Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello - I'm Newbie!

Hello Freaktab

I'm new and happy to be here. With a family and living on a budget i'm very interested in a XBMC device.

I think i will rate my self as a pro as i'm working on testing ROMS for Samsung Galaxy phones, however this android/xbmc journey is new for me

I want to ask a few questions and i hope this is the correct place:

1. My budget is 100$ for a new device and i have found "T-R42" and "K-R42". Is this the same device? Which one of them is newest. Cheapest place to buy this device is at geekbuying right?

2. I have also read postive things about a device named MiniX Neo X7, but is it overpriced?

My requirements is to watch 3D movies with DTS audio enabled in 1080 smoothly. I dont like laggy devices
    MiniX Neo X7
    57.14%
    T-R42 // K-R42 // RK3188T
    42.86%

Hi,
    T-R42 has bluetooth
    K-R42 No bluetooth
    Both have many revisions/clones.. however.. most have a rk3188 chip (only a few have a rk3188T)
    -but its a gamble as most resellers, dont advertise what the are selling (rev/what rk chip)

1080p.. well.. that depends on, bitrade, codec used, hwacc support, kernel used, videoplayer used
    -it takes alot of work, just look for feedback on freaktab (search 1080 kernel)

Dts.. only passthough
    X7 overpriced.. Yes (in my country you can buy 3 cs918 units for the price of 1 X7 unit)
    -but the have good longsupport for there devices

1080p - 3d movies and dts.. my advice would be.. dont buy a rk3188 unit
    -better would be amlogic m8

Cheers

Comment

Hmmm... Amlogic doesnt look like "updated" products. My requirements is 1080 .mkv with DTS sound, and i'm not able to find any that can play this smoothly

Comment

I'm not sure about rk3188 and 3D, but look for the devices with the most dev support.
        Look at the rom threads and comment and see what works. The devices are really useless without the developers here.
        I have an old mk802IV and it plays 1080p flawlessly thanks to sam's kernel and neo's rom.
        There are alternatives to rockchip:

http://cubox-i.com/ supports 3D
        Check their forums and ask about 3D and xbmc.

Comment

Originally posted by vkk View Post
          I'm not sure about rk3188 and 3D, but look for the devices with the most dev support.
          Look at the rom threads and comment and see what works. The devices are really useless without the developers here.
          I have an old mk802IV and it plays 1080p flawlessly thanks to sam's kernel and neo's rom.
          There are alternatives to rockchip:

http://cubox-i.com/ supports 3D
          Check their forums and ask about 3D and xbmc.
          Looks amazing with those specs 1.7GHz Quad-Core processor and 2GByte RAM

I thikn the cubix is a bit overpriced?

Comment

Actually I took a look at cubix and their GPU is very weak.
            Odroid uses exynos here it shows that rk3188 is stronger.
            Guess rockchip is the best choice for now. Just check the Rom threads see what works best for your needs.

Comment

Working...
            X