Weak WI-FI Signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weak WI-FI Signal

I have a issue i wanna bring to you guys for suggestions. I currently recieve my internet service thru a local company and the way that i recieve it is thru a very small wireless modem that is afixed to my window and it in turn picks up a signal from local area company owned antennas, my hard wired connection to my computer (Cat5e from the modem) works just fine, however the wireless signal on my 10G2 is Poor (Im only getting one bar on my tablet, and two bars on my Laptop). Does anyone have any suggestions on how i could boost my wi-fi in my home so that the signal on my 10G2 is stronger(dowloading apps sometimes can be a chore.) Should i try a signal booster maybe? Any suggestions? Thanks guy's!

Originally posted by anthonycar9 View Post
    I have a issue i wanna bring to you guys for suggestions. I currently recieve my internet service thru a local company and the way that i recieve it is thru a very small wireless modem that is afixed to my window and it in turn picks up a signal from local area company owned antennas, my hard wired connection to my computer (Cat5e from the modem) works just fine, however the wireless signal on my 10G2 is Poor (Im only getting one bar on my tablet, and two bars on my Laptop). Does anyone have any suggestions on how i could boost my wi-fi in my home so that the signal on my 10G2 is stronger(dowloading apps sometimes can be a chore.) Should i try a signal booster maybe? Any suggestions? Thanks guy's!
    Have you any other device you can test the signal on - that way you can see if it's the modem or the tablet.
    If not you can check to see what other wireless channels are in use - try 'Wifi Manager' it's in the Play store :

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by anthonycar9 View Post
      The Arnova is only b/g capable so you are not going to benefit from the latest n standard in wireless which has a greater range etc. If your laptop is n compatible than that would improve on that, however you need a wireless n wireless router to see any difference. The best wireless router to get would be a dual band 5GHz to get the greatest speed and coverage, but the wireless card needs to support dual band or you will only get the standard n which is half as fast.

You should try changing the band that your router is on. Install a program on your Pc that scans all the wireless devices in your area and will tell you if other people are on the same band as you, if they are than change your band to one that is unused by going into your router settings.

I think there is also a program on the market called WiFi booster that may help your tablet.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
      Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
      <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
      <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
      </form>

Comment

Working...
      X