External microphone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External microphone?

Anybody get a USB microphone or headset to work?

Originally posted by Hamloaf View Post
    Anybody get a USB microphone or headset to work?
    I have tried two different Logitech models. No luck. It won't even turn on the light on them.
    Jim
    ---
    Ainol Novo 7 Elf II Dual Core
    Milestone (Droid) - Chevy SS GB ROM
    Milestone X - Rooted Stock GB ROM

Comment

I noticed a microphone on mine but no program to record on it. My Polaroid mp3 player has a mic and a feature to record MP3's. I wondered if the mic on the tablet was for that but I don't see any mp3 recording program on there. Been wondering about that/
      Tablets: Polaroid PMID 701i, PMID 4311, Zeki 10" tablet

"God Loves You"- Arlo Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by cherylharrell1961 View Post
        I noticed a microphone on mine but no program to record on it. My Polaroid mp3 player has a mic and a feature to record MP3's. I wondered if the mic on the tablet was for that but I don't see any mp3 recording program on there. Been wondering about that/
        We were actually discussing whether or not a usb mic/headset would work. The built in microphone actually works quite well for recording, but it is not efficient for stuff such as Skype calling. It is omni directional and picks up EVERYTHING in the environment. It would be very nice to be able to attach a mixer/microphone and keep it controlled.
        Jim
        ---
        Ainol Novo 7 Elf II Dual Core
        Milestone (Droid) - Chevy SS GB ROM
        Milestone X - Rooted Stock GB ROM

Comment

Thanks so much for the info. I bet you have to download a program that uses the mic in order to use it.
          Tablets: Polaroid PMID 701i, PMID 4311, Zeki 10" tablet

"God Loves You"- Arlo Guthrie

Comment

this sparked my interest, so i just spent the last 30 minutes searching around for any info on getting a USB mic to work with android and I couldn't find one single forum post or anything where anyone on the internet has gotten this to work. It seems like something that should be able to be done, especially with the amount of android fanboys out there that are hacking away at this OS constantly on a daily basis.

It is something I will continue to keep an eye out for as well.
            Polaroid PMID701i 13
            Stock Rom from S.T.'s site
            Fully rooted
            Google's Market installed

Comment

Working...
            X