JXD Game Pad 3 - S7800B - RileyROM 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JXD Game Pad 3 - S7800B - RileyROM 1.1

I ran across this new tablet the other day on Geekbuying.com. I thought it was REALLY cool, so I decided to get one to try and review. Here is my review thread: Review

Geekbuying Link

I've only had this thing for a few days, so I plan to test it out some more before I add to the review. This tablet is quite a different animal...but I think you will enjoy it. I'm still trying to figure out how to map the controls to the games.

Custom RileyROM

I have put together a custom ROM based on new official JXD firmware, dated 1/16/2014. The ROM kit also includes a Game Center zip file. After you root, just unzip the archive and copy it to the internal SD of the tablet and install the Gamecenter.apk. I'm still learning how to use this, but there is an app called Happy Chick that is installed on your desktop and when you run it, you have the option to download and install games. The games I tried, however, are in Chinese language...and I haven't figured out how to change it. My 14 year old son is my gaming expert, and he was away all weekend...so I plan to hand it over to him to test the games some more.

I had the original ROM almost ready to go as v1.0, but just as I was uploading it...I noticed JXD posted an update...so I'll just keep v1.0 to myself and just share v1.1 with you guys.

This ROM is:

Full Root with SuperSU
    Full debloat
    Init.d support added
    Busybox commands added
    English default with complete Android language support
    Working CWM Recovery added (Installed after first boot)
    Auto Install added on first boot (see this thread for details of this feature)
    Google Play Store fixes added to allow for more compatibility
    4gb default user app space with more parameter choices (This tablet only has 8gb NAND, so just use 2, 4 or 6gb)
    Boot animation by Tattman65
    Reboot App by Petrus
    First Time User's Guide included (read this before you attempt to flash this ROM)
    RKBatchTool included as an alternate tool to reboot to flash mode
    Rockchip Driver Installer app included in the ROM kit

Download

Enjoy!!!!!

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com
    Donate!!! This fund helps me buy new tablets for testing...like THIS ONE.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

AWESOME

Thanks for the hard work man I will be getting one of these bad boys

Comment

Yeah...I'm tinkering with it right now. My son has shown me what to do with it. There is every emulator you can imagine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        I ran across this new tablet the other day on Geekbuying.com. I thought it was REALLY cool, so I decided to get one to try and review. Here is my review thread: Review
        If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!! This fund helps me buy new tablets for testing...like THIS ONE. ...
        Originally posted by kpfafman View Post
        Thanks for the hard work man I will be getting one of these bad boys
        Yeah...I'm tinkering with it right now. My son has shown me what to do with it. There is every emulator you can imagine.
        Got my device today from Dinodirect.com for $140 (USD) + some shipping. Still playing with the stock rom and apps. Gotta try a custom rom someday. Has anyone tested CWM recovery from http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/ so as to do a full backup of stock rom ? (I know Titanium is good for apps). Thanks Riley and everybody (including peeps at Dingoonity) !

Comment

That's cool. My son has mine for a while...putting it through the gaming paces. I think I had CWM working well on my tablet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

cwm recovery

That's cool. My son has mine for a while...putting it through the gaming paces. I think I had CWM working well on my tablet.
            okay. I got CWM recovery installed and working with arctablet arctools app from that website. Did a backup of stock rom to external sd card. Here is a download link for arctools apk file (click link).
            By the way, I saw this device (B edition) for sale on Dinodirect for $138.99 USD + free or express shipping yesterday. I hope it becomes popular over the next few months! Gonna kick butt on Gun Bros 2 now! I had trouble with that one on my phone. Some games are difficult without physical controls, especially on a <5 inch screen. Luckily we have these JXDs.

Comment

Why did you need to install CWM with Arktool's?

I have it already installed in the ROM...or have you not flashed my ROM? Did you see post #1?
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

flash, aah, savior of the universe dun dun dah dah!

Why did you need to install CWM with Arktool's?I have it already installed in the ROM...or have you not flashed my ROM? Did you see post #1?
                yes I saw post #1 and downloaded your rom, yesterday. when I wrote before about the stock rom and cwm recovery, I wanted to use the stock rom, play some apps and games, and then backup all that out-of-the-box data, and finally install your rom. -- I have done all that.Unfortunately, my touch screen stops responding to physical touches when I use only the the control sticks and buttons after a short time. This happened yesterday in the stock rom while playing an included game "monster shooter: lost levels", and it is happening today while using your rom with similar touch games (Gun Bros). I set the Display settings to sleep 30 minutes and Debugging settings to 'always awake' and 'show touches'. The stock charger is connected to the device. More specifically, about 4 to 6 minutes after continuous use of the control sticks, the screen does not respond to physical touches, yet the sticks and buttons still register a "touch" and continue controlling gameplay. A power button tap to lock, and wake, and swipe to unlock re-enables the physical touches. While the screen is responding to physical touches, I think if I touch the screen with a finger about every 2 minutes, everything is "normal". My device's serial number on exterior frame is "S7800-B-01-201312-8GB-03030". I have not installed any 3rd party tweaks, mods or root exploits (other than SuperSU already there). I can power off, power on and reproduce this behavior again and again. Jeez it's annoying. I wonder if I have a defective device. I surely want to avoid paying for shipping this thing back to China...

