Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To: MK908 NAND Install (Working krnl source available too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work! Now for the Mali drivers..

Originally posted by tyeo098 View Post
    Huh. Permission issue. Fixed now, try again.
    Works great. The 1080 and the wifi permission fix make a big difference! Great work.

I've been mucking around with the Mali GPU drivers available here:

The version listed installs without errors. Have not been able to get it running yet. Will keep trying. Anyone had any success getting these drivers installed?

Comment

video output is flickering

Huh. Permission issue. Fixed now, try again.
      @tyeo098 THANKS for fixing the download.

http://tyleryeomans.com/rk/PicUntu-4...and-MK908v3.7z

This firmware works with my MK908v3, but the video output is flickering every 1-2 sec, and often dark for 1-3 sec.

Comment

Originally posted by didi View Post
        This firmware works with my MK908v3, but the video output is flickering every 1-2 sec, and often dark for 1-3 sec.
        I have the same with tyeo098's sources on my mk908 (I still like those the most, thanks tyeo098!) and I found I can fix that with using the hdmi code from the kitkat kernels instead. I outlined this a bit here: #76 and I'm forking tyeo098 github with these changes included when I have time (soon).

or try this solution? #45

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by biemster View Post
          I have the same with tyeo098's sources on my mk908 (I still like those the most, thanks tyeo098!) and I found I can fix that with using the hdmi code from the kitkat kernels instead. I outlined this a bit here: #76 and I'm forking tyeo098 github with these changes included when I have time (soon).

or try this solution? #45

Hope this helps.
          If you get it working (you have the 3188T right?) I'll test it on my Mk908 w/ normal 3188 and send me a pull request and I'll combine it to the master
          Buy me a beer with
          DogeCoin: D6EeoEKcZJL234UhVFRV8Uy6HnfNurBS2y
          or
          BitCoin 17iQsUv7RoWVmDynfBS9qF88NxT4ETvhUn

Comment

Kernel Image for recovery

The is my compiled kernel image for use in the recovery partiton from tyeo sources. You will need a linux root file system with partition label "linuxroot". Some times it have random reboots too.

Chrome works very well, I only activaded System V IPC in .config and disable ANDROID BINDER IPC. Qt aplications now works fine too.

I have founded a way to use full flash in chromium browser and discovered the reason of the laggy, you need disable GPU render for now. see there:

Kernel for flash in recovery:

and I compiled my kernel in own MK908III(through chroot in linux root, to compile with -j4 flag takes only 25 min!!!), so is not cross-compiled. I used flash_image to flash the recovery partition too(direct from android), that can be found in file: http://files.androtab.info/rockchip/...ENERIC_CWM.zip
            Last edited by jakson; 02-22-2014, 04:48.

Comment

If you get it working (you have the 3188T right?) I'll test it on my Mk908 w/ normal 3188 and send me a pull request and I'll combine it to the master
              will do. Keep in mind that there are a couple of new defines in the .config when using those sources, so the defconfig you mention in your readme does not work immediately.

To be honest I do not know if I have a 3188T or a normal one, I will try to open my mk908 when I get back to it.

Comment

Originally posted by biemster View Post
                will do. Keep in mind that there are a couple of new defines in the .config when using those sources, so the defconfig you mention in your readme does not work immediately.

To be honest I do not know if I have a 3188T or a normal one, I will try to open my mk908 when I get back to it.
                I'm working on porting my current MK908 source to Alokshina's latest source, but for the life of me I cant remember what I did.
                Buy me a beer with
                DogeCoin: D6EeoEKcZJL234UhVFRV8Uy6HnfNurBS2y
                or
                BitCoin 17iQsUv7RoWVmDynfBS9qF88NxT4ETvhUn

Comment

Date and time

Hello friends of freaktab.

First of all, awesome job. Only thanks for everybody. Now I've my Tronsmart MK908 v3 working picuntu 4.5 with Internet browser ok, and 1080p resolution fine. Well, pretty nice job. I've already installed and set the language and the keyb to spanish. And now? I'm trying to set the time/date but I cannot set properly and when I pick on the time on the left side of the bar, the tronsmart restart so often. (I'm spanish, excuse my poor English). ¿may I need to install some new package from Synaptic? ¿can you help me?
                  Thanks a lot

Comment

mk908 v5 random reboots !

Hi bud, my mk908 V5 random reboots with this krnl, I tried this krnl http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...onnected-drive

and no reboot happend

you may compare krnl to find the reason

thank you very much !

Comment

¿dual boot from sd card?

Hello Jackson,

Can you explain how it works?
                      I don't understand so good what you mean with this. With your kernel flashed in the recovey partition, could we boot a linux from sd card or else? In other words: Can we stay with an Android ROM like Finless 1.7 and reboot to recovery mode getting linux OS loading from SD card?
                      Last days I've been trying to get a valid dualboot system for our MK908 (I.e. linuxium bootloader or else), purpose: android for playing and xbmc, and picbuntu for office... but all was unsucsesfully!! some ideas?

Thanks and forgive my poor english

Originally posted by jakson View Post
                      The is my compiled kernel image for use in the recovery partiton from tyeo sources. You will need a linux root file system with partition label "linuxroot". Some times it have random reboots too.

Chrome works very well, I only activaded System V IPC in .config and disable ANDROID BINDER IPC. Qt aplications now works fine too.

