Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New firmware for Tronsmart CX-919 and Rooting problem

Hey guys,

First of all, sorry if i post about this problem again after someone else, but actually, i searched it, and couldn't find what i wanted.

My problem is that i can't root my device:

- I have a Tronsmart CX-919 (version 2, i think, it is written on the mainboard)
    (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post135770)

- I have installed the latest known stock firmware on it from blog.geekbuying.com (http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ering-problem/) and works without flickering, which was a quite big problem i/we had previously. And the wifi works by me with this firmware quite nice too. So i would like to keep this rom.

- I would like to root this rom, which won't work with the linked root tool from blog.geekbuying.com (http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...core-tv-stick/)

- I have installed the rockchip driver from the root tool post or from here either (http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...download-here/), and works both like a charm, when i want to install a new custom rom or stock firmware. PC detects my device and i can work with it.

- But can't work with Android Debug Bridge (adb.exe). It can't find my device. When i try to use the above mentioned root tool (the batch file), it wants to use adb to pass apks to my device and execute commands on it, to make the root access.
    But it can't do it, because adb.exe says: error: device not detected.

- I think, it's something with the driver, actually with the android usb driver, which i found while i was looking for a solution on the internet. I have edited it(the android_winusb.inf from the android usb driver) several times without success so far, but i could already install it. I mean, i installed the google android usb driver on my PC to detect my device as some Android device, but adb still can't communicate with it. I think i did it wrong(the editing), or i don't know. I used the hardware informations from Device manager on Windows.(but there's a lot, maybe i edited with wrong infos or not enough)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

matt

Anyways, i have tried to root my device on 3 different machines: 2 of them had Windows 7 64 bit, and one with Windows XP. Same problem on all after installing the rockchip driver.

I connected my device through micro usb while pushing the FN button. I tried once the DC usb port as well, because i thought, maybe i was doing it wrong. (i don't understand why is it necessary to turn on the USB debugging at Developer options if the device will be shut down; or is its operating system running while it is connected to the PC through the micro usb which is not for charging?) [NVM it was a bad idea, happened nothing]

I'm pretty sure now that the problem is that ADB can't see my device, even though it is connected and installed with the rockchip driver, because it's not good for ADB, i think.

I tried as well several external applications to install the driver for my device: Pdanet, moborobo, etc.
    No success.

Any idea? Someone else's having the same problem? Or is it just me?

Comment

I didnt know about this version.... hope we have a finless edition soon so we get a prerooted one.
      Last edited by Chachotio; 02-27-2014, 00:58. Reason: typo

Comment

Same problem here

Originally posted by m6tth3w View Post
        Anyways, i have tried to root my device on 3 different machines: 2 of them had Windows 7 64 bit, and one with Windows XP. Same problem on all after installing the rockchip driver.

I connected my device through micro usb while pushing the FN button. I tried once the DC usb port as well, because i thought, maybe i was doing it wrong. (i don't understand why is it necessary to turn on the USB debugging at Developer options if the device will be shut down; or is its operating system running while it is connected to the PC through the micro usb which is not for charging?) [NVM it was a bad idea, happened nothing]

I'm pretty sure now that the problem is that ADB can't see my device, even though it is connected and installed with the rockchip driver, because it's not good for ADB, i think.

I tried as well several external applications to install the driver for my device: Pdanet, moborobo, etc.
        No success.

Any idea? Someone else's having the same problem? Or is it just me?
        Same here
        I am running out of ideas .... I've tried every thing, spent the last 3 days reading every single post about rooting cx919 or RK3188 devices ... Nothing worked

finless flash tool gives an error when trying to reboot to flash mode:
        device can not do switch, because it is not msc device

TPSparkyRoot.bat - device not found

tried different drivers from different websites

Comment

Any news on this? I find it very interesting that this rom is the only one that definitely solve the flickering problem, but none of the experts have done a version based on this. Am I wrong? There are plans to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Chachotio View Post
            Any news on this? I find it very interesting that this rom is the only one that definitely solve the flickering problem, but none of the experts have done a version based on this. Am I wrong? There are plans to do it?
            I just bit it and installed Finless. Very good, minus some wifi issues (which I do not believe are ROM related). You might try VRoot http://www.mgyun.com/en/getvroot. I have not used it personally, but have heard that it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Chachotio View Post

I gave up on rooting this device as tried every suggestion & tool out there
              Eventually backed up my stock ROM & flashed finless, which of course caused flickering, so I reflashed my backed up kernel on top of Finless's Rom which solved the flickering problem

Comment

Working...
              X