Cs918/mk888/k-r42 wifi issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cs918/mk888/k-r42 wifi issues

So I received my cs918 the other day, ran it on wifi to do my basic setup, fusion, xunity. I ended up having some issues installing some of the 3rd party repos, uninstalled and reinstalled and they worked, then I left for about an hour and came back and now the wifi will not work. It says it's connected to my
    route but it's not sending or receiving. All my other wifi devices work fine. I've hard reset
    both the router and box.

Anyone have any suggestions? I also tried to
    reinstall the firmware but my computer will not recognize the device,
    I've tried numerous drivers, can get the cup to acknowledge it's their but keeps telling me it's the wrong driver.

Any help?

Hi,
    Don't do a firmware update/restore.. without finding out.. what version/revision you have
    -there are plus minus 5 version.. of the cs918, installing wrong firmware can lead to more problems/issues
    To figure-out what you have.. you need to look at the pcb/motherboard (aka opening the box.. )

Try using androidtool 2.1 or rkflashkit and make a firmware backup.. before trying a new rom/firmware

Some android versions have a 'keep wifi alive' function
    -try enabling it..

Cheers and goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
      Hi,
      Don't do a firmware update/restore.. without finding out.. what version/revision you have
      -there are plus minus 5 version.. of the cs918, installing wrong firmware can lead to more problems/issues
      To figure-out what you have.. you need to look at the pcb/motherboard (aka opening the box.. )

Try using androidtool 2.1 or rkflashkit and make a firmware backup.. before trying a new rom/firmware

Some android versions have a 'keep wifi alive' function
      -try enabling it..

Cheers and goodluck
      I've also tried Ethernet and it's not working either.

Comment

So I've opened the box
        The rock chip is a rk1000-s
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	431916

It says rk3188 v3.5

Comment

So I tried a google search in the android browser and it worked. It seems only the xbmc is having internet issues. When I use my other box though the internet works.

Comment

Try.. SPMC

A really great xbmc version

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X