RK3188T+MT5931SA+MT6622N help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okey View Post
    i have got the same stick and i cannot get wifi working.

I can get finless 1.6b to work with no picture problems / flashing but no wifi

I have tryed the kernel above and still no wifi

any ideas
    As I said with this kernel you could "virtually" install any rom developed for a RK3188 TV-Box. But not all.

My suggestion, try the original Rom from MKMutual and tell me.

Comment

yep, original rom posted works with wifi,

i have even extracted the kernel myself from the original rom using "RK3XXX firmware tools by sergiopoverony" and wifi will not work with a custom rom.

Comment

Originally posted by okey View Post
        yep, original rom posted works with wifi,

i have even extracted the kernel myself from the original rom using "RK3XXX firmware tools by sergiopoverony" and wifi will not work with a custom rom.
        Yes I tried,too. NO way to get wifi/bt working with kernel only. Seems to me that drivers are inside the rom not in the kernel...

Comment

I have a very similar situation except it's the RK3188 instead of the RK3188T

First let me start off by saying that this is my very first post so I hope I'm not breaking any rules with improper replies. I really appreciate a source of knowledge like this and the talent displayed when you guys put things together!

My issue is with this device that i purchased from amazon:

When i received this unit it was stuck at the R-BOX load screen. No matter what I did it wouldn't budge. I finally got it to boot up properly using the firmware .img file that MKMutual located. Thanks for that! Everything seemed normal but when I try to switch on wifi the system reboots. What was odd to me is that BT works. Actually everything works as far as I can tell except wifi.

I tried to locate roms and images for other tv sticks with the same hardware but that is not easy considering the RK3188 paired with the Mediatek MT5931sA+MT6622N. I have successfully flashed a few custom roms but none of them have working BT or wifi. I tried inserting the kernel extracted by d33 and still no working BT or wifi but i did get a bunch of glitches and reboots. I really want to be able to flash some of these killer roms created by guys like Finless and neomode. Any and all help would be appreciated!

Heres pics of my board:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0912-1-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	433162Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0917-1-1.jpg
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	433163Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0918-1-1.jpg
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	433164
          Last edited by superabuser; 03-04-2014, 14:19.

Comment

The only way to get wifi working with another rom is to build your own kernel, but it's too complicated for most people and you also need your stock GPIO pin values.

Then there are also files you need to change in system.img

Also need a stock boot.img or one with that Mediatek wifi settings included.

Then you also need to edit build.prop to use that wifi.

Mediatek wifi is a lot more complicated than Broadcom or Realtek where you can just change the *.ko files.
            I'm still struggling to get Mediatek MT7601U wifi working and no one seems to be able to help.

Comment

Comment

Picuntu 4.5

i habe the same stick and i want do install Picuntu 4.5.Have a People in a idea for me

Comment

This post has nothing to do with kernel development. I am moving this post to general TV stick area.

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Any updates on a kernel for picuntu??

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Comment

waiting for someone who has been successful with this trial, there may kindly.......

Comment

Working...
                      X