I have founded a way to use full flash in chromium browser and discovered the reason of the laggy, you need disable GPU render for now. see there:

Kernel for flash in recovery:

and I compiled my kernel in own MK908III(through chroot in linux root, to compile with -j4 flag takes only 25 min!!!), so is not cross-compiled. I used flash_image to flash the recovery partition too(direct from android), that can be found in file: http://files.androtab.info/rockchip/...ENERIC_CWM.zip

Comment

Originally posted by gvigueras View Post
                        Hello Jackson,

Can you explain how it works?
                        I don't understand so good what you mean with this. With your kernel flashed in the recovey partition, could we boot a linux from sd card or else? In other words: Can we stay with an Android ROM like Finless 1.7 and reboot to recovery mode getting linux OS loading from SD card?
                        Last days I've been trying to get a valid dualboot system for our MK908 (I.e. linuxium bootloader or else), purpose: android for playing and xbmc, and picbuntu for office... but all was unsucsesfully!! some ideas?

Thanks and forgive my poor english
                        Is how you told, every time who you start the mk908 it boot in the android, after you have to reboot again to recovery, so its start the linux. For this you need just flash the kernel image that i provide in the recovery partition, and the partition of your sdcard who have the picuntu need have de label "linuxroot". when you reboot in recovery it will show the Google TV logo, after 30 seconds the linux login screen show up, if it not show linux login screen and reboot again to android, it seems you not have changed the name of partiton of sdcard with picuntu to "linuxroot".

to flash only the recovery partition you can do in your own mk908 using android:
                        download the flash_image file to your sdcard: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwK...U1RaGtFNWVRRDQ
                        Download kernel recovery image to you sdcard: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwKl...Gg3dWFwRXpQNUk
                        using android terminal emulator do:
                        #su
                        #busybox cp /sdcard/flash_image /data/
                        #cd /data/
                        #./flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

after this you can reboot to recovery and if picuntu file system is ok and in a partition with label "linuxroot" should work.

Comment

no wifi?

hello jakson, hello everybody

I've got succesfully flashed your kernel to recovery partition of my tronsmart with Android Finless 1.7 rom. Okey. Now, Android starts, and when I reboot to recovery appears the GoogleTV logo (1080p, seems to be fine, etc.) and the kernel actually try to load a linux rfs from SD card. Well: I used system.img of the picuntu 4.5 distro found in this thread, and with windows image writer I've wrote the rfs to a 8gb SDcard. Okey, Picuntu starts fine, all seems to be right, but when I type the command at terminal to activate the wifi, it seems okey (wifi activated) but no wireless net can be found. And in this moment, when I reboot the system, again start android, and this time when I reboot to recovery again, the kernel loads and GoogleTV logo is shown, but when the picbuntu is going to be loaded, the screen goes to black and kernel is broken, because another new microsd with a new picbuntu 4.5 does the same: black screen after Google TV logo.
                          ¿May be a picbuntu rfs corrupted or else? ¿why don't wifi networks if at past, with picbuntu 4.5 on nand directly worked without problems?
                          Thanks again. Take the long way home... (Supertramp)

Comment

Originally posted by gvigueras View Post
                            hello jakson, hello everybody

I've got succesfully flashed your kernel to recovery partition of my tronsmart with Android Finless 1.7 rom. Okey. Now, Android starts, and when I reboot to recovery appears the GoogleTV logo (1080p, seems to be fine, etc.) and the kernel actually try to load a linux rfs from SD card. Well: I used system.img of the picuntu 4.5 distro found in this thread, and with windows image writer I've wrote the rfs to a 8gb SDcard. Okey, Picuntu starts fine, all seems to be right, but when I type the command at terminal to activate the wifi, it seems okey (wifi activated) but no wireless net can be found. And in this moment, when I reboot the system, again start android, and this time when I reboot to recovery again, the kernel loads and GoogleTV logo is shown, but when the picbuntu is going to be loaded, the screen goes to black and kernel is broken, because another new microsd with a new picbuntu 4.5 does the same: black screen after Google TV logo.
                            ¿May be a picbuntu rfs corrupted or else? ¿why don't wifi networks if at past, with picbuntu 4.5 on nand directly worked without problems?
                            Thanks again. Take the long way home... (Supertramp)
                            The wifi problem of wifi can be why you are using a diferente version of mk908?? This kernel is made for V3. If you are using wicd, verify in settings the correct configuration of interface, some times it use by defalt the wrong interface. About RFS corruption, i not encontred this problem, but now i personaly use debian jessie FS.

Comment

debian jessie fs into sdcard for tronsmart mk908 v3 howto guide?

Originally posted by jakson View Post
                              The wifi problem of wifi can be why you are using a diferente version of mk908?? This kernel is made for V3. If you are using wicd, verify in settings the correct configuration of interface, some times it use by defalt the wrong interface. About RFS corruption, i not encontred this problem, but now i personaly use debian jessie FS.
                              Ok. I'm using mk908 v3 too, but it seems to me the problem is the sdcard with picbuntu 4.5 img.
                              Could you give some information about debian jessie fs. and a small guide about creating this distro on a 8gb sdcard (yes, I'm dummy, jeje) or a simple link with your jessie rfs .img of your sd card?
                              Thanks a lot, jakson!

Comment

Debian File System

o create debian RFS folow firsts thow steps of tutorial:

change only the wheezy parameter in first line to jessie.
                                after this you need install lxde or gnome to use GUI, you can install using apt-get of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X