X7 mini + Minix XBMC Video Addons Closes XBMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X7 mini + Minix XBMC Video Addons Closes XBMC

Playing a video addon, such as an episode of a DIY Network show, causes XBMC to suddenly close while the episode is still loading.

Using a standard XBMC release from the XBMC web site, I do not have this issue.

Is anyone else having this problem and/or knows how to fix it?

XBMC Hardware Acceleration Enabled

It turns out having hardware acceleration enabled in Settings > Video > Playback was causing the issue. Now I am wonder why.

Can anyone help?

Comment

Originally posted by bennychase View Post
      It turns out having hardware acceleration enabled in Settings > Video > Playback was causing the issue. Now I am wonder why.
      You didn't specify which XBMC you were using but at least SPMC, XBMC MINIX and Beyond XBMC have issues with MPEG2 files/streams if libstagefright-based h/w decoding is enabled.

The latest Gotham nightlies play MPEG2 files fine but the add-on you're using might not be compatible with Gotham yet.
      NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
      NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
      Buy me a beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
        You didn't specify which XBMC you were using but at least SPMC, XBMC MINIX and Beyond XBMC have issues with MPEG2 files/streams if libstagefright-based h/w decoding is enabled.

The latest Gotham nightlies play MPEG2 files fine but the add-on you're using might not be compatible with Gotham yet.
        The libstagefright and MPEG2 issues makes sense. Thank you for the explanation.

Comment

Working...
        X