minix x5 compaired to the gbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the minix neo x5 i dont know much about the rom or flashing. I did how ever flash and load the 4.2.2. Whats the difference with these custom roms. Do you load them the. The 4.2.2.

I have been seeing the gbox on a satellite web site read........he clames its perfect with there custom soft wear.

Are there really any boxes that are way better......i have only owned the minix neo 5. Just curious of the differences out there........and who is the better box to own.

Oh and woukd the neo 5 run better in linix i saw long time ago you can put linix onto it

Originally posted by tbird686 View Post
    I have the minix neo x5 i dont know much about the rom or flashing. I did how ever flash and load the 4.2.2. Whats the difference with these custom roms. Do you load them the. The 4.2.2.

I have been seeing the gbox on a satellite web site read........he clames its perfect with there custom soft wear.

Are there really any boxes that are way better......i have only owned the minix neo 5. Just curious of the differences out there........and who is the better box to own.

Oh and woukd the neo 5 run better in linix i saw long time ago you can put linix onto it
    I have no issues with any of the minix boxes. They run 1080P Smooth as butter. You flash a custom rom the same way you installed 4.2.2 i assume that you did.
    The custom roms run better take out bloatware and just give you a true 1080P kernel.

The MX2 is a copy of the pivos box with a dual core rather then the single in the PIVOS. But the MX2 has been out forever and i never have liked it. It never has on any of the ones i have seen ever work like th minix boxes. Besides that the company who makes the MX2 offers no support and the boxes are cheaply built they are not well made like the minix and other boxes. I am playing with an x5mini right now works pretty well. Not full 1080P yet but all the other boxes do. And 1080P in XBMC for the mini will be around very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by tbird686 View Post

Cannot comment on the X5, but if it helps I have an X7 and a G-Box MX2 clone.

For games, browsing etc the X7 is the way to go - very fast .. BUT ..

If (like me) you want the full XBMC experience, then the MX2 blows the X7 out of the water - its a no brainer. Put quite simply - it works!

Check out the Minix X7 forums for disgruntled users and check out what Finless Bob (he builds custom ROMS) says here about AmLogic chipset & Rockchip

As someone here said before:-

Amlogic + XBMC = perfection

How true this is! Hope this helps
      Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever

Comment

Am logic doesn't support libatagefright and what kind of experience does mx2 give the x7 can't? Same android store. I love the x7. The mx2 only supports hardware acceleration by running Xbmc made for the pivos. Which sucks.
        My biggest issue though with mx2 is the company makes cheap boxes and I have had several customers who say they just don't last as long.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: minix x5 compaired to the gbox

Originally posted by ilovemymac View Post
          .... what kind of experience does mx2 give the x7 can't?..... Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
          (1) Far better colour - vibrant compared to the Rockchip devices.
          (2) Amlogic devices just work - end of.

I am fortunate to own both units & therefore can talk with experience of using both. As far as XBMC goes Amlogic kills RK devices dead!

WiFi on my X7 is awful - on my 2nd device - still just as bad. The MX2 clone "as is" ain't great (but better than the X7) - but with an external USB antenna it's brilliant.

The overall MX2 clone experience is very much better than anything that has a RK chipset as far as XBMC is concerned.

Just my 2c worth & based on owning & using both devices - not hearsay from others ;-)

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Wow I've had great experience with the x7 both wifi and just overall and the x5 as well.
            I hated the pivos slow as could be and I really couldn't tell a difference. I do like that amlogic has been more supportive of Xbmc vs RK. But minix seems to break that by opening up and working with Xbmc. I wish there were more amlogic boxes but there are so few.

Comment

Re: minix x5 compaired to the gbox

Wait until the new Quad core Amlogic devices hit the streets - 4k video support etc. Very exciting :-)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

You seem to be the only person who has issues with the neo x7. With the beyond Xbmc and quick shot rom it runs great. Now wifi I can't say much because wifi will never be as good as Ethernet.

I'll try an mx2 again we will see

Comment

Working...
                X