General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by munta View Post
    I asked hem if the M8 Support bypass through HDMI ,and the answer was yes it support DOLBY true HD and DTS HD bypass through HDMI

So here is the deal with this.

Dolby True HD and DTS HD are what you get on BluRay disks. Also included on the disk are an AC3 track or DTS or both. People usually just keep the AC3 or DTS, no-one ever keeps the HD tracks as they are harder to play due to codec and hardware limitations. Even if the disk doesn't have AC3 or DTS the HD variants are converted/downgraded.

What we need to have pass through for is Dolby AC3 and DTS..... notice the missing "HD" and "True"....

As of right now no-one encodes their MKV's with HD tracks, they either keep the DTS or AC3 from the BlueRay or transcode it.

So even if they do have the "HD" pass through it's no good to us unless you want to re-encode your entire collection from Dolby AC3 or DTS to the HD variants. No thank you.

Comment

For those interested, I've downloaded the KK kernel & uboot source code for M6/M8 that were released last week, I've organize them (following the CNX site write up), fixed the makefiles/Kconfigs to accommodate most customer builds and pushed it into a single tar ball. What a kind man I am!

Download here
      Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
      Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
      Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
      Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
      CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
      Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
      RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
        For those interested, I've downloaded the KK kernel & uboot source code for M6/M8 that were released last week, I've organize them (following the CNX site write up), fixed the makefiles/Kconfigs to accommodate most customer builds and pushed it into a single tar ball. What a kind man I am!

Download here
        Slightly off topic but have you seen this post?:

Comment

Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by fatfreddiescat View Post
          Slightly off topic but have you seen this post?:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ow-under-linux
          Lol, how do you define slightly? Completely off topic I'd say.

But yes hw acceleration on Linux has been achieved. AFAIK, no hw acceleration in xbmc on Linux though.

Signature? Signature!

Comment

Originally posted by JugsteR View Post
            Lol, how do you define slightly? Completely off topic I'd say.

But yes hw acceleration on Linux has been achieved. AFAIK, no hw acceleration in xbmc on Linux though.

Signature? Signature!
            Funny that it is but isnt off topic.

As wel all know or should know that Android is Linux. Just like any Linux distro it has stuff removed and stuff added. Dev's can code natively or Java their choice.

As for XBMC and hardware acceleration it all comes back to the fact that XBMC is totally open source and the drivers for the graphics on almost all units shipped are not. So the XBMC devs cannot rip them open to fix things and cannot bundle them or link them VIA XBMC.

If we had open source graphics drivers then we would be set.

Oh and Android has 98% hardware accelerated 2D and 3D graphics it's just the whole open source thing that gets in the way....

Ok back on topic!!

Comment

Ooh dear... me Nooo
              -the pre-sale dates have changed... from 28-03 to 28-04

Also the one I ordered.. sztomoto is no-longer being listed/sold at geekbuying..
              -whats-up eric/geekbuying?

Comment

I believe that, in response to seeing the Tronsmart S89 Vega, they changed their minds about the spec and had to test with the new wifi+bluetooth chipset - so added and improved functionality, inevitably knocking back production dates a little.

Comment

I asked hem if the M8 Support bypass through HDMI ,and the answer was yes it support DOLBY true HD and DTS HD bypass through HDMI
                  that's impossible, this is the chip that will support, take a look

Click image for larger version

Name:	minix802h_small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	433303Click image for larger version

Name:	support list.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	433304
                  conventional S802 has no way to be hacked to support. you need the H
                  Last edited by MINIX; 03-19-2014, 08:22.

Comment

¡Página No Encontrada! 404 Lo sentimos, pero no podemos encontrar la página que estabas buscando. Mientras tanto, prueba una de estas opciones: Ir a la Página Anterior Ir al Inicio Usa nuestro buscador para encontrar el contenido

You forget.. the good news... Minix is going for amlogic s802

--
                    Just wondering
                    But the ones how pre-ordered a unit...that got delayed
                    What chip will these hold?
                    --
                    I ordered the 'sztomato' thats nolonger listed on geekbuying
                    Will this still be delivered.. or not.. what time frame
                    -or does it get replaced by a simulair unit or do i get refunded
                    Why did i not get a e-mail notice.. with options or info?

Anyway cheers

Comment

Tronsmart Prometheus Amlogic M6 Dual Core Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean TV Box 1GB RAM 4GB

ROM 1.5GHz CPU Wifi 3D XBMC (Black)

Price: $149.98 ---> $95.49 & FREE Shipping
                      Save: $54.49 (36%)

Comment

Originally posted by alamhock View Post
                        Edited out by reddragon72

You need to delete your post man!

What you posted has nothing to do with the AmLogic S802 chipset that this entire thread is about.
                        Last edited by reddragon72; 03-19-2014, 18:14.

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
                          You need to delete your post man!

What you posted has nothing to do with the AmLogic S802 chipset that this entire thread is about.
                          taken care of
                          freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                            These have the same CPU as the one in the Onda V975m. I'm considering purchasing one and so the source being available is really getting me interested.

Eric!!!!!!!! Get D33 a box as he will be one of the main guy finding and presenting solutions to issues as they come up for this product.... well worth the shipping costs.... he should have had the beta as well....

Glad to see that Minix going with amilogic too. Hopefully rockchip gets a kick in balls for the stunt they pulled with the 3188T chip i for one i am looking forward to this platform if not for anything my fricking shipping costs on returns for crap product.
                            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kenofstephen View Post
                              that's impossible, this is the chip that will support, take a look

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5741[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5742[/ATTACH]
                              conventional S802 has no way to be hacked to support. you need the H
                              thx a lot for the info ,i hate when they claim things which they are not sure of , both companies s89 and m8 were very sure of that the s802 will support pass-through Dolby and dts ,i talked to both of them actually i thought that they hacked it .

Comment

thx a lot for the info ,i hate when they claim things which they are not sure of , both companies s89 and m8 were very sure of that the s802 will support pass-through Dolby and dts ,i talked to both of them actually i thought that they hacked it .
                                no hack, unlike the old dual core era, it requires a different chip to work now.
                                amlogic officially confirmed S802 can't be hacked to support the features.
                                as a result of huge pressure from both dolby and dts, they could no longer leaving the backyard open like before.
                                lousy companies are telling lies all the time, just like selling the 3188T as if they were 3188.
                                it's too late when you got it.

Comment

Working...
                                X