Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cs968 and clones: Overclocking possible? Yes, it is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cs968 and clones: Overclocking possible? Yes, it is.

Today some information about our cs968 and similar clones.

I have a TV01 and tried to overclock via kernel patching, but I failed.
    The reason seems to be a locked down rk3188T chipset. As a result you can patch the kernel, but it has no effect, because the cpu is locked at 1402 Mhz.
    Here in this thread, you find a discussion about the topic.

So far there is no way to unlock the Model T's.Maybe they are locked down, because they are of unstable quality, if you would use a higher clock.

I don't know, if all cs968 and clones have the Model T inside.

If someone wants to test it, I can help.

JDfense
    Last edited by JDfense; 04-14-2014, 20:15.

Hello , as seen on other users they were able to overclock their rk3188 T proccessor but in other devices like cx 919 . Users Tvdroid ( oc-ed up to 1.8 Ghz) and drivex have reported success on OC the model T proccessor in their android devices. If someone could port the kernel/ROM to work with cs968 it will be great.

Comment

I don't think it is that easy. We have not enough knowledge about the Model-T for conclusion how to fix the lock down.
      As far as I understood TVdroid, he spoke about two cozy swan S400 with a confirmed Model T sign Rockship 3188 T on the chip. One works fine with overclocking to 1,8 the other one not.
      I'm not sure what that means. Maybe 1,8 Ghz was to much for the one with the flickering, or one was a locked down, the other one not.

I have checked the same cx-919 ROM with my TV-01 and I got only a nice bootloop, with stockkernel and the complete cx-919 ROM.

We need more research. I will be more careful with my statements, because i can not be sure, if my TV01 is a Model T, because there is a passive cooler in the way to confirm the cpu.

JDfense

Comment

Maybe there are different versions.
        The board of my TV01 has the following sign:

QL201338
        HTC-T018-V2

Btw I have some overclocked cloudnetgo cr11s kernels from the 05.12.2013, 2MP Cameras, in case someone wants to check his cs968 , I could upload them.
        Of course this not for beginners, only for users who know the risk.
        I have checked them all, but my TV01 did not clock over 1.402 Mhz.

JDfense

Comment

If you have such do please provide upload link I will be glad to test them on my cs968.

Comment

Okay, I will upload them tomorrow.

JDfense --->I8160

Comment

Here rosty, some overclocked test kernels, based on the cr11s_05.12. 2M Camera firmware.

Testkernel

thx to phjanderson for the rkpatchomatic

JDfense

PS.: I forgot to mention - playing with overclocked kernels is always your own risk to damage your device.

Comment

Hi JDfense ,

Thank you for uploading them up , one strange thing is that I also played with
                rkpatchomatic with the executable one , and I found that the program is modifying the kernel to only 3 cpu frequency it cuts off the 312 - 1002 mhz , also checked youre kernels uploaded and it is the same . I will want to have something like 312-1809 or 312 - 1600 mhz to be able to run cool when usage is low.

I will give them a try to see what happens .

Comment

Only stock ROM has the full range from 312 to 1402. I got 1200 and 1400 as best result with the model T . It is still a secret how this locking down works

JDfense --->I8160

Comment

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
                    Only stock ROM has the full range from 312 to 1402. I got 1200 and 1400 as best result with the model T . It is still a secret how this locking down works

JDfense --->I8160
                    Hi JDfense,
                    just gut a 3188T device and any overclocking i tried will not work. Always show 1.4 GHz.
                    so which parameter can i try to change in patchomatic toool to get kernel to 1.6?
                    Donations are welcome and will be shared with other devs:

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

Sorry Walter, I tried it before. No solution so far, but I will try it again.

JDfense --->I8160

Comment

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
                        Sorry Walter, I tried it before. No solution so far, but I will try it again.

JDfense --->I8160
                        Hello JDfense , from I understood you found out a way to overclock the CS 968 using some KK ROM with some KK kernls , can now put some light in this thread and post some steps some links for us to try also to replicate youre results in overclocking the cs968/cr11s .

Thnaks

Comment

I think have to change the headline of the thread, because overclocking is possible, since d33 found the adjustments to compile kitkat kernels for model T's like our cs968.

JDfense

Comment

Originally posted by rosty View Post
                            Hello JDfense, from I understood you found out a way to overclock the CS 968 using some KK ROM with some KK kernls , can now put some light in this thread and post some steps some links for us to try also to replicate youre results in overclocking the cs968/cr11s .

Thnaks
                            Hello Rosty,

I can post you the overclocked kernels for a kitkat in the evening, but I'm not sure if you will like, what you get. Read my response about testing and you will see that this kitkat rom has some issues and maybe you will have trouble with booting complete like I had. It is for me still no final version.

Results from testing kitkat on cs968:

The kernel you need is in this post:

The working kernel is the download named RK3188T ap6210, but only for Version 2 cs968 tested.
                            The name is kernel_T_AP6210_HD.img

The rest of the ROM came from the Finless T428 ROM:

I suggest testing at first without overclocking. For sure your Model T will get hot and there is always the risk to kill your TV-Box with custom kernels. If you like to have a 720p instead, use the kernel_T_AP6210_SD.img version of the kernel. You have to use the right boot.img for 720p or 1080p from the finless ROM.

If someone can't wait, you can use this skript for overclocking the kernel.

You will get very much different kernels, but I think, you can forget the 1900MHz versions. They will never run stable. I recommend to use the 1600MHz versions, enough risk for passive cooling for me and you will have around 17500 antutu points.The ROM is not really faster than stock Jellybean for me, but it is kitkat.

And try this only, when you have some flashing ROM experience.

JDfense

Comment

Thank you JDfense . I have to a cs968 v2 with rk3188 T inside I will test with the normal KK kernel you sugested and once you will post the OC kernels I will give them a try to see what happens. I'M curious if i too will need the extra power from the OTG to get it boot all the way good thing that I have a lot of 5v charger to try it out in case needed. I will post my results as soon i get home .

Comment

Working...
                              X