messed up PMID4312

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

messed up PMID4312

hey i got this 4.3'' tablet (i guess thats what you would call it) android version 4.1.1 from a friend
    i rooted it today and everything was working fine until i tried to use ninjamorph to change the color of
    systemUI icons. i only changed one to make sure it would work ( i've done this on plenty of android devices)
    my plan was to copy the systemUI and framework res to my sd copy them to my pc and theme them
    well when i rebooted all my apps were deleted it somehow factory reset and now i cant download any apps
    when i try it says memory is full so i checked and i have two internal storage one is 38.47MB and its full
    the second is 1.46GB and its empty. so now im stuck. cant download any apps cause they all try to install to
    the full one i guess....any help would be appreciated

Originally posted by kushbush View Post
    hey i got this 4.3'' tablet (i guess thats what you would call it) android version 4.1.1 from a friend
    i rooted it today and everything was working fine until i tried to use ninjamorph to change the color of
    systemUI icons. i only changed one to make sure it would work ( i've done this on plenty of android devices)
    my plan was to copy the systemUI and framework res to my sd copy them to my pc and theme them
    well when i rebooted all my apps were deleted it somehow factory reset and now i cant download any apps
    when i try it says memory is full so i checked and i have two internal storage one is 38.47MB and its full
    the second is 1.46GB and its empty. so now im stuck. cant download any apps cause they all try to install to
    the full one i guess....any help would be appreciated
    Are you sure you don't mean the PMID4311?
    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

There is a 4312. I bought one the Big Lots black Friday sale. Have no idea how to correct his problem. Might try coping the contents of the drives to a puter. Then do a reset, either factory or hitting the pinhole reset button. Good luck.:-)
      Tablets: Polaroid PMID 701i, PMID 4311, Zeki 10" tablet

"God Loves You"- Arlo Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by cherylharrell1961 View Post
        There is a 4312. I bought one the Big Lots black Friday sale. Have no idea how to correct his problem. Might try coping the contents of the drives to a puter. Then do a reset, either factory or hitting the pinhole reset button. Good luck.:-)
        there is no pinhole reset button and i have factory reset at least 30 times

Comment

i tried deleting some system apps and realized i was reading the internal storage incorrectly it actually says total space 0.00B but it says there is 32.71MB apps app data & media content on it......

Comment

i got it fixed posting in case someone has this problem in the future busybox was installed to wrong directory it was in system/xbin it should be in system bin so i downloaded root explorer it installed even with storage reading 0.00B copied busybox from system/xbin to system/bin and rebooted

Comment

So glad you got it fixed.
              Tablets: Polaroid PMID 701i, PMID 4311, Zeki 10" tablet

"God Loves You"- Arlo Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by cherylharrell1961 View Post
                So glad you got it fixed.
                you know if there is a recovery for this been searching haven't found anything yet

Comment

Originally posted by kushbush View Post
                  i got it fixed posting in case someone has this problem in the future busybox was installed to wrong directory it was in system/xbin it should be in system bin so i downloaded root explorer it installed
                  Oh geez. Fricking Polaroid strikes again
                  https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Working...
                  X