Help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please?

Bought a quad core android box which appears to be a ac8350 bx09.

I'm normally not bad techie wise, but not sure where to go with this one.

I'm not terribly impressed with the box as is (breaking up on xbmc quite badly) and wanted to flash another rom and see if it gets any better.

Also, is there an easy guide for rooting, backing up etc? Getting confused with the guides.

Can root normal android phones no problem, but don't want to risk bricking it.

If you need to know anything please,lmk.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by roughie3; 03-01-2014, 17:50.

DUMP STOCK-ROM . & . BUILD UP FLASHABLE IMAGE
    If it is to difficult for you have a look at
    Backing up your RK device (ROM) with the new RK 2.1 tool

Stock Firmware For T-R42 B351 V2.0 board

PCB CH001 B351_V2.0 firmware stock firmware??
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thanks very much for the reply no_spam_for_me

Still to sure whether to keep this or not. The more I read, the more I think an Ouya would be better for us.

Comment

Originally posted by roughie3 View Post
        Bought a quad core android box which appears to be a ac8350 bx09.

I'm normally not bad techie wise, but not sure where to go with this one.

I'm not terribly impressed with the box as is (breaking up on xbmc quite badly) and wanted to flash another rom and see if it gets any better.

Also, is there an easy guide for rooting, backing up etc? Getting confused with the guides.

Can root normal android phones no problem, but don't want to risk bricking it.

If you need to know anything please,lmk.

Thanks
        Hi roughie3,
        I hope I can help you.
        My board is the same absolutely.
        1) Here is a link for last stock FW (You can flash it with RKBatchTool_1.7)
        百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

MD5 code :
        2) You can use this way which was suggested by Finless to take your own dump (I tried it with my rooted stock FW and have my dump rooted now):

3)For rooting I would recommend you RootGenius. On my opinion it is easiest way to do. You can download it somewhere, it isn't a problem. Do not forget to switch on Connect to PC and USB Debugging in setting menu when you run RootGenius. Of course, rockUSB and ADB drivers must be installed before using this tool.
        Good luck!
        CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
        CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
        K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
          Hi roughie3,
          I hope I can help you.
          My board is the same absolutely.
          1) Here is a link for last stock FW (You can flash it with RKBatchTool_1.7)
          百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

MD5 code :
          2) You can use this way which was suggested by Finless to take your own dump (I tried it with my rooted stock FW and have my dump rooted now):

3)For rooting I would recommend you RootGenius. On my opinion it is easiest way to do. You can download it somewhere, it isn't a problem. Do not forget to switch on Connect to PC and USB Debugging in setting menu when you run RootGenius. Of course, rockUSB and ADB drivers must be installed before using this tool.
          Good luck!
          Thanks very much for the reply Digger.

I am almost ready to return this and getting an Ouya instead as seems to be better for XBMC (my main reason for buying)

On yours, which image and kernel have you flashed,please? Also does XBMC run flawlessly with 1080p and does Icefilms etc?

Thanks very much for the reply again

Comment

Originally posted by roughie3 View Post
            Thanks very much for the reply Digger.

I am almost ready to return this and getting an Ouya instead as seems to be better for XBMC (my main reason for buying)

On yours, which image and kernel have you flashed,please? Also does XBMC run flawlessly with 1080p and does Icefilms etc?

Thanks very much for the reply again
            You probably know this board has 3188T instead of full clocked 3188. So I could'n reach any positive result with 1080p due to the lower performance.
            If you want you can try and check wasser 1.2.4 FW with this kernel http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/kerne...-nocpulock.img
            Sorry friend, I cannot give you any wise advice with XMBC. I don't like it. I always use MX PlayerPro for playing movies online and from my local sources and I have never tried Icefilms because I prefer to have my native language(Russian or Ukrainian) when I watch movies.
            CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
            CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
            K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
              You probably know this board has 3188T instead of full clocked 3188. So I could'n reach any positive result with 1080p due to the lower performance.
              If you want you can try and check wasser 1.2.4 FW with this kernel http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/kerne...-nocpulock.img
              Sorry friend, I cannot give you any wise advice with XMBC. I don't like it. I always use MX PlayerPro for playing movies online and from my local sources and I have never tried Icefilms because I prefer to have my native language(Russian or Ukrainian) when I watch movies.
              I didn't actually

Does that mean it's underclocked as well?

thank you!!

Comment

Working...
              X