marakino; 01-16-2014, 12:09.

Originally posted by Marakino View Post
    Hello, guys!

I'm new to this forum and I'm astonished by all the hard work made by this community to improve our Android devices.

First of all, a big thank you to all of you!

I've recently bought a CS968 (CR11s) box, but unfortunately I'm somewhat disappointed with it.
    Now on a 1080p ROM, the Android UI is laggy and XBMC doesn't play fluidly any video above SD resolution, and even that with video and audio out of sync.

Fot the past 7 days I've tried every combination of ROM (for CS968) and XBMC, but to no avail. Yes, I know, MX Player works just fine, but XBMC is the main reason I wanted a dedicated media player and I'm not going to change that. And yes, I know justXBMC works great with MX Player, but again, I can't use the Subtitles addon and some other stuff native to XBMC.

In a desperate move, last night I've flahsed levvy's HFW for CS918 on my CS968 - I wasn't expecting it to fully work, or even work at all, but I didn't know what else to do.

To my surprise, the box booted just fine and the performance was INCREDIBLE. Almost no lag in the Android UI and the XBMC experience was almost perfect. It still suffered from minor frame drops during 1080p playback, but totally watchable, and 720p and SD were flawless and audio/video in perfect sync.

Unfortunately (in fact, as expected, based on the HW differences), only 2 USB ports were functional, and no camera, IR, bluetooth, wifi or ethernet connectivity.

So now I'm a little confused.

What do you guys think I should do?
    Is there even a remote chance of having one of the great modded ROMs out there ported to CS968?
    Has any of you managed to fix your box through a miracle combination of ROM and XBMC build?
    Or should I just give up, sell it and buy a Minix X7 instead?

Thank you all for your time and I'm eagerly waiting for your replies.
    My first TV box was the Minix X7, worst than the CS968 ... I will not be purchasing another CS968 either .... I don't have any problems with 1080p playback ... My next TV box will be this one http://liliputing.com/2013/12/zero-d...aming-box.html .... I will also purchase the coming Google Nexus TV box ....!

Comment

?

Thanks for your reply, Tech1.

Why do you say X7 was worst than CS968? Maybe you are right and it was, but right now there are many custom ROMs for X7, as opposed to CS968, and the general opinion is positive. And as I've seen on the Web, Minix are also actively working to fix all the SW flaws of their X7.

Also, you said you don't have any problems with 1080p playback. Is that using XMBC's internal player or MX Player? As I've said, MX Player works fine for me too, but that's not why I bought this device.

The CS918 ROM I've tried is oferring a great experience, so I'm assuming it's also possible using a native ROM base. If only someone would cook that...

Thank you again.

LE.
      So, did any of you CS968 users managed to fix 1080p playback in XBMC without an external player?
      Is it doable?
      No opinions?
      Last edited by Marakino; 01-16-2014, 16:05.

Comment

X7

Well, I guess it doesn't matter anymore, since I got myself a Minix X7.

And WOW! The difference is stellar!
        With HFW modded ROM, it simply rocks. THIS is what I really wanted my Android box to be like. Total pleasure.

Thank you, guys, and see you in the other forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Marakino View Post
          Well, I guess it doesn't matter anymore, since I got myself a Minix X7.

And WOW! The difference is stellar!
          With HFW modded ROM, it simply rocks. THIS is what I really wanted my Android box to be like. Total pleasure.

Thank you, guys, and see you in the other forum.
          Oh ..! You are using a custom ROM build with your X7 not the stock ROM that comes with the X7 ... My X7 had the very same stock ROM build to the "T", that the CR11S comes with out of the box ... That very same stock ROM ran better on the CR11S, than it did on the X7 ... Anyway enjoy your new X7 ...!

Comment

Thinking of dumping my CS968 as well... Is the X7 really working that well? Have you tried the NHL premium app? I really enjoy watching hockey and that app works great on many other devices but not properly on this CS968. Hoping the X7 is the answer. Where did you order from?

Comment

Yep!

Hey, Jaygreene, I'm sorry, I don't know if/how the NHL premium app works on the X7...

But compared to the CS968, the X7 totally rocks!
              I'm using an OC kernel and the UI is super-fluid, while 1080p in XBMC (Beyond XBMC) is perfect - even the birds mkv sample. And it scores more than 21000 points in Antutu.

I've got mine from a local seller, on a site similar to ****, specific to my country...

I honestly think you won't regret the switch.

If you have other questions, just shoot and I'll help you if I can.

Comment

Working...
              X