Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware Downloads - PMID701i (10, 13, & x10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware Downloads - PMID701i (10, 13, & x10)

WARNING! - The PMID701i has three different versions. It is very important to find your exact model number located on the back of the tablet before performing a firmware upgrade. Performing an upgrade to the wrong tablet will result in the tablet being "BRICKED", rendering it usless as well as voiding your warranty. To find your exact model number look on the back of the tablet just underneath the Polaroid logo as shown, then match that number to the firmware upgrade below:
    EDIT: It looks like the only reason to update is to "unlock" a tablet you've lost the password to... (The typo was on the website)
    Is there firmware support for my tablet?

• Yes there is a firmware update available. However, this is only for users who have locked the tablet and cannot unlock it. There is no other reason to perform an upgrade as of yet. As neccessary updates become available registered users will be notifiied.
    Last edited by FastKatt; 05-28-2012, 17:41. Reason: Added Info

Or maybe one that you bricked installing a non-standard ROM?

Comment

i wont say it isnt true but...

Originally posted by sktn77a View Post
      Or maybe one that you bricked installing a non-standard ROM?
      While i have had a few times where i had to work at it a bit more i have never gotten my tablet so messed up i couldnt get it back using livesuite. The FEL mode that it uses to perform the flash is built right into the Allwinner CPU at the heart of these tablets making them very hard to brick.

Comment

Working...
      X