problems flashing 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems flashing 1.5

ok so for some reason my pc decides today it will recognize the tablet so i get everything ready to flash now the image flash tool says no rock device found tried puttin tab in recovery like 5 or 6 times nothing everything else is fine pc says found new hardware for arnova10bg2 everything its like the tablet wont go in recovery yet when i put it in recovery i have to push the reset to start it back up but when i had superuser issues and put it in recovery after bringing it out the startup wizard was active like i had just flashed the tablet im stumpped ive looked on here for such issues i cant find them i guess mainly from frustration . so any suggestions???now when i attempt to put it in recovery and then hit reset nothing is any different when it comes back on its like i just only turned it off..
    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
    ok so for some reason my pc decides today it will recognize the tablet so i get everything ready to flash now the image flash tool says no rock device found tried puttin tab in recovery like 5 or 6 times nothing everything else is fine pc says found new hardware for arnova10bg2 everything its like the tablet wont go in recovery yet when i put it in recovery i have to push the reset to start it back up but when i had superuser issues and put it in recovery after bringing it out the startup wizard was active like i had just flashed the tablet im stumpped ive looked on here for such issues i cant find them i guess mainly from frustration . so any suggestions???now when i attempt to put it in recovery and then hit reset nothing is any different when it comes back on its like i just only turned it off..
    Really sorry for you man. What I will say won't feel you good I fear, but I have seen some failures like this before, and each time I had to send my arnova back to support, and it was exchanged in the end.

I had 3 tabs dead afrer flashing, due to a bad NAND memory. 2 of them died directly from 1st flash. Another flashed well the first time but died on the second one.

Hardware from arnova is really shitty. They have no quality control at all...
    On the other hand they are not really picky on why it fails. They know it can fail, and if you only say it falis when you tried flashing the original firmware as advised on the site, they will replace your tab, and you will have a 50% chance to get a good tab.

I may be wrong, but it's what I experienced (got 3 broken tabs before I got a really good one)

Comment

Ok maybe my statements are unclear, my tablet is great, I'm not having any operating issues. Its just now im trying to flash from bobs 1.4 to 1.5,but its like now the tablets not really going into recoverry mode. The pc sees the device. But the flash tool doesn't seem to. I'm stumped.

Comment

Ok maybe my statements are unclear, my tablet is great, I'm not having any operating issues. Its just now im trying to flash from bobs 1.4 to 1.5,but its like now the tablets not really going into recoverry mode. The pc sees the device. But the flash tool doesn't seem to. I'm stumped.
        Try putting your tab into recovery from been switched off, and don't plug it into your Pc until you see the screen go black.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
        Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
        <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
        <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
        <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
        https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
        </form>

Comment

Ok, so if that is just your problem, I understand too
          It took me some time to get it right. Those tabs flash mode (it is flash mode and not recovery in fact) is a bit tricky to reach.
          Read the readmy files well again and again and you will get it.
          For me what works. Press volume up for 5 sec then hold it and press reset for 5sec. Then release everything.

Comment

I dont hold anything really for that long and trust I do a lot of flashing.

What I do is hold volume up, then I hit the reset pin hole for like 1 second max! Then while holding volume up I wait until I hear Windows BONG then I release volume up. If you hold volume up too long, it will enter a sudo ADB recovery mode and windows will tell you drivers are not loaded (unless you also have loaded the ADB drivers).

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

that would seem to be the issue i had done a few times with no problem like when i flashed 1.4 and withnthe superuser issue i usually hold volume up press reset for like 5 sec then hold volume for maybe 5 more sec then let go and viola . but its being a real ahole this time ill keep ya posted . ill try to do it like you said bob thanks guys sometime the simpilist stuff can drive you bonkers

Comment

how about this

ok once again i attempt to flash 1.5 now i attach usb cable to tablet i put in flash mode pc bongs tablet has made it noise showing usb connected device manager showed arnova 10bg2 then shows usb device when tablet goes to flash mode rk29update tool says no found android rock usb i tried this like 3 time each time pc recognizes tablet im doing everything like when i flashed 1.4 i had no issues then so what the hey??????????

Comment

OK try this from scratch. And I hope you have not jacked around with drivers on your PC. As once they are installed YOU NEVER NEED TO DO IT AGAIN EVER!

1) Have the tablet powered up and at the desktop
                  2) Plug in the power cable
                  3) Plug in the USB cable. Yes Windows may bong at this time.
                  4) Hold volume up!
                  5) Hit the reset pin hole for 1 second or less WHILE holding volume up.
                  6) Wait till windows BONGs... If you hold volume up more than about 5 seconds and windows doesnt BONG, then windows is somehow jacked up or your PC is just too freakin SLOW at seeing hardware changes! If you hold volume up too long you will go into ADB mode not flash mode! So hold volume up for a MAX of 5 seconds and release... MAYBE IF YOUR LUCKY... and if windows has not bonged in 5 seconds, it will catch up and bong in later in time after releasing volume up.. AGAIN... do not hold volume up too long or you will not be in flash mode!

If this does not work... sorry to tell you, your A) still not doing it right, B) your PC drivers are hosed after many attempts and reinstalling them, C) hardware is jacked (remove all other USB devices and see if that helps), or worst case, D) your tablet s jacked up.

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

thanks bob

Ok,I will try just as you say,I really appreciate your response hey even if something has went Frankenstein crazy ive at least got a tablet that runs great on your 1.4 rom so I'm not complaining. So once again thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X