1080p Kernels and OC (Custom Roms)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1080p Kernels and OC (Custom Roms)

Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of finding out some more information regarding 1080p kernels for custom roms, wanting to flash a custom rom but also want to make sure i have a 1080p kernel and that xbmc runs at 1080p in settings. It is trial and error regarding the oc kernels?? thankyou in advance p.s anyone know why when i press the enter/return key it wont go down to the next line?? only happens on this forum

Since this is the Minix x7... I assume that is what you have... if so the ROM's stickied at the top of this area will work.

Kernels are device specific in that they must match the hardware they are designed for ... such as a Minix Neo x7 or the x7 mini ( two different models, two different kernels ).

The only "hit or miss" part is how much you can safely OC the hardware.. there are variations in all CPU/GPU's that means one can OC more than another... so you have to try each speed out and stress test to see if any errors are shown or not.

Just remember... if you do OC something ( ie CPU, GPU or DDR ( memory ) )... you risk shortening the lifespan of the device. OC'ing the DDR probably gets you the best gain in speed overall but it does depend on what you are planning to do with it also. Games that are graphic intensive probably can be helped by increasing the GPU... with other apps being helped by OC'ing the CPU itself.

If your primary goal is for multimedia... video and music... just OC the memory a little bit and any other gain you'll be better getting tweaked software instead so that hardware acceleration is used instead of using software acceleration... OC'ing the CPU and GPU in this situation does little to gain you much.

Comment

Working...
    X