YouTube Live Streaming - Low Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube Live Streaming - Low Quality

I have a question regarding YouTube live streams: Whenever I connect to a live stream, the first few seconds of video streams in great quality/resolution.
    After about 5 seconds of live video, it is as if the quality steps down to what seems 144p/horribly low-res and it stays like that. This happens regardless of the ROM or YouTube app (Stock 008, Finless 1.8, Quickshot 2, using YouTube stock/HD).
    If I watch the same live streams via the same DSL connection on my i9100 phone or TF300 tablet out doesn't happen. Also watching the live stream in Chrome/Stock Browser doesn't cause the sudden 144p quality drop.

Normal non-live YouTube videos are not affected; they stream in HD/HQ perfectly.

Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution?

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by LCBXX View Post
      I have a question regarding YouTube live streams: Whenever I connect to a live stream, the first few seconds of video streams in great quality/resolution.
      After about 5 seconds of live video, it is as if the quality steps down to what seems 144p/horribly low-res and it stays like that. This happens regardless of the ROM or YouTube app (Stock 008, Finless 1.8, Quickshot 2, using YouTube stock/HD).
      If I watch the same live streams via the same DSL connection on my i9100 phone or TF300 tablet out doesn't happen. Also watching the live stream in Chrome/Stock Browser doesn't cause the sudden 144p quality drop.

Normal non-live YouTube videos are not affected; they stream in HD/HQ perfectly.

Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution?
      I also had the same problem with the live streaming in YoutubeHD. I recently flashed my X7 with HWG 4 rev2 with HLS streaming and it works perfectly fine. It also plays some apps with live streming pretty nice.
      I advice you to try the HWG with HLS streaming (works perfect for live streming).

Vab

Comment

Thank you I will give it a shot. Would be a hard push to replace my Quickshot ROM with the HGW one just to get proper live steaming on YouTube.

Comment

Hi,

I have the same issue on a CX919 running NCR 3.1 + D33 v4.1.
          Did you manage to solve this and if so, how?

Thank you.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Pihkal View Post
            Hi,

I have the same issue on a CX919 running NCR 3.1 + D33 v4.1.
            Did you manage to solve this and if so, how?

Thank you.

Regards
            As I mentioned the Hardware Guru Firmware with the HLS streaming worked for me.

Vab

Comment

Working...
            X