hi can you help i am new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi can you help i am new

hi all looks good here,I need help with my arnova 10 g2, I have downloaded a book from amazon and can't read the top line can anyone help please.
    thanks

Originally posted by madmanuk View Post
    hi all looks good here,I need help with my arnova 10 g2, I have downloaded a book from amazon and can't read the top line can anyone help please.
    thanks
    Hi,

What reader app are you using? Amazon will be Kindle (.mobi) format, if you're not using the official app download it from the Play store and use that. You can also get the application for your PC so I'd try both to see if the problem is the same on both.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by MrWeelson View Post
      Hi,

What reader app are you using? Amazon will be Kindle (.mobi) format, if you're not using the official app download it from the Play store and use that. You can also get the application for your PC so I'd try both to see if the problem is the same on both.

Cheers
      Also just found this which could be what's happening for you.

Comment

ffrfr

thanks mate i will take a look

Comment

whats does rooted firmware mean

hi mate did that on the vid but nothing working, It says that it must be rooted firmware,Whats that mean mate.
          thanks

Comment

if you are using you tablet out of the box with its own software on it it will not be routed so the above will not work for you, i can't find a way to solve the problem without having root on your device (@bob finlessis there anyway to root the arnova 10g2 without rom install??) if bob says there is do that 1st the retry the above steps if not only way is to install a new rom i would recommend bob's v1.5 rom from this site, NB be aware that if you flash a new rom there is a risk you can brick your tablet please don't flash just because i said so look into doing it first and if you as sure about doing it then go ahead i am sure bob, damo or other of the people here who deal with rom cooking will be happy to help if you want to flash this would give you root access and again follow the above steps to fix kindle

hope this helps

ricky
            Ricky
            New here but learning something new everyday

Comment

You can get what is called a Simi-root using tools like Gingerbreak. This will give you SU access to the Android OS. But you cannot modify any files in /system without a ROM flash to change that.

The reason is on many tablets /system is a CramFS file system which is read only! So to get full root access and be able to customize the device beyond what the manufacturer allows, you need to flash a ROM.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                You can get what is called a Simi-root using tools like Gingerbreak. This will give you SU access to the Android OS. But you cannot modify any files in /system without a ROM flash to change that.

The reason is on many tablets /system is a CramFS file system which is read only! So to get full root access and be able to customize the device beyond what the manufacturer allows, you need to flash a ROM.

Bob
                thanks bob thought that was the case whould he be able to use the status bar hide code from the 1.5 thread to hide the status bar and use button saver to break out of kindle with simi-root or not?

ricky
                Ricky

Comment

No those are system files and require read write to /system so no way... You need to flash a ROM.

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

thanks bob still learning this forum is brillant you are all so helpful judt hope i can be on some help in return

ricky
                    Ricky

Comment

root

hi and thanks for all your help but in the end i flashed it with,I don't know lol but i can now hide the toolbar and read kindle books ok with the top line showing,I would have got it to this more if it was mine but the tab don't belong to me,I would have bricked it just to see if i could mend it lol,Anyway keep up the good work and thanks,I prob will be back soon tho.
                      Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X