Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird issues....SD card and wi-fi

Hi,

I'm attempting to use Titanium Backup, backing up to SD card.
    It kept failing saying insufficent space - I checked the folder with ES File Explorer and seemed to be read-only, I couldn't delete the folder.
    I re-formatted the SD card (FAT32, default allocation) and put back in the 10G2 and still cannot backup. ES File Explorer errors with "sorry operation failed"

I also can't access the internet - wi-fi access is fine, have IP address but neither the stock browser or the
    I've rebooted several times with no luck.

Any ideas?

Re-flash of 2.0a seems to have sorted it - possibly one of the apps i had installed (JuiceDefender is my suspect!)
    Unfortunately - like the idiot I seem to be today! - having re-formatted my SD card I've lost my Titanium Backup licence! Email sent to developer so hopefully will get a replacement soon!

Comment

Can't you just re download from the market? Every time I re flash I just download the license from the market again.

Sent from my GT-P7510
      "May the Schwartz be with you"

Comment

Tried that!
        Market link from tablet wanted me to pay again, web version wouldn't let me install to the tablet again.

Had key emailed from developer within 1/2hr of emailing them - excellent service, especially on a Sunday morning.

Comment

Being rooted can be a double edged sword! Allowing user RW access to /system and /data can get you messed up quick. There are some nasty rooted apps out there that sometimes dont play well.

Also understand about SD card. It is FAT32 and as such has no built in file repair system. Using things like task killers and what not can corrupt the SDcard. If your SD card is getting mounted as RO then it got corrupt. Plug the tablet into windows so windoes sees the Sdcard as a removable drive. RIght clikc on it and select properties, then tools, and repair it. Thats the quick way to fix your sdcard. I wish there was an APP that did a windows like "disk check" on the sdcard.

Also see my post here about properly using your sdcard.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Understand-WHY!

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            I wish there was an APP that did a windows like "disk check" on the sdcard.
            Do you know anything about SD Maid? Seems to have useful utilities but I have become skeptical since receiving advice from yourself and Petrus. You taught me that looks cool and is cool are 2 different things.

Sent from my GT-P7510
            "May the Schwartz be with you"

Comment

I think I'll remember to eject Sd card / drives from Windows in future - usually do! - and I've setup Titanium to sync to DropBox so hopefully all will be well.

Backups are your friend!

Comment

titanium backup

I had same issue when I first flashed Gingercomb, clearing the data on Google Play fixed the issue.

Comment

Working...
                X