Polaroid 701i Home Button fizzled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaroid 701i Home Button fizzled

Can anyone tell me if this is a common occurrence. This tablet was a BigLots sale item and I added Market it to it via http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...laroi-pmid701/ . Things seemed good for a day or two. Then the Home button soft on the status bar and the hard button on the side doesn't work. It's only a week old.

Any fixes or suggestions would be welcome.
    Thank you.

strange thing to do but install any launcher from matket ics launcher is free and will do the trick once installed press home if it comes up with please choose home screen then it might just of been a settings issue choose launcher qnd check the defult box this should fix it if it is settings you can then uninstall ics launcher

ricky
    Ricky
    New here but learning something new everyday

Comment

It happened to me but I didnt figure out what caused it, the only thing that fixed it was a factory reset. I have a 701c so it sounds like its not unique to the android version so maybe we can rule that out

Comment

Originally posted by dangerousdee View Post
        Can anyone tell me if this is a common occurrence. This tablet was a BigLots sale item and I added Market it to it via http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...laroi-pmid701/ . Things seemed good for a day or two. Then the Home button soft on the status bar and the hard button on the side doesn't work. It's only a week old.

Any fixes or suggestions would be welcome.
        Thank you.

That same thing happened to me when I tried to use the fix from the Digital Reader. The tablet was also very sluggish. I did a factory reset and then used LiquidLimez's fix on this forum to load the Android Market (plus a few other nice things). The instructions are clear and it worked like a charm. The home button, hard and soft, works now as do all others, and things are running smoothly and quickly. Hope it works for you!

Comment

Anybody else have a fix besides a factory reset? thanks

Comment

cause

Turns out when you install the market fix it installs a launcher (well a fake launcher) that forces you to do the google sign in, if you accidentally open that launcher or execute it in any way that launcher disables the home key. The reason behind this is because Google intended this to run on initial startup on devices which were certified by them and came with GAPPS and prevent you from going to your home without first doing the setup. At the completion of the setup the fake google setup launcher re-enables your home.

You can confirm this because neither the software home button or hardware home buttons work if the above has happened.

The only solution is to either complete the setup (which on my device will not work since it won't let me click the android icon to enter setup), or install another launcher which might fix this using adb.

If you can possibly uninstall and then reinstall the stock browser that might fix it, or uninstall the google initial setup apk.

Comment

Button Savior - Puts a little icon on the side of your tablet for home button and back button.. Works great if no physical or software home button works.

Check it out if you don't wanna do a factory reset.

Comment

Working...
              X