Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X5 - ethernet/wifi connection speed are slow? whats wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X5 - ethernet/wifi connection speed are slow? whats wrong?

I have purchased 3 minix x5 devices (2 mini, 1 of the big ones). When I run speedtests (i have tried apps, website tests etc etc from multiple places) I get ping 700-800ms aprox, 3-4mbps download from ALL of my x5 devices. My PC gets 20ms ping, and 19.09mbps download.

Why is the ping so horrible??? The download speed also seems horrible as well. I have tried at 3 friends houses, all of which have unique modems/routers compared to me and got the same results.

I am using stock roms on all of my minix x5's.

Is there some sort of trick to getting this fixed? Streaming videos with xbmc works with sd content. But not a chance with HD.

Any advice would be most appreciated!!!

Thanks

Originally posted by crazydude View Post
    I have purchased 3 minix x5 devices (2 mini, 1 of the big ones). When I run speedtests (i have tried apps, website tests etc etc from multiple places) I get ping 700-800ms aprox, 3-4mbps download from ALL of my x5 devices. My PC gets 20ms ping, and 19.09mbps download.

Why is the ping so horrible??? The download speed also seems horrible as well. I have tried at 3 friends houses, all of which have unique modems/routers compared to me and got the same results.

I am using stock roms on all of my minix x5's.

Is there some sort of trick to getting this fixed? Streaming videos with xbmc works with sd content. But not a chance with HD.

Any advice would be most appreciated!!!

Thanks
    For me ethernet works ok on the x5, but the wireless speeds vary quite a bit. This normally depends on the channel of the router. Download a wifi analyser from play store and see what the best channels are. I have changed mine a few times and have had 29mb out of the x5 on wifi. But I guess it depends on how many other routers in your area that share the same channel which can cause interference. I might be talking tosh but I think this would cause your issues.

Comment

I get very good wirreless internet speeds on my x5. Right up to my ISP speed of 20Mbps. What is your router and is it using a channel with other routers sharing it.

Comment

Working...
      X