here is my youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju44OWs6G2I Download video file > http://goo.gl/PU2d8f -or- http://goo.gl/VIBwIp -or- http://goo.gl/QXUQGI

I am somewhat familiar with 'terminal emulator', Linux filesystem layout, using adb and the way Android can capture internal events. Maybe I could use logcat, or adb bugreport or dmesg/kmsg or ... What do you suggest? Can you please try to test or reproduce this issue? Thanks.
                Last edited by petesimon; 02-01-2014, 00:19. Reason: youtube video

Comment

I'll try to play around with mine and see if I can get it to do the same thing.

It will be Thursday, since I'm working today.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

jxd s7800b r1 and r2 not working

Hello i have purchase JXD s7800b from DHGATE website. It came with damaged R1 and R2 buttons. Now, it's not worthed to return it, pay for shipping again and wait for like 20 days.
                    Does someone know how can i open it and try to fix it myself ? I try, but i dont see a way to open it.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by otrov77 View Post
                      Hello i have purchase JXD s7800b from DHGATE website. It came with damaged R1 and R2 buttons. Now, it's not worthed to return it, pay for shipping again and wait for like 20 days.
                      Does someone know how can i open it and try to fix it myself ? I try, but i dont see a way to open it.

Thanks
                      actualy every tablet is very easy to open, u just need to take something sharp and try to open it, same like u eat,shit and sleep... TIP ! if u dont have special tools (i dont have also) use smal knife. Still don't have mine s7800 but it coming soon. But one thing more u maybe will need electronic srewdriver set, i have the cheapest one and amazing what i can do with this, i fixed my lg optimus 2x speaker, then xperia mini i changed touchscreen, few tablets also (those two tablets i opened with knife !!!)... So if u a Man and know how to use screwdriver then just open, some tablets have few srews others don't have at all.
                      Last edited by badbojus; 01-31-2014, 13:37. Reason: too many mistakes.
                      JXD 7800B KirKat. TeamWin Recovery.

Buy me some pot....

Comment

suggestions for next rom

Suggestions and ideas for the next ROM version:

I would like to use OpenVPN and other various networking tools. However, the "/dev/tun" or "/dev/net/tun" device file in the filesystem is not available. OpenVPN requires this device file. I suppose some users in countries that filter and restrict internet access could benefit from using OpenVPN. (PPTP service is discouraged. I don't have PPTP access.) In the JXD RileyROM 1.1, OpenVPN or any app that needs 'tun' fails.
                        More information about TUN is online here:

Also, some users in Dingoonity and I are trying to install some popular games but can't, such as Dead Trigger 2. This game is not available in Google Play Store. Sideloading or otherwise acquiring the app's apk and/or lib-data from 3rd party sources results in problems or the app/game simply does not work at all. Could you please change the "ro.build" strings in /system/build.prop file to better spoof Google Play into letting users install more games and apps? The string "ro.product.model=GT-I9300" is not enough. I had a tv box with Wasser 1.2.3 custom rom loaded in, and the box spoofed itself as a Nexus tablet. Maybe the "ro.build.fingerprint" string and other strings should be changed accordingly? I don't know how to do this exactly, but I understand the concept. I just wish Google was less of a dictator for controlling access to apps (games)!

Thanks Riley.
                        Last edited by petesimon; 02-01-2014, 21:10. Reason: spelling

Comment

I will add those things on the next build. I was taking baby steps with this one to SEE what we needed to add.

Thanks for the input.

Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Btw. I'm not a gamer...so I'm relying on you guys to tell me what I need to add to this ROM. So please continue to post your wish lists. I'll see what I can do. It will be a great learning tool for me to improve on all of my ROMs.

Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Btw. I'm not a gamer...so I'm relying on you guys to tell me what I need to add to this ROM. So please continue to post your wish lists. I'll see what I can do. It will be a great learning tool for me to improve on all of my ROMs.

wait when i will get my s7800 i will post a big wish list ! If i am right nobody fixed right joystick bug yet ?
                              And yes want i want to your other rom version is tabled layout, becouse i read that in this tablet is phone android ui and for me it sounds very stupid, i think it's possible to change it into tabled ui ofcourse not for me that easy... and you can put tincore like preinstalled app becouse it's game pad so it's very useful. I have to say much more, but i must wait until i'll get it in my hands. 4 days now just reading and watching videos about this device. Forgot to say, should be nice to have overlocked kernels with your rom. Or i can use supercharged kernel ? Hope my device coming in week or so, now is one week , bought on geekbuyng, free shiping, so i hoping for two weeks delivery :P and not demaged device, like i read others got demaged from geekbuying.
                              JXD 7800B KirKat. TeamWin Recovery.

Buy me some pot....

Comment

Working...
                              X