How to Remove Google Play Store From Rom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Remove Google Play Store From Rom

Using the RKKitchen (Thanks for this tool set 900supersport) I have taken the stock Rom for my RK device and have been modifying it. Changing the Boot Logo, Boot animation, debloating it, ect.

I have actually remove close to 90% of the apps I do not want on in the Rom. There are only 3 I am having a hard time figuring out which APK in the folder they are.

One of those App's being the Google Play Store. I just for the life of me can not figure out how to remove it from the ROM.

So I was wondering. if the play store is actually part of the kernel. Anyone have any ideas?

The play store apk is usually called com.android.vending

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Sadly almost none of the apk's in the /system/app folder are named as their package name. I guess I could decomp all of the APK's tell I find one containing that package name.

Comment

Try with Phonesky.apk ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Adainair View Post
          Try with Phonesky.apk ;-)
          That was it thank you. Now i just have to figure out why the preinstall isn't working.

Comment

Try to rename new Google store into Phonesky.apk mabye this bypass needed privilegies in system.
            Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Adainair View Post
              Try to rename new Google store into Phonesky.apk mabye this bypass needed privilegies in system.
              Good luck
              I actually did not want the Play store in the this rom. So the Phonesky.apk was actualyl removed.

What I ment by the preinstall not working was. In the rkkitchen there is a feature that allows you to have apps install them self on first boot, making it so they are there on the device by default, but not as system app's. Example being things like Root Explorer or a Reboot app.

The init.rc shows the service setup and the preinstall.sh file is in the bin folder like it should be, but the apps don't install. if you try to run the preinstall script manually you get:

root@android:/ # /system/bin/preinstall.sh
              /system/bin/sh: /system/bin/preinstall.sh: No such file or directory

But when you check the bin folder you see it is there:
              ls -l /system/bin/preinstall.sh
              -rwxr-xr-x 1 0 0 1133 Mar 10 17:03 /system/bin/preinstall.sh

My guess is the preinstall.sh script just isn't compatible with the device i'm working with and i'll have to rewrite it.

Comment

Working...
              X