Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked Minix NEO X7

Hi,

Unfortunately I bricked my Minix NEO X7, I flashed the 4.4 FW from wasser and it worked, since it didn't support the X7's audio outputs/inputs, I flashed JustXBMC, but while flashing JustXBMC i got a download error in the RKBatchTool.

When the system restarted, it showed just a black screen.
    I tried to flash the official FW 007 but it gave the same error.

Rec Mode error:

So i couldn't recover my X7 the normal way.

I searched google on how to fix this, one of the methods was to short the NAND pads, in this case T4 and T5. In both cases, (Normal recovery flash, and MASK mode flash) the device disconnects from the PC after approx. 7 Secs.

If i keep holding the power/rec. buttons it stays on but after the device test i get the Download error again. I tried 2 official FW's, Finless 1.8 and 1.7 but neither of these seem to work.

MASK Error:

Does anybody have a idea what i have to do to get my NEO X7 working again?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by 5ty44 View Post
    Hi,

Unfortunately I bricked my Minix NEO X7, I flashed the 4.4 FW from wasser and it worked, since it didn't support the X7's audio outputs/inputs, I flashed JustXBMC, but while flashing JustXBMC i got a download error in the RKBatchTool.

When the system restarted, it showed just a black screen.
    I tried to flash the official FW 007 but it gave the same error.

Rec Mode error:

So i couldn't recover my X7 the normal way.

I searched google on how to fix this, one of the methods was to short the NAND pads, in this case T4 and T5. In both cases, (Normal recovery flash, and MASK mode flash) the device disconnects from the PC after approx. 7 Secs.

If i keep holding the power/rec. buttons it stays on but after the device test i get the Download error again. I tried 2 official FW's, Finless 1.8 and 1.7 but neither of these seem to work.

MASK Error:

Does anybody have a idea what i have to do to get my NEO X7 working again?

Thanks in advance!

For the whole restore process you must hold power button. This resolve same problem for me.

Comment

I also just ran into this issue on my Mini as the 4.4.2 roms would not work at all. But kept getting the same error when flashing Quickshot back onto it. But I then used the 2.08 loader.bin from the 4.4.2 rom and renamed to Loader.bin as that is what the Quickshot team has it named and all went well and am up and running again.

Comment

Thanks, but it still gives me this error:

Comment

1. start the device with both recovery and power button pressed and held.
          2. release recovery after 4-5 seconds, keep holding power for another 4-5 seconds.

it did it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 5ty44 View Post
            Thanks, but it still gives me this error:

Hi i had the same problem it worked for me to pull out the power wait 10 or 15 minutes plug it in use the minix flash tool pin + Power buton restore and hold the power button .

greetz mcln27

Comment

See here...

Same for me,
              this post was very useful:

Bye,
              tode

Comment

Solved my bricked Minix X7

I had a similar problem. But this threat helped me a lot.

Got to the point where there was only a blue square in the flashtool for 5-7 seconds. This means the device is in "MASK Rom mode" If you hold the power button the square stays on. (so without the recovery pin pushed) Now flash your image and keep the power button pressed the whole process. I used this image: X7_20131231_OTA.img

This did the trick for me........

Comment

Working...
                X