UT1 Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT1 Kernel

Need some testers, here is a kernel that solved the reboot problem for me....

Please leave some feed back..

southpole

Cheers. Will try it and report back as soon as I get the chance. What rom are you running it with?

Comment

Originally posted by SLHQC View Post
      Cheers. Will try it and report back as soon as I get the chance. What rom are you running it with?
      I have tested on a few, short term, currently testing with finless 1.8.

southpole

Comment

Originally posted by southpole View Post
        I have tested on a few, short term, currently testing with finless 1.8.

southpole
        Same here. Currently watching a 1080p movie streamed via WiFi from an external USB drive attached to my windows computer. DTS sound and smooth playback with this combo.

I am yet to have a system crash on finless 1.8 and this kernel seems to jive nicely with it.

What kernel is this? Did you cook it yourself?

Comment

Need some testers, here is a kernel that solved the reboot problem for me....

Please leave some feed back..

southpole

Thanks very much for the new kernel. I will try with wasser 1.24
          Have you a kernel I can try with Wasser KitKat. The Kernel included in wasser zip reduces my internet speeds on wifi and ethernet.

Comment

I wish I could cook....one day

I had a new box that would reboot shortly after playing a video...thought it was a hardware issue...

They send me new firmware image, the 12 13...which corrected the issue...

I depackage the image which is where the kernel is from...stock kernel

I have to thank everyone for this...love to test and learn...

southpole

Comment

I wish I could cook....one day

I had a new box that would reboot shortly after playing a video...thought it was a hardware issue...

They send me new firmware image, the 12 13...which corrected the issue...

I depackage the image which is where the kernel is from...stock kernel

I have to thank everyone for this...love to test and learn...

southpole
              Ah, cool. Still working well here. I'm 99% happy with my UT1 now. If only I could get decent streaming quality on Netflix it would be 100%. Netflix needs to get their cat together and provide an app that's optimised for large screens.

Comment

Originally posted by SLHQC View Post
                Ah, cool. Still working well here. I'm 99% happy with my UT1 now. If only I could get decent streaming quality on Netflix it would be 100%. Netflix needs to get their cat together and provide an app that's optimised for large screens.
                Good to hear and thanks for the feed back...

Also happy with the UT1...

Cheers
                southpole

Comment

Good to hear and thanks for the feed back...

Also happy with the UT1...

Cheers
                  southpole

Still getting that occasional no-sound phenomenon where I have to cycle the output devices setting after booting up the unit...

Plus, now that I have had a chance to throw a few more 1080p movies at it, I find that with some, it isn't 100% smooth. It's a bit juddery, particularly during slow panning shots. Doesn't happen with 720p stuff... but I can live with that for now.

Still, haven't had a freeze/reboot at all on this combo. It'd be nice if someone with a bigger brain than me could use the Finless NeoX7 rom and this kernel as a starting point for a slick dedicated UT1 package...

Looking forward to seeing what wasser comes up with in his latest recipe.

Comment

ill try this next week

Comment

guys, isn't that exactly the same kernel as Riley's? He mentioned he is using stock and made no modifications, also the are identical in size...

And btw, how did you guys get surround to work? I tested 1.6, 1.8 and various kernels and it never works...

Comment

I tried this kernal with wasser 1.24. Ethernet does not work. Wifi works, but on a speed test my speed it reduced from 5mb to 2.4mb.

Comment

Originally posted by Geenyous View Post
                          guys, isn't that exactly the same kernel as Riley's? He mentioned he is using stock and made no modifications, also the are identical in size...

And btw, how did you guys get surround to work? I tested 1.6, 1.8 and various kernels and it never works...
                          I had a feeling it was the same kernel. In any case it or very stable.

Surround has to be supported by the app l think... The stick video player does, as does plex. If I recall correctly xbmc doors also but I'm not a fan of it and it is a bit flaky so I haven't really used it much.

Comment

Originally posted by givecredit View Post
                            I tried this kernal with wasser 1.24. Ethernet does not work. Wifi works, but on a speed test my speed it reduced from 5mb to 2.4mb.
                            Reflashed with finless 1.8 and this kernel and all good so far. Ethernet and Wifi all good..

Comment

Originally posted by Geenyous View Post

It is not the same kernel...

Test the ethernet speed and wifi to Riley's you will see...

It maybe close too it..

southpole

Comment

Working...
                              X