Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROMDUMP WANTED - Who Has Next7P12-8G with build.prop build date before 10-23-13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROMDUMP WANTED - Who Has Next7P12-8G with build.prop build date before 10-23-13?

The only complete ROM I currently have for the Next7P12-8G is dated 10-23-13. This is the build the stock ROM I have already released is based on.

Several people have reported WIFI not working after flashing the 10-23-13 based stock ROM.

After reviewing all of the threads in this forum, it appears that everyone who reported a WIFI issue has a manufacture date BEFORE 10-23-13. It seems the WIFI chip changed sometime between September and October 23, 2013.

Does anyone have one of these with a build date earlier than 10-23-13, that would be willing to dump the ROM so we can try to get the proper WIFI drivers for these guys?

Thanks!

ShaunMT

Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

I have Next7P12-8G
    YFG0913xxxxxx
    build.prop shows Fri Aug 23 15:40:44 CST 2013
    Box shows Manufactured September 2013
    Stock rom, I only used your Keyser root, wifi works fine.
    I do have other apps I installed on there, don't know if that matters? I also removed some of the bloat, but I backed them up first and can restore them if needed.
    I also changed the image for the boot screen (right after the lady with the earphones - I think 3rd image?) - it's just the Android logo.

I'm really new to Android, so may need instructions on some things. I followed your post for steps to dump the rom, the "system" from onandroid backup and the rest from dd.

Comment

Originally posted by Buggin View Post
      I have Next7P12-8G
      YFG0913xxxxxx
      build.prop shows Fri Aug 23 15:40:44 CST 2013
      Box shows Manufactured September 2013
      Stock rom, I only used your Keyser root, wifi works fine.
      I do have other apps I installed on there, don't know if that matters? I also removed some of the bloat, but I backed them up first and can restore them if needed.
      I also changed the image for the boot screen (right after the lady with the earphones - I think 3rd image?) - it's just the Android logo.

I'm really new to Android, so may need instructions on some things. I followed your post for steps to dump the rom, the "system" from onandroid backup and the rest from dd.
      I don't have a copy of that build date. If you could upload what you've got, I'd appreciate it.
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
        I don't have a copy of that build date. If you could upload what you've got, I'd appreciate it.
        Code:
        http://tusfiles.co.nz/d/fQif

Comment

Originally posted by Buggin View Post
          Code:
          http://tusfiles.co.nz/d/fQif
          downloading currently. thanks!
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Question

I have your stock rom installed but mine was manufactured march 2013 do you still want a rom dump?

Comment

rom dump

ShaunMT

If your interested?

I have the rom dump for Nextbook Model: Next7P12-8G
              Serial/Manufacture Date: YFG0713xxxxxx
              ROM build date (From build.prop):Tue June 18 14:31:16 CST 2013

GJPete5580

Comment

Need rom dump for YFG0713035779

Originally posted by GJPete5580 View Post
                ShaunMT

If your interested?

I have the rom dump for Nextbook Model: Next7P12-8G
                Serial/Manufacture Date: YFG0713xxxxxx
                ROM build date (From build.prop):Tue June 18 14:31:16 CST 2013

GJPete5580
                Hi I tried the aussie site but it could not download. Can I use your rom dump to fix my wifi and also the screen does not rotate. I am new to this game and there is not alot of info on fixing these bricks. I have had this tablet since September and it has frozen 3-5 times and I have had to reset and lose lots of data and time and now the wifi is down.
                Thanks for your help.

Comment

what happens if u do have the october 23rd nextbook 7p12 tab, cause my wi-fi after the update will not pickup, been looking everywhere on how to fix it
                  Pantera

[Revolution is my name]

Comment

Originally posted by thedeadman21 View Post
                    what happens if u do have the october 23rd nextbook 7p12 tab, cause my wi-fi after the update will not pickup, been looking everywhere on how to fix it
                    Getting new ROMs out for the different wifi chips in this model is next on my todo list.
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

didnt know if there was one yet but i know ur the man to get one as your the only one i've seen that has anything for these tablets so i have to say thanks on the hard work, I enjoy rooting things even when i mess up i just enjoy learning, this has been a blast from what i've learned from your very details on how to root this tablet. I'm use to rooting phones this was my first root on a tablet
                      Pantera

[Revolution is my name]

Comment

if you need anything from my tablet to get a wi-fi fix for the newer tablet's willing to help anyway i possibly can
                        Pantera

[Revolution is my name]

Comment

if you need anything from my tablet to get a wi-fi fix for the newer tablet's willing to help anyway i possibly can
                          I've already got copies of ROMs for both versions... getting CWM and ROMs for these models is next on my list.

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

dude u are on it, cant wait for a cwm would make things alot easier, does anybody know if there will ever be a jb rom for these tablets?
                            Pantera

[Revolution is my name]

Comment

dude u are on it, cant wait for a cwm would make things alot easier, does anybody know if there will ever be a jb rom for these tablets?
                              I'm sure there will, but I have no idea when... probably not soon, especially considering I don't own this model to test on...

ShaunMT
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                              X