Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet Browser for a desktop use (1080p)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Browser for a desktop use (1080p)

I'm looking for a desktop browser for android that will allow to go on internet and render the internet pages in a better way, to use my rk3188 like a desktop PC when I only need to go on internet, search informations, facebook etc.

All the android browser I have tried (internal browser, chrome, firefox, opera, and others, show everything "enlarged" but with a low definition, so is quite hard to use internet on a big display HD in this way..
    on a 28'' monitor I have the facebook icon 20cm long, the text is all big and smooth and the chrome tabs are big like a TV remote controller..

Any suggestion to improve the desktop use experience!?
    Thanks all in advance

Hi,
    Try :
    -settings/screen/font ( smaller )
    -a app called : lcd density ( change the resolution )

Cheers and goodluck

Comment

Strange situation..
      I set the font size to small but the situation didn't change significantly

I installed the app you say, but whet i try to set the pixel density to MAX, 300, after reboot the android aspect completely change!
      I now have two bars: left and right.. strange..

Like this but without the top and bottom bars

also chrome don't have no more tabs but a (+) button that allow you to access to a sliding selection page..

Comment

For web surfing, try Dolphin browser and set (under Tools/SETTINGS> ) "useragent" to Desktop. You might want to change that under your current browser and see if it is better. That will set rendering full web sites, instead of mobile format. As far the desktop and apps, have a look at Xposed framework (at xda-developers) and one of the Modules will let you tweak per-app DPI, like the ParanoidAndroid ROM. I haven't messed around with that yet, but look at the support forum.
        The module is called "App Settings".

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol..

LCD Density Explained
          http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-usage-tips-tricks/9444-lcd-density-explained.html

Cheers

Comment

sorry I have understand my error just after posting.. hahaha

ive tried many alternatives but ive understdand that the problem is;another.. dnt know where but neither the screen res, neither the browser..

probably just those firmwares, and os, just are not developed for this kind of use and the text and other things must be accepted as it is..

I HAVE a 1080p kernel but text and many things appears non clear, out of focus, with pixels merged..

ill try to make a screenshot to explain me better....:-) :-) for now, thank you :-)

Comment

error

Comment

two screenshot on the same monitor with android and pc

hope that it would be explain what I mean

for exemple, lines of alignment icons are not made by 1 pix ore multiples, but by 1 + half pixel merged that made the white space grey and seems out of focus, same for the text..

Comment

Puffin Browser

I use Puffin Browser on my Minix X7. It's incredibly fast, and runs more like a desktop browser than any I have seen on Android. It uses Amazons cloud servers. So flash player works without installing any plugins. The only thing that is sketchy is it is going through other servers.

I wouldn't do any online banking with it. I could be paranoid, but I don't do a lot in it that requires my passwords.

Comment

Working...
                  X