No announcement yet.

How I unbricked TV01 CS968 V3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to push in the reset button with a toothpick or something small while plugging in the usb to the unit. You don't need the power cord plugged in. Hold the reset in until you see either the green light come on in Rkbatchtool, or see the unrecognized usb pop up. then open device manager in windows and you should see an unrecognized usb device, right click on it and click update drivers and direct it to the folder that pertains to your pc operating system.

Comment

Hey, probably you readed my post before I deleted and wrote a new one..
      Procedure was ok, device was recognized as Rockusb device, I saw greenlight on bach tool, firmware loaded corectly, I pushed restore and flashing process done also sucessfully, BUT probably firmware was not the right one.
      Now device try to boots looping from penguins to logo and again from penguins to logo etc..
      I did not open box to look inside yet, but anyway I do not have other available firmware to check. Any advice?
      Thanks for your support

Comment

I would just try again to flash it might not have had a good flash even though it says so. I have had one stuck at the logo, then reflashed same firmware and it worked. I have flashed all the roms for the cs968 even the ones for other wifi chips and they all worked for me except one and I don't see that one here anymore. The only problem would be no wifi if wrong rom.

Comment

One of mine has the R-BOX logo and it is a MTK wifi chip. The only rom I found to work besides stock rom is
          ROOTED 8188_GT-19300_htc_t018_public_Mtk_20140127 HERE http://www.sendspace.com/file/4z0woo ....
          Thanks Tech1.

Comment

Well my friend, I tried another one firmware before yours but the same way reaction.
            At last yours was completely compatible to my device, all functions ok (also better than that I had, it is rooted and playstore installed). Great.
            You are God..
            Thanks God.. :-) :-)

Comment

Glad you got it going.

Comment

I still don't believe it.. I was expecting to spend some weeks to fix it..
                Anyway, is this rom compatible on other similar devices too? Do you know that? People on Greek forum asking about this.. :-)

Comment

It is compatible with cs968 with MTK wifi chip. Here is the latest rom for it, which is supposed to be even smoother. I am flashing it as we speak. MKT WiFi version - last 26/02/2014

Comment

This rom is very smooth, I love it. Again this is for the MTK model. And it is rooted.

Comment

Well, yesterday I saw this rom on this thread here "Official FW For CS968 Siqi Model (CR11s)", it is rooted, ok, but does this support Google play? Cause I am newbie and I don't know how to install..
                      I did it on my Android phone copying .APK fles in system/app but on TVBox I don't know if I'm able..
                      Thanks for information

Comment

Yes it supports google play. It is very smooth. You can also download apk files on your tv box and just click on them to install them, very easy. Just make sure you check Unknown sources in the security settings.

Comment

Well, man, thank you very much for all. I go to enjoy my regenerated TV Box now.
                          Thanks a lot.

P.S. The firmware above MKT WiFi version - last 26/02/2014 need password. What is the passord?

Comment

I didn't need a password for it I chose the netload one. It has a setting in settings/ screen/ HDMI Mode that you can change to 1080p. Awesome rom

Comment

When it asks for a security code type what you see in the box next to it.

Comment

I tried to extract files using Winrar and was ok, that one did not ask password, instead of 7zip which asked..
                                At last even on 7zip, I used any letters and password accepted.
                                Well, soon I will try this firmware, if it's so great as you say.Thanks man

Comment

Working...
                                X