General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MINIX View Post
    Don't think it's possible, they're not even a member of these groups.
    At licensed dolby manufacturers I can't find one of them and at dts I can't find any information...

Are there exist some other links?

The only group I can find is the
    HDMI Licensing, LLC
    and there are both (Rockchip and Amlogic (http://www.amlogic.com/contact01.htm) ) member (or something like that)...

I think another argument against the RK3288 at the moment is, that no official announcement is available...
    1.) nobody knows who own the domain www.rk3288.com
    - http://domain-kb.com/www/rk3288.com
    - http://dnstoolkit.net/nslookup/rk3288.com
    - http://dnstoolkit.net/whois/www.rk3288.com
    2.) "Rockchip says the ARM Cortex-A17 ... features ARM Mali-T764 graphics"
    => "Consumer products based on A17 could launch as early as 2015" ???
    => "the Cortex-A17 processor is primed to bring the high-end performance levels of 2014 to next generation mid-range devices in 2015" ???

So I think it will be an A12...
    But what's about the 'ARM Mali T764' ??? ARM only know the T760 or at the moment...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      At licensed dolby manufacturers I can't find one of them and at dts I can't find any information...

Are there exist some other links?

The only group I can find is the
      HDMI Licensing, LLC
      and there are both (Rockchip and Amlogic (http://www.amlogic.com/contact01.htm) ) member (or something like that)...

I think another argument against the RK3288 at the moment is, that no official announcement is available...
      1.) nobody knows who own the domain www.rk3288.com
      - http://domain-kb.com/www/rk3288.com
      - http://dnstoolkit.net/nslookup/rk3288.com
      - http://dnstoolkit.net/whois/www.rk3288.com
      2.) "Rockchip says the ARM Cortex-A17 ... features ARM Mali-T764 graphics"
      => "Consumer products based on A17 could launch as early as 2015" ???
      => "the Cortex-A17 processor is primed to bring the high-end performance levels of 2014 to next generation mid-range devices in 2015" ???

So I think it will be an A12...
      But what's about the 'ARM Mali T764' ??? ARM only know the T760 or at the moment...
      True, no body knows who is the RK3288.com owner... even they don't reply emails. I'm guessing this domain is from Ugoos, because they don't look interested on publishing more RK3288 products than Ugoos. In my country "blanco y en botella".

By the way, I have a RK3288 board over my desk, but it's just for testing.
      Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

I published a comparison between BEELINK M8 / S82 vs M8 Box (square).

I think it's clear who worked more and which one is better: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...x-%28square%29
        Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Hi everyone

I am noob at mediaplayers like this one so i need your help. I installed xbmc gotham on my computer and everything works well while on my m8 s802 i cant get subtitles working. I choose right subtitle from subtitle site but it not showing while playback. Its working on computer but on this device with same version of xbmc i cant get it work. Any sugestions what it could be the cause?

thanks in advance
          Scorpion

Comment

Probably a dumb question

Hello,

It may sound as a dumb question but I just want to know.
            I own the mk808b, which I mainly use for XBMC, Netflix and Torrent Streaming.
            Is there any benefits of buying these new Amlogic boxes over the mk808 ? Is streaming actually better ?

Thank you!

Comment

Hi,

I have got my amlogic s802-h box today. I have opened the box to verify the hardware.
              Chip is not marked as 802-h but seller told that it supports Dolby and DTS HD HDMI pass through.
              I tried to upload board pictures to forum but getting message not valid image files . Board version marked as M9&M8_V0.92 .

Comment

Originally posted by nictus34 View Post
                Hi,

I have got my amlogic s802-h box today. I have opened the box to verify the hardware.
                Chip is not marked as 802-h but seller told that it supports Dolby and DTS HD HDMI pass through.
                I tried to upload board pictures to forum but getting message not valid image files . Board version marked as M9&M8_V0.92 .
                If ur seller is not geekbuying than u might got a fake,geekbuying will get the stock on the 13 of may.

Comment

Hi,

Maybe there is only one CPU S802.... S802-h is just about licensing, and it's activate with a software trick..

Comment

That' true, but every s802 do pass through... the s802-h also do DD/DTS hardware decoding...
                    (two totally different thinks) http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post170672

The pictures I've seen, there is the SoC printed with S802-H if it is a -H...

I think geekbuying will be the first dealer next week with the S802-H (maybe like the first 16GB/5GHz bulk he also completely ordered)...
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
                      Maybe there is only one CPU S802.... S802-h is just about licensing, and it's activate with a software trick..
                      Maybe dreams can be true... But I'm nearly sure this dream will never get true...
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Maybe dreams can be true... But I'm nearly sure this dream will never get true...
                        http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post175277
                        Indeed, i search about s802-h pictures, i have seen cpu s802 with H printed.
                        So 2 differents CPU for sure, but we will see how it works with first device soon.

For now with S802, only MX Player passthrough is missing.... (DTS/AC3 software decoding = DTS/AC3 hardware decoding IMO)

Comment

For now with S802, only MX Player passthrough is missing....
                          pass-through or downsizing/downgrading to stereo?
                          For downsizing/downgrading to stereo you have to use the codecs from XDA...

DTS/AC3 software decoding = DTS/AC3 hardware decoding
                          DTS/AC3 software decoding NOT like DTS/AC3 hardware decoding!
                          DTS/AC3 software decoding use the 'generell' part of the SoC with a spezial codec at the app...
                          DTS/AC3 hardware decoding use a 'spezial' part of the SoC without a spezial codec at the app but the app must know, how to use this 'spezial' part of the SoC...
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

pass-through or downsizing/downgrading to stereo?
                            For downsizing/downgrading to stereo you have to use the codecs from XDA...

DTS/AC3 software decoding NOT like DTS/AC3 hardware decoding!
                            DTS/AC3 software decoding use the 'generell' part of the SoC with a spezial codec at the app...
                            DTS/AC3 hardware decoding use a 'spezial' part of the SoC without a spezial codec at the app but the app must know, how to use this 'spezial' part of the SoC...
                            Passthrough.... I know xda codecs to plays dts/ac3 sounds. For now, mx player passthrough doesn't work with s802. I hope mx dev will develop tricks like xmbc to do that.

About soft/hard decoding, results is same... I can hear ac3/dts audio from my NAS movies played with xbmc. No?
                            Only thing, is about specific videos software like Netflix, ... No hardware decoding will be a problem, i presume.

Comment

For now, mx player passthrough doesn't work with s802. I hope mx dev will develop tricks like xmbc to do that.
                              I'm not really sure what XBMC do to passthrough (I read somethink about SW passthrough but maybe it only means the rockchip devices) and I don't know if you use the correct settings

(I think he means at KK) but if you use them and mx player passthrough also doesn't work, then the mx devs have to implement it in some of there next releases (SoC to new)...

1.) About soft/hard decoding, results is same... I can hear ac3/dts audio from my NAS movies played with xbmc. No?
                              2.) Only thing, is about specific videos software like Netflix, ... No hardware decoding will be a problem, i presume.
                              1.) Yes (but I think XBMC never will support HW) and 2.) I also think yes...
                              BTW:
                              The benefit of SW decoding against HW is, that the SW maybe more tolerant at only near standard samples, because HW is HW and not changeable...
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

... from my NAS movies played ...
                                BTW:
                                Because I'm waiting for my -H, I'm not the crack at XBMC and at rk3188 I can use kernel which supports NFS (mounting by initd script), if your nas also use NFS, how to you handle it at XBMC (maybe without cashing, maybe as a mount)?
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Working...
                                X