Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help flashing parameters (RK3066 tablet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help flashing parameters (RK3066 tablet)

I have an Ematic EGP008 from which I made full backups of all partitions. I think the NAND got corrupted when I was tinkering with the reset button on the back now it won't boot and just displays the Ematic logo.

I can get the tablet into MaskRom mode by holding the back button in and plugging in the USB cable but despite flashing all backups back to the device with linux rkflashtool it still wont boot. (RKAndroid tool complains of flash failure and won't format IDB - Erase IDB-NAND failed) I also notice that I cannot retrieve the parameters using 'rkflashtool p' (it complains that the disk is full) - I have a backup of the parameters data in a text file and I'm wondering if I need to reflash this and if so, how? If not, is there something else I can do to this device to diagnose the issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

So I've tried different cables, PCs, operating systems and flashing tools with no success. I did find a tool to flash the parameters file which I think would work but I notice that every image I try to retrieve from the tablet with rkflashtool is full of zeroes making me think that rkflashtool is not working and not returing any errors.

Does anyone know if I tried flashing another RK3066 tablet image to the device using RKBatchtool would possibly clear this flashing deadlock or is it more likely my NAND is pooched?

Comment

[Solved] RK3066 Tablet NAND Brick

After almost giving up I tried one more USB cable and managed to find a RK3066Loader.bin which after a couple of tries flashed correctly. My guess is that MaskRom mode is fussier than other flashing modes due to being at a lower level or my NAND was somehow 'sticky' and several attempts freed it up. Once the machine was in RKAndroid flash mode everything flashed correctly so the moral of the story (as so many have said) is:

Use good quality USB cables
      Try different PCs
      Try a mix of Linux/Windows tools

If you can get into MaskRom then there is a good chance your device is recoverable with some voodoo

If anyone is interested I now have a complete recovery (including bootloader) for the EGP008 tablet

Comment

Working...
      X