X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just got my K-R42/MK888/cs918b need help roms

Hey guys i have just bought a android TV box i bought this one

http://cgi.****.com.au/ws/****ISAPI....:X:RTQ:AU:1123

Im huge on XBMC and mainly want to use the box for that anyone have a tutorial on how to install roms or anything to have 1080p working and all the best things i need to have XBMC running smoothly? Do i have to install the latest firmware for this box first before anything?

Do i need to open the box up and post the model on the main chip (pcb)?

P.S Im a complete noob, first android box i ever owned i always used XBMC on a laptop
    How many roms or kernals do you have to install and does it break anything i will be using it via ethernet cable. Thanks in advanced guys look forward to hearing back from you guys

Originally posted by tankd View Post
    Hey guys i have just bought a android TV box i bought this one

http://cgi.****.com.au/ws/****ISAPI....:X:RTQ:AU:1123

Im huge on XBMC and mainly want to use the box for that anyone have a tutorial on how to install roms or anything to have 1080p working and all the best things i need to have XBMC running smoothly? Do i have to install the latest firmware for this box first before anything?

Do i need to open the box up and post the model on the main chip (pcb)?

P.S Im a complete noob, first android box i ever owned i always used XBMC on a laptop
    How many roms or kernals do you have to install and does it break anything i will be using it via ethernet cable. Thanks in advanced guys look forward to hearing back from you guys
    There's no custom roms available for this as it's a 'clone'.
    There are rom developers that might release an improved rom later this week.

You should definately open the box to check the hardware, otherwise you are going to flash rom after rom and it won't work.

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply, So clones are no good and cant work like the real thing??? What about custom firmwares will they help? I will open it up later on and take a picture and show you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by tankd View Post
        Thanks for the speedy reply, So clones are no good and cant work like the real thing??? What about custom firmwares will they help? I will open it up later on and take a picture and show you guys.
        The ones with Broadcom wifi or realtek wifi has the most support, custom roms and picuntu(linux support with wifi). Clone devices have no wifi support for picuntu and are more unstable and don't get new firmware updates from the manufacturer.

Comment

true..

I am trying to get something working with the mediatek WIFI drivers at the moment..
          They are not compatable with my kernels and the the drivers are broken in any kernel sourcecode.
          Still trying to get it working though.. with a lot of .. fingers crossed

Comment

Hey guys opened up the unit i got the version TN-BX09_v2.1 as a few people do in this thread http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...BX09_V2-1-1340

Bit confused a few people said int he thread they are running roms and kernals not sure what ones i need to install and what it does, In the process of getting xbmc and installing it, is there a certan version of xbmc i need? thanks.

Comment

For this box use firmware here, http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ware-by-wasser

Use "kernel-1080p-k-r42-new.img", "boot-1080p.img". The rest of the parts of the firmware are common to all boxes. If you are going to use the SPDIF optical output for sound make sure it is turned on in in Android, Settings, Sound, Sound Devices Manager, then make your selection based on your audio setup (play with the settings until you have sound where you want it).

Comment

Awesome thanks for the help, alot of common addons arnt woriing in xbmc like 1channel + sportsdevil etc it says (incompatible) will the firmware fix this?

Also how do you flash do you run RKBatchTool--1.7.exe i installed the driver to computer it recognized it now what box's do i keep ticked and how do i load the kernal and boot image?
                Last edited by tankd; 02-28-2014, 04:42.

Comment

bump?

Comment

I got it to work does this look like a correct flash? all i did was click run it couldnt find kernel so i renamed the path and now works i didnt selct the boot you sugested does that matter? thanks.
                    Last edited by tankd; 02-28-2014, 06:13.

Comment

Working...
                    X