X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most powerful!

Hello Gents.

After researching, reading and watching videos, i wanted to ask you guys:

My requirements is a XBMC that is powerfull enough playing .MKV files in 1080 in 3D with DTS sound . So all in all, i need a lot of power from the XBMC device it self.

What can you suggest me to buy? I am also interested this into being cheap as possible, and also i dont like laggy video/sound on those devices that i have read a lot about

Originally posted by OneUP View Post
    Hello Gents.

After researching, reading and watching videos, i wanted to ask you guys:

My requirements is a XBMC that is powerfull enough playing .MKV files in 1080 in 3D with DTS sound . So all in all, i need a lot of power from the XBMC device it self.

What can you suggest me to buy? I am also interested this into being cheap as possible, and also i dont like laggy video/sound on those devices that i have read a lot about
    If you have enough money i would go for a mini-pc with windows or linux instead of any of these devices. If not a raspberry pi because it has a decent GPU. You can build a decent mini-pc for 2000 dkr. The raspberry pi costs 3-400 dkr.
    I've got the rikomagic mk802iv, and i would not recommend this device until the developers has figured a way for it to play video without any lag.
    Held og lykke

Comment

Originally posted by morfarj View Post
      If you have enough money i would go for a mini-pc with windows or linux instead of any of these devices. If not a raspberry pi because it has a decent GPU. You can build a decent mini-pc for 2000 dkr. The raspberry pi costs 3-400 dkr.
      Held og lykke
      I've tried with different combinations of hardwares, but the price exeeds over 3000 DKK

Comment

The best android device I have is the MINIX x7 mini with Quickshop v2 overclocked, this runs well on xbmc,

BUT, my Rasberry PI, running OPENELEC, USB storage and over clocked to 1k runs better at 1080p, I stream 10 gig 1080-5.1 movies from my NAS and it never misses a beat... but I like the ANdroid device for the other programs on Android...

Comment

Originally posted by OneUP View Post
          I've tried with different combinations of hardwares, but the price exeeds over 3000 DKK
          If you want decent hardware, you are right.
          This is why you should go for the Raspberry PI. it's a very cheap device. BUT if you want to use it for downloading and unpacking movies, i believe that it is too slow. My mk802iv can't exeed 6 mbps lan transfer speeds (probably because of the nand being too slow), i am using a usb 2.0 lan adapter.
          And when i try to unpack a 10 gb movie locally it takes 30 mins +.

This means that i have to use a computer to download and unpack movies. Then transfer it to a SD-card, USB device or network storage to play it, and then i could instead of all this, just use my computer to play the movie. It is a pain in the ass.

Comment

Perhaps, the next versions like
            Allwinner a80, or AMD A57 or AMl M8/802 or Odroid or rk32xx

Comment

Working...
            X