Text on PMID701C over wifi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text on PMID701C over wifi?

Any suggestions as to how could go about texting through wifi without having my phone in the loop at all? I thought about google voice/ talk but neither show up in the store.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated..

Originally posted by ratjr15 View Post
    Any suggestions as to how could go about texting through wifi without having my phone in the loop at all? I thought about google voice/ talk but neither show up in the store.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated..
    There are a few options actually. One is TextFree, and the other is Talkatone. TextFree gives you a free phone number to text anywhere in the world, and Talkatone uses your Google Voice account to both make and receive phone calls, and texting as well. I use both.

If an app doesnt show up in the market, just download it on your phone, back up to SDCard, move to PC, then move to Tablet.
    Jim
    ---
    Ainol Novo 7 Elf II Dual Core
    Milestone (Droid) - Chevy SS GB ROM
    Milestone X - Rooted Stock GB ROM

Comment

Google Voice is the best text service I've found for the tablet. If you don't have the google play store on your tablet, there are ways listed here to get it on there.
      GrooVe IP is a good app to use for voice calls as well that uses the google voice account as well.

If you have unlimited texting on your phone, there is an app called MySMS that will let you text using your phone, but it requires that you install an app on your phone as well. The messages are actually sent thru your phone, but it basically mirrors it over the data connection.
      Polaroid PMID701i 13
      Stock Rom from S.T.'s site
      Fully rooted
      Google's Market installed

Comment

If you're looking for separate SMS/Text on a separate number, the solutions above should do well for you. If you'd just like to receive your Phone text messages on your tablet, the app "mySMS" will do this for you. It sends a copy of every SMS you receive to your Tablet, and allows you to reply as well. Of course the tablet needs to be online.

Comment

Working...
        X