Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just need to restore my Roboto fonts. Nextbook 8HD

Good afternoon,

Having a problem with my Nextbook 8HD. I had it rooted, and was using a program called Font Changer which basically replaces system fonts with one which you choose. Well apparently I somehow chose a font it didn't like and now it won't boot. I've tried downloading various Roboto font flashing zips throughout the web but when I try to use shaunmt's modified recovery to flash it I keep getting "Installation aborted" and the Android in the background dies with a warning triangle... All I need to do is restore the system fonts, I think that's why it's not booting. What can I do??

Originally posted by Sumphlet View Post
    Good afternoon,

Having a problem with my Nextbook 8HD. I had it rooted, and was using a program called Font Changer which basically replaces system fonts with one which you choose. Well apparently I somehow chose a font it didn't like and now it won't boot. I've tried downloading various Roboto font flashing zips throughout the web but when I try to use shaunmt's modified recovery to flash it I keep getting "Installation aborted" and the Android in the background dies with a warning triangle... All I need to do is restore the system fonts, I think that's why it's not booting. What can I do??
    You are probably correct about replacing the fonts. The modified 3e recovery (if properly installed on the external SD card) will only flash packages signed with google test keys. The packages you've tried probably either aren't signed correctly, or have an updater script that isn't compatible with the Nextbooks.

You might have better luck with CWM recovery. Also, you could always flash the stock ROM. Just remember that there are two different versions of the Next8HD8G. The files that are currently available are for the model with ro.product.board=NXM8000ND_WM in the build.prop.

I just sent out a CWM version today for private beta testing for the models with ro.product.board=NXM8000NBD_WMN. This version should be released publicly within days, with a stock ROM quickly following.

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Thank you for the reply, Shaun.

I believe I have the newer model (WMN) and I could not use your CWM recovery so I guess I will have to wait until it is released along with the ROM so I can flash it. Probably best to start from scratch anyways.

Thanks again.

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      You are probably correct about replacing the fonts. The modified 3e recovery (if properly installed on the external SD card) will only flash packages signed with google test keys. The packages you've tried probably either aren't signed correctly, or have an updater script that isn't compatible with the Nextbooks.

You might have better luck with CWM recovery. Also, you could always flash the stock ROM. Just remember that there are two different versions of the Next8HD8G. The files that are currently available are for the model with ro.product.board=NXM8000ND_WM in the build.prop.

I just sent out a CWM version today for private beta testing for the models with ro.product.board=NXM8000NBD_WMN. This version should be released publicly within days, with a stock ROM quickly following.

ShaunMT

Comment

Working...
      X