Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie Player needed

Hi,
    I am on a quest for a good player for avi, mp4,etc. So far, all the ones I have tried
    do one of two things. Some of them have good audio/video sync, but have random digital
    blocking with scene changes. The others play the video smoothly, but the audio is so far
    out of sync it is almost funny. You can hit pause and the video freezes, but the audio
    will play for at least another second.

I have tried different video quality's,frame rates, and formats, but nothing makes a difference.

Anyone know of one that actually works properly?

Thanks,

Sam

Try qq player

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
    <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
    <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
    </form>

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and it too has serious audio lag.
      So far the only one that has come close to working properly is ES Media player
      I believe this is part of ES File Explorer.

Sam

Originally posted by Damo View Post
      Try qq player

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I use Root Explorer as my file manager app, and it seems to have a video player built into it that has worked with any video format i've thrown at it with no sync problems at all.
        Polaroid PMID701i 13
        Stock Rom from S.T.'s site
        Fully rooted
        Google's Market installed

Comment

Most video player apps default to using the Mali 400's hardware decoder, so the only difference between them is the GUI. If you have a file that has problems, you can try using a video app that has a software decoder in it, but that will drain your battery a lot faster. I know that MX Video Player has a software mode, but I've never used it.

Comment

I used a lot MX Player and MoboPlayer
            These are 2 great free apps.

Another one that I haven't tried yet but that seems to deserve a try : "Super Video, Floating & Popup" by GPC. I don't know which formats it supports, but it has unusual features.

Comment

Well I found my problem. My DVD ripping program was producing a file that
              none of the movie apps liked. I tried another ripping program and all is well.
              New files work with all the movie player apps.

Thanks for all the suggestions,

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by esl1885 View Post
                Well I found my problem. My DVD ripping program was producing a file that
                none of the movie apps liked. I tried another ripping program and all is well.
                New files work with all the movie player apps.

Thanks for all the suggestions,

Sam
                What ripping program did you have success with? and what format/output codec did you use?

Comment

I ended up using MagicRipper. I always use .avi for my files.
                  I have been using WinX DVD ripper for years and never had a problem
                  with anything played on my tv or thru my dvd player, but the tablet
                  did not like them at all. Even tried .mp4 files, but had the same results.

Sam

Originally posted by housetube View Post
                  What ripping program did you have success with? and what format/output codec did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by housetube View Post
                    In case this helps people: I have some ripped VOB files on my media server at home. I used Handbrake, with the "Android High" option and no custom settings, to transcode two of them to MP4. They play great on the 701i. I haven't messed around with custom players at all. I just open the MP4 file from the file manager and it plays fine in the stock player, as far as I can see.

Comment

Working...
                    X