The unsolved CX919 II question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The unsolved CX919 II question

Hi all! I recently bought an MK809III which has turned out to be a CX919 II. You can easily tell it apart by the "
    2013-06-17 CYXTECH RK3188 909 V1_1
    " writing on the pcb.

As you all know, it has some big compatibility issues with all of the custom roms around, so I took some time to research on it and found out that there are 2 versions of this TV stick, they are exactly the same when you look at them, but their stock roms are different:

These 2 roms work with my fake MK809III:
    This is the original it came with and is not rooted: cx919ii_rk3188_dongle_ap6210_131226.img
    This one is perfectly compatible and is stock-rooted: Update_bt919_rk3188_dongle_ap6210_131123.img

This one seems to be for the same CX919II version, but WiFi and BT don't work on my CX919II:
    cx-919-rk3188t-4.2-4329-20131225.img

All of those roms are for RK3188-T and Ap6210, but the last one simply doesn't work.
    Of course, as usual, none of those work fine at 1080p resolution...

None of the custom roms or kernels I have found over here and on the internet work with this TV stick, so I assume there is some work yet to be done...

See this thread. I have a J22 with the same PCB identification. The Quickshot ROM works, and Neomode's ROM works with the Quickshot kernel.
    MK808 w/Omegamoon kernel, CWM recovery, & Finless 1.7 ROM

Comment

No way...

Originally posted by exglynco View Post
      See this thread. I have a J22 with the same PCB identification. The Quickshot ROM works, and Neomode's ROM works with the Quickshot kernel.
      Hi Exglynco. Sorry, already tried: Quickshot rom works, but no Wifi and BT, so i guess its kernel is not compatible with my CX 919II. As I said before, I suspect there are two different devices around with the same pcb and writing on it...

I'm now modding the original rom (4 GB Apps partition, some debloating, some other Apps preinstalled, etc.) but I'm still searching for better roms to use as a base for my mods.

Comment

OK, Frankenstein Rom Works :-)

OK guys, I have just managed to make it work: I flashed an hybrid rom using the original
        - boot.img
        - kernel.img
        - misc.img
        - recovery.img
        - RK 3188 Loader 1.24
        from the original rom my stick came with: cx919ii_rk3188_dongle_ap6210_131226.img

- my custom parameter file with 4GB Apps space

And the system.img file from: MK802IV_NEWWIFI_720p_NEOTVCROM_1_3_20130809

It seems to work flawlessly at 720p: no flickering, wifi and bt OK.
        I'm gonna make some more tests, though.

Comment

Thanks. That's informative.
          MK808 w/Omegamoon kernel, CWM recovery, & Finless 1.7 ROM

Comment

Another one working.

Just tried with the same as above, but system.img from: neotvcr_21_mk809III_beta
            It works fine. Now testing Neocr 1.9a as soon as I finish downloading it.
            Of course, sticking to original kernel means no overclock.

Comment

Just tested ncr19a_mk809 system.img: keeps rebooting, no joy...

Comment

Originally posted by h999 View Post
                ...This is the original it came with and is not rooted: cx919ii_rk3188_dongle_ap6210_131226.img...
                Can u upload that firmware somewhere, for example to Mega https://mega.co.nz/ ?

....This one seems to be for the same CX919II version, but WiFi and BT don't work on my CX919II: cx-919-rk3188t-4.2-4329-20131225.img...
                This firmware is for the cx 919 without ii. It only has 1 antenna instead of 2.
                cx-919ii

Comment

Originally posted by Max One View Post
                  Can u upload that firmware somewhere, for example to Mega https://mega.co.nz/ ?

This firmware is for the cx 919 without ii. It only has 1 antenna instead of 2.
                  The stock firmware is already on mega (not uploaded by me, i found it there):
                  <https://mega.co.nz/#!LAZF0Cja!Ekkgjz3l2qbbnwNp9NvDtVogbP8fkBAnvaV8-aO2JcY>

My stick has no external antenna, it's disguised as an MK809III. The pcb is the same as some CX 919 and CX919II, with two spots where antennas are connected. Mine has only one spot connected and an internal little metallic board for antenna.

Comment

The stock firmware is already on mega (not uploaded by me, i found it there):
                    <https://mega.co.nz/#!LAZF0Cja!Ekkgjz3l2qbbnwNp9NvDtVogbP8fkBAnvaV8-aO2JcY>

My stick has no external antenna, it's disguised as an MK809III. The pcb is the same as some CX 919 and CX919II, with two spots where antennas are connected. Mine has only one spot connected and an internal little metallic board for antenna.
                    I have the same board as you in my GM282 (aka J22 aka CX 919 II). I was able to get KK Rom by Finless working with latest bootloader from here and Wifi/BT working with D33's KK kernel for J22 (AP6210).

Couple of minor issues..but happy overall!
                    Attached Files
                    Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
                    CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
                    GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
                      I have the same board as you in my GM282 (aka J22 aka CX 919 II). I was able to get KK Rom by Finless working with latest bootloader from here and Wifi/BT working with D33's KK kernel for J22 (AP6210).

Couple of minor issues..but happy overall!
                      How did you open up the case?

Comment

Working...
                